News Willie Mason, Mark O’Meley involved in Luke Thompson’s season-ending injury

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason and O’Meley standing there with the bags and letting Thompson injure himself, surely that’s a sackable offence ..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad. Just found out about this. Oh well. Ryan Sutton has an opportunity to cement his spot in the starting 13.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"involved"

It sounds like Thompson injured himself before he even got to them.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Thommo tried his heart out most of the time he has been here but the expectation of his impact for us never lived up to the hype. I have never seen him play here the way he did in the SL but I think thats a combination of how coaches have played him here and the style of game the NRL is compared to SL.

Someone will absolutely pick him up if we dont re-sign him but probably for more like 450-500k.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Least Foran played well
And hard when he was on the park. This bloke is the worst signing in a long time.
I think that’s incredibly harsh. He was in lockdown away from his friends and family when he first signed for us, it must have been tough. I think he’s a good player as well, granted he’s been out injured a lot but he seems like a good lad and we should get around him in support.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think Thommo tried his heart out most of the time he has been here but the expectation of his impact for us never lived up to the hype. I have never seen him play here the way he did in the SL but I think thats a combination of how coaches have played him here and the style of game the NRL is compared to SL.

Someone will absolutely pick him up if we dont re-sign him but probably for more like 450-500k.
Mate we should just resign him for 600k or something.

our club has been abysmal and shit for his stay with us… it ended Josh Jackson’s career ffs. Would have loved to see what he can do now we are a much stronger team

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is so devastating for the club etc but a massive kick to the guts for us fans (not blaming Thompson in any way)but feels like we’ve been waiting six years to be competitive and we start the season with out two (for arguments sake) best middles out. Just farrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk :rage::rage::rage:
I agree
And it’s a little deflating