Opinion Will you accept this?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how often this point is made, people keep repeating he should have been re-signed.

The more pertinent question: Why was big Ava let go?
I think they concluded Ava was surplus to requirements with TPJ, Thompson, Patolo, Waddell, Pele, King, RFM, Kikau and Sutton not to mention the emergence of Preston, Morrin, Edwards etc.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they concluded Ava was surplus to requirements with TPJ, Thompson, Patolo, Waddell, Pele, King, RFM, Kikau and Sutton not to mention the emergence of Preston, Morrin, Edwards etc.
Sutton the 500k Ghoul signing?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we needed to be in that cluster of teams fighting for bottom of the 8 spots. But the issue for mine is we’re going backwards. We should be coming into playing the best footy of the season. Instead we’re playing our worst. Something is up.
I don't see the team looking settled. It shouldn't matter who's playing we should be seeing the same style of game or the same game plan. I don't see any style what so ever. Last week we moved the ball around, this week we play slow up the middle and get smashed around. The players look confused every week and the onus is on Ciraldo.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am probably one of the more optimistic people on here. But it’s naive to think we are moving up the ladder from here. We are probably battling it out for the spoon. Defence and defensive efforts have been lacking. The few games that we lost by 2-4 we should have won. Had we done that we are probably closer to the 8 but coulda woulda shoulda aren’t seen in the history books.

It has been a year of rotten luck. But you do make your own luck at times. Also the coaches that blow up don’t always keep the locker room. Had we had flanno and he blows up every week. How long until that gets old? You can do it maybe 4-5 times and players will fire up. But you can’t do it every week.

We have a poor roster, we didn’t and haven’t recruited the positions we should have. Flanno and Hayze are the worst 7 and 1 in the comp. It was called by various media outlets before the season started. None of our forwards bend the line (besides Tpj the last month). We make elementary errors or the last pass doesn’t find it’s man. I wouldn’t throw Ciro or Gus under the bus until I see the squad for 2024. If we are delivered a half back, a few props and a few up and comers you head into 24 optimistically again. If we have Waddell, okunbor, burns, Casey, Reynolds, flange anywhere near first grade then may god have mercy on us all. Lucky for us a lot of those guys have contracts up. So you just hope the powers that be make the right choices and NOT keep them.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
are people gonna just ignore the injury issues we have had? Lets be realistic here, 8-12 was gonna be a push considering the depth players we have after our injuries are far from good enough to play Nrl, ie waddell, okunbor, patolo, we have the worst pack in the comp, our pack at its best is enough to compete, without kikau, thompson, a fully fit king, its certainly not good enough and week on week it gets bullied, that area needs heavy investment this off season, id love a 7 but our pack may be an even bigger issue, we need 2 big props minimum and a 13. Ciro is working with the worst forward pack in the comp and no surprise most of the tries today came through the middle. Ive seen enough from ciro to win games we had no right to win , Storm away, Cowboys 14-0 down, titans from behind to give him a pass from this year. With a full aide at storm we played good rugby but ever since the south sydney game we ve had nightmare injuries lets be honest. If we have a full team next year and still as bad, then ill question him, until them im fully behind him. No coach in history gets a decent result out of today, was men vs boys in that pack.