Opinion Will you accept this?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we finish below 12th this season it will be worse than last season where we had BAZ as our coach to start the year
I dont know about you but the majority of fans expected us to be at least between 9th and 12th this season and pushing upwards with a new coach and a better squad
Maybe we just need to accept that we are finished and it will take a miracle to get out of this because we keep expecting the Ghoul to get us out of this but in reality hes been here 2 years already and still going backwards

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't really care where we finish on the ladder. I think the eye test is more important (we're failing miserably) and we're the worst team in the competition. Going into the season my heart said we'd finish 12th (I think?), but my head had us finishing in the bottom 4. When it comes to our club there's no point hoping anymore, we always get worse case scenario and until we see something different that's what we have to look forward to game after game, year after year. Grim.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a fan, I’ve learnt how important it is to put my expectations in hibernation. Anything else is too painful. Looking at the draw ahead, it would be a miracle if we finished 12 or above. The squad needs an established halfback and 2 big boppers up front. Anything less means we’ll just be playing with our dicks for another year. No point sacking the coach, we just need better ammo moving forward.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we needed to be in that cluster of teams fighting for bottom of the 8 spots. But the issue for mine is we’re going backwards. We should be coming into playing the best footy of the season. Instead we’re playing our worst. Something is up.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
losing kikau and Thompson hasn't helped us this season also not resigning vaughan was a dumb decision
I don’t even consider Thompson a dogs player as the reality is he will have played 25 games in 4 years when he leaves at the end of the year.
Who knows what Kikau may have added but not sure he alone brings us above 12th

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t even consider Thompson a dogs player as the reality is he will have played 25 games in 4 years when he leaves at the end of the year.
Who knows what Kikau may have added but not sure he alone brings us above 12th
having kikau allows us to have preston on the right with no okunbor. as for thompson he still adds more than some of the other forwards we have

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we finish below 12th this season it will be worse than last season where we had BAZ as our coach to start the year
I dont know about you but the majority of fans expected us to be at least between 9th and 12th this season and pushing upwards with a new coach and a better squad
Maybe we just need to accept that we are finished and it will take a miracle to get out of this because we keep expecting the Ghoul to get us out of this but in reality hes been here 2 years already and still going backwards
Depends on whether they learn anything from the stupidity of signing Reynolds and not signing middles. Ill still support n invest time n money

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m beyond feeling pain. I just don’t give a fuck anymore. This club is an absolute laughing stock

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Another pointless thread/post.
There’s still 9 games to go and you’re making comparisons to the end of the season last year?

Any ‘predictions’ that were made don’t mean much but were done before a massive injury toll threw our season off course early on not to mention the known roster gaps that were called out (in more subtle terms) at both the AGM and season launch.

Why do you keep saying ‘we’re finished’?
So funny how you call others ‘cooked’ :-).

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The year is a complete write off again so where we finish doesn't matter anymore, it's all about continuing the development of guys like Preston and Morrin, and now it's time to see if guys like Skelton and Wilson have what it takes ... right now there is no one left to sign that would make a difference so the only hope we've got for next year is more of the young guys stepping up and replacing the washed up has beens and bringing a new fearless energy to the team.