Will/Should Hasler rest anyone for the last 2 rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I started all the bullsh!t/negative talk this morning with the LOSS V Momentum thread, bored myself tbh lol

Lets just get out there, play hard, play strong and whatever happens we've had a super year with super talented kids that will play for us for many many years !!!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
There's always the option of resting players during the game. Give the younger forwards more game time and rest Barba and play Inu at FB or whatever your liking is.
100% best option I think, name your best team (minus any semi-injuried players)

and if everything is going okay, give them less minutes

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How he continued to play on after bending/crushing/twisting his ankle like that is beyond me. Fck me it looked painful.
I know, I thought he was gonna have to be carried off, so often you see player's legs get caught in positions like that and it ends up a lot worse.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely rest tolman, ennis and barba for roosters game plz dessie boy!

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
If we are going to rest anyone, it should happen this week. The game really doesn't mean a lot to us in the context of our season, IMO.

Rest Frankie, Barba and Reynolds, who all have niggling injuries. Romelo, Gavet and Low could come in to fill in. Of course, I fully expect that Des will name the usual 17, even if he were minded to rest them.

I know its a big call but we can afford to drop this one. I don't care about 13 in a row or whatever. I want to win the GF, that is all that matters!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
My head is screaming "don't change a winning formula" and "if it ain't broke don't fix it" ...

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Resting players in the last round isn't the best idea because if all goes to plan we will have week 2 off in the finals meaning those players would only have played twice in the space of 4 weeks, not the best thing to do

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If we were to rest anyone it would be this week...not against the Roosters next week (a week before the finals)...Des would rather our players have that element of match time coming into the finals, not give them a week off before and throw them straight into the deep water (looking likely that it will be Manly at this stage)

Also the fact that some of our forwards are struggling with fitness/tiredness, means they need to do the hard yards (sometimes giving that week off, may mean they get into cruise stage which isn't a good thing either)
Did you ever think perhaps they have been doing too many hard yards. Player burnout does happen so a week off could work wonders. You don't make it to round 25 being unfit when you are being coached by a fitness nut like Hasler

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Melbourne's for and against means we can't afford to rest anyone, unfortunately.
Agreed, momentum is a wonderful thing no resting just rotate a little more IMO
Manly have been there before and the Storm have the big three who have been there many times before (Finals Football), we need to win the first Semi which will give us the rest the whole team will get.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Resting players in the last round isn't the best idea because if all goes to plan we will have week 2 off in the finals meaning those players would only have played twice in the space of 4 weeks, not the best thing to do
Spot on!

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
I reckon none of the players should get rest, they rest the whole week after training, then what are they getting paid for to rest there meant to play Week by week

P

Paint.

I reckon none of the players should get rest, they rest the whole week after training, then what are they getting paid for to rest there meant to play Week by week
I agree!!! Why are they training when they should be resting!!!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Pritchard and Tolman to get the weekend off for mine, Jackson and Finucane could hold the ship steady.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give key players like Barba extended breaks on the bench in the second half for the next two rounds

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id rest Pritchard, Barba definitley for a week and even perhaps Keating for the last game bringing Romelo into the side.

bulldog_matt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i'd only rest frank for the roosters game if the minor premiership is tied up. also let benny play the first half against the roosters, and put innu at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.