Reaction score
Not the greatest Bulldog centre but definitely a Bulldogs great

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think so. He has played heaps of games and scored plenty of tries. Imagine if he wasn’t handicapped in his golden years with crap halves, he would have smashed most tries record by now.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A bulldog great... price, mason, sbw, reynolds, graham,

Not on the same level as lamb, mortimer, elmasri. They are club legends

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any player to play 10 years straight in first grade for the dogs is a dogs legend. It’s not his fault we didn’t win a comp with him, he gave his all and more. Still in my opinion a brick wall in defense

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When you talk about the bulldogs is he a player that immediately comes to mind?

He's given good service and been loyal to the club but not a legend/great.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JMoz has been great for this club. He has represented his state and country from playing for us. Injury has blunted his speed and probably recent year game plans stopped/slowed his try scoring numbers, but playing 200 nrl games is a great effort and puts him in the top 10 appearances for the club and he is our 5th highest try scorer of all time. He is only 5 away from 100 nrl tries also

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To me J-Moz will go down as a club legend. He came to the club at a time when our backline lacked punch and immediately improved it. He's been good enough to feature in origin sides for many years and has been a great ambassador for the club. I always tend to think more highly of humble players and he's never seemed to show much in terms of ego.

To his detriment I think some of his attacking prowess has been blunted in recent years by our style of play (second rowers running very wide and limiting space for outside backs to move) and lack of halves that can put defense in two minds. I don't for a second think he's the perfect player. At times I've seen him hog the ball and get tackled when a simple pass would put a winger over for a try. But there have been plenty of occasions where he's been able to score tries that most centres wouldn't be capable of. He has an ability to fool defenders into going the wrong way and then beating them by going in the other direction.

Congrats on reaching a pretty big milestone for us J-Moz. I hope you feature heavily in our first win of the season this week.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Na just a top player and bloke who couldn't get quality ball who stood on the flanks with his hands on his hips waiting for a pass.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once he retires he will be remembered as a former Bulldogs player. He's the 3rd all time tryscorer behind Lamb (2nd) and El Masri (1st). Definitely a club legend in my opinion.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok, not a legend... it’s settled then! Cancel the cake...or at least make sure it’s a carrot cake!

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I never seen the great Johnny Greaves play but after reading this post it made me think where does Morris stand among our centers post 1972.These are the centers that came to mind:Brentnal,Currie,Farrar,Mark Hughes,Chris and Peter Mortimer,Smith,Connolly,McCracken,Talau,Vangana and Davies.I didn't consider Eric Hughes, Elia or Lowther as they didn't play many games for the Dogs.I hope I didn't miss an obvious one,any suggestions?Myself I think Farrar but loved McCracken's big hits.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never seen the great Johnny Greaves play but after reading this post it made me think where does Morris stand among our centers post 1972.These are the centers that came to mind:Brentnal,Currie,Farrar,Mark Hughes,Chris and Peter Mortimer,Smith,Connolly,McCracken,Talau,Vangana and Davies.I didn't consider Eric Hughes, Elia or Lowther as they didn't play many games for the Dogs.I hope I didn't miss an obvious one,any suggestions?Myself I think Farrar but loved McCracken's big hits.
Tonga?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
his a nice addition i guess.... def not a legend.
i cant imagine people in the future talking about josh in same breath as mortimer and co. i only see potentially klemmer becoming a legend of the club if he stays with us and continues to develop, reach his potential and fkn stay at his potential consistently.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i grew up with willie talau, no **** will ever top him in my opinion. i still remember going to my first game, it was against the eels. eels score first, 2 seconds later talau killed a few eels and scored a try. best memory, i think i lost my virginity

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he was great his first few seasons but became shit like matt utai, shorties couldnt cut it anymore in the backline unless you are a slater (freak of nature). hazem el masri suffered in his last seasons more than usual notcoz age hit him harder but coz the game evolved very quickly in regards to wingers and centres being over 186cm, how is a 176cm or however tall he was gonna compete with that? then utai at like 169cm lol, its a shame i fkn loved utai.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Legend is a massive call. He's definitely one of our best centres we've ever had. Dude was a beast before his 2014 injury.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth be told, there's daylight between Josh and the next best centre to put on the Canterbury jersey -- Chris Mortimer, Greaves, Vagana -- in that order.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i grew up with willie talau, no **** will ever top him in my opinion. i still remember going to my first game, it was against the eels. eels score first, 2 seconds later talau killed a few eels and scored a try. best memory, i think i lost my virginity
I lost my virginity after crying my eyes out watching Jack Gibson’s Easts dominate us with Russell Fairfax (running off Beetson) along with their two giant threequarters Mark Harris and Bill Mullins back in 1974,this chick felt sorry for me.Had to wait until 1979 to try that trick again lol.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any player to play 10 years straight in first grade for the dogs is a dogs legend. It’s not his fault we didn’t win a comp with him, he gave his all and more. Still in my opinion a brick wall in defense
100% correct Les Johns never won a premiership because he played during the all conquering St. George,then Souths eras but he is regarded as a champion player of the 1960s and early 1970s and has been named among the finest footballers of the 20th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.