Will Chambers --> Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
he was pretty good for the storm i thought.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
when a player is surrounded by that many star players...me or you could have slapped on a melb jersey and looked good

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@ Cheka

TBH, the only time the NRL kicked some AFL butt was when we ran the Simply the Best campaign with Tina Turner and Eddie McGuire would testify to that since it left a bad taste in his mouth, and going by all reports the NRL out scored the AFL this year in the TV ratings but we will never be able to match the rival codes (AFL and Union) financially until we are truely a National sport not just a percieved one!!! To call yourself the National Rugby League and not have teams in S.A or W.A is a farce,tbh.

I agree with you that Demetriou is a w@nker, but he is a w@nker that gets results. E.G GC Suns and now GWS Giants. Demetriou must have elephatitis of the nuts because no matter which way you look at it that my friend is leadership! While the NRL is twideling its thumbs Demetriou is growing their game and attacking the heart land of the NRL.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
when a player is surrounded by that many star players...me or you could have slapped on a melb jersey and looked good
Its a fair call though he still did look like he has alot more ability then say wright.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
@ Cheka

TBH, the only time the NRL kicked some AFL butt was when we ran the Simply the Best campaign with Tina Turner and Eddie McGuire would testify to that since it left a bad taste in his mouth, and going by all reports the NRL out scored the AFL this year in the TV ratings but we will never be able to match the rival codes (AFL and Union) financially until we are truely a National sport not just a percieved one!!! To call yourself the National Rugby League and not have teams in S.A or W.A is a farce,tbh.

I agree with you that Demetriou is a w@nker, but he is a w@nker that gets results. E.G GC Suns and now GWS Giants. Demetriou must have elephatitis of the nuts because no matter which way you look at it that my friend is leadership! While the NRL is twideling its thumbs Demetriou is growing their game and attacking the heart land of the NRL.
do you honestly think that GWS will honestly buy that garbage of a code??....i really dont think the AFL will last out there...but the NRL cant soley rely on the team failing either...again GALLOP has to come in and put something in place for us as a code to retain an important area for rugby league

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I reckon he is a pretty decent player, seemed to fit in well with the QLD team when needed.

I wouldnt want him to be coming here at the expense of Lafai though.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@ Cheka

GWS 12,165 Foundation Members in 2011
GWS 3000 Members so far for 2012 and growing. I guess once were NRL Fans.

do you honestly think that GWS will honestly buy that garbage of a code??....
You tell me mate? The writting is on the wall and the only person thus far to have taken notice of this is Gus! Again very little leadership from the NRL. Will the GWS franchise succeed? As an NRL fan I don't know but I guess that question is self answering, if we use the Swans as a marker.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
@ Cheka

GWS 12,165 Foundation Members in 2011
GWS 3000 Members so far for 2012 and growing. I guess once were NRL Fans.

You tell me mate? The writting is on the wall and the only person thus far to have taken notice of this is Gus! Again very little leadership from the NRL. Will the GWS franchise succeed? As an NRL fan I don't know but I guess that question is self answering, if we use the Swans as a marker.
if they have a piss weak season how many doyou reckon will re-sign as members...for me i dont want the game i love to go down the sh!tter

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if they have a piss weak season how many doyou reckon will re-sign as members...for me i dont want the game i love to go down the sh!tter
Being a doggies supporter for the last 33 years I love rugby league, I grew up on it. TBH, IMO it is the last true gladiator sport left. I know others would say what about union or the NFL to them I say I don't care union and the NFL has too much padding and stopages for my liking. The WWE is fake but still enjoyable:grinning: Only time will tell if airial ping pong will last in the Greater Western Sydney.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, we do need a good centre but I have never liked players being able to switch between codes. SBW is the prime example!!! the NRL hit him with a 5 year suspension for breaking his contract which rates to nothing as he made a living from playing union and now SBW plans to return to the NRL on a pay rise. IMO once a player defects to a rival code the NRL should firmly slam the door behind them and deregister that player for life. We have enough youngsters in our game that want to play rugby league and are itching for the opportunity to develop into first graders and become NRL stars in their own rite.
Pretty sure that can't be done. I think it was Terry Hill or some other player that went to court and won in a case that was similar to what you're talking about. I'm not sure, I think they argued under industrial relations law and called it a, 'restraint of trade.' Even if a precedent hasn't been set, Fairwork Australia would have a field day with this.

Other then that I actually agree with you to a point. It depends on the manner the player left this game. If they broke a contract, then yeah piss off, see ya later. It might make them think twice. Other then that if a player wants to test themselves in another game, and internationally union is way bigger than league,(pains me to say that) then you can't really dictate to some one where they can or can't work.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@ Big Nick

Thanks for the heads up, pitty we don't live in a perfect world :grinning: and BTW I agree with your comment. I just hate seeing players take the NRL for granted.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@ Big Nick

Thanks for the heads up, pitty we don't live in a perfect world :grinning: and BTW I agree with your comment. I just hate seeing players take the NRL for granted.
I agree.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
a good centre is required
Seems like this rumour has been going around for 2 years now. Its almost turned into an urban myth.
In any case, true or untrue we don't need an average centre in our squad, we have one in Wright.
Will Chambers is a good centre and being only 24 years old on 26 May 2012 has plenty of football left in him. When you consider that the Bulldogs have only Morris, Lafai and Wright as FG contenders another good one would be more than welcome. Especially as Morris and Lafai both had long term injuries in the 2011 season and Morris is a big chance for State of Origin selection.:yo:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was only a matter of time before someone made this rumour up and spread it.

Good if true, as I believe that Wright and Goodwin will be released end of this year if they fail to find form.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty sure that can't be done. I think it was Terry Hill or some other player that went to court and won in a case that was similar to what you're talking about. I'm not sure, I think they argued under industrial relations law and called it a, 'restraint of trade.' Even if a precedent hasn't been set, Fairwork Australia would have a field day with this.

Other then that I actually agree with you to a point. It depends on the manner the player left this game. If they broke a contract, then yeah piss off, see ya later. It might make them think twice. Other then that if a player wants to test themselves in another game, and internationally union is way bigger than league,(pains me to say that) then you can't really dictate to some one where they can or can't work.
Hey Big Nick, if i remember correctly wasn't it the draft system Terry Hill took to court and won. Surely if the NRL is a privately owned entity, they can choose who plays and who doesn't? I'm not 100% sure on the laws only my opinion.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey Big Nick, if i remember correctly wasn't it the draft system Terry Hill took to court and won. Surely if the NRL is a privately owned entity, they can choose who plays and who doesn't? I'm not 100% sure on the laws only my opinion.
Yes he was drafted to play for roosters but wanted play under Warren Ryan @ Wests.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what policies and procedures the NRL put in place it still has to adhere to industrial relations legislation. I'm not a solicitor, but I'm guessing that it would depend on who the employer is listed as on the player's contract, if it's the club or the NRL. I know that contracts are registered with the governing body, being the NRL. If a club or player has a dispute with the governing body and neither party is willing to budge, then off to the courts they go.

Long story short, if you're going to deny someone an opportunity to work, that is if a club wants a player and he is also willing, the NRL better dot their i's and cross their t's because you can't deny a person work simply because of policy, procedure or an unfair contract.

My two cents.:grinning:

C

chipandchase

Will Chambers is a good centre and being only 24 years old on 26 May 2012 has plenty of football left in him. When you consider that the Bulldogs have only Morris, Lafai and Wright as FG contenders another good one would be more than welcome. Especially as Morris and Lafai both had long term injuries in the 2011 season and Morris is a big chance for State of Origin selection.:yo:
Chambers is a very good centre IMO and he would be either centre or winger in our top 13.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
yeh i agree though i have now heard jamie simpson and will chambers being signed by the dogs, i don't know if either are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.