Will Chambers --> Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
hey guys

havent been on here for ages but read on twitter last night that Will chambers is looking to come to us in Feb? He used to go alright down at the storm and is trying to get out of european union contract.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like this rumour has been going around for 2 years now. Its almost turned into an urban myth.
In any case, true or untrue we don't need an average centre in our squad, we have one in Wright.

a good centre is required
We have Lafai in waiting.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
hey guys

havent been on here for ages but read on twitter last night that Will chambers is looking to come to us in Feb? He used to go alright down at the storm and is trying to get out of european union contract.
**** i hope so, especially if lafais shoulder isn't recovered. who said it on twitteR?

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
**** i hope so, especially if lafais shoulder isn't recovered. who said it on twitteR?
Josh Massoud from telegraph. dont know what his reputation is like but from the stuff he posts he is normally on the money. he said how we chased him from storm few yrs back but he is trying to get out of euro rugby deal providing that we can offer the right $$$.

personally i think it would be a good buy

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
a good centre is required
Agreed, we do need a good centre but I have never liked players being able to switch between codes. SBW is the prime example!!! the NRL hit him with a 5 year suspension for breaking his contract which rates to nothing as he made a living from playing union and now SBW plans to return to the NRL on a pay rise. IMO once a player defects to a rival code the NRL should firmly slam the door behind them and deregister that player for life. We have enough youngsters in our game that want to play rugby league and are itching for the opportunity to develop into first graders and become NRL stars in their own rite.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Agreed, we do need a good centre but I have never liked players being able to switch between codes. SBW is the prime example!!! the NRL hit him with a 5 year suspension for breaking his contract which rates to nothing as he made a living from playing union and now SBW plans to return to the NRL on a pay rise. IMO once a player defects to a rival code the NRL should firmly slam the door behind them and deregister that player for life. We have enough youngsters in our game that want to play rugby league and are itching for the opportunity to develop into first graders and become NRL stars in their own rite.
i understand what you´re sayin but i don´t think it will happen imo

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheka
i understand what you´re sayin but i don´t think it will happen imo
It may not happen, Cheka but bro! it would make any defector from our game think twice before jumping ship. Rugby League is a great game and it should not have a rotating door!!! It's just my personal opinion. :grinning:

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
It may not happen, Cheka but bro! it would make any defector from our game think twice before jumping ship. Rugby League is a great game and it should not have a rotating door!!! It's just my personal opinion. :grinning:
players prob still wouldn´t care cause union can offer a sh1tload more money than league can...its unfortunate but thats the way things are these days....long gone are the days of loyalty

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Union is actually a fun game to play and is also a lot bigger than league. It's not all about money for players defecting.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
hrmm wel lets hope so!

chambers inside turner would be nice.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@ Cheka

In most cases loyalty is dead and buried!!! It is just us fans that stay loyal. As for union being able to offer more money this is not necessarily the case in hindsight you can only go to the well so many times before the well goes dry. The player also runs the risk of losing himself in rugby, no longer being the top dog. Just take a look at Mason!!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
@ Cheka

In most cases loyalty is dead and buried!!! It is just us fans that stay loyal. As for union being able to offer more money this is not necessarily the case in hindsight you can only go to the well so many times before the well goes dry. The player also runs the risk of losing himself in rugby, no longer being the top dog. Just take a look at Mason!!!
in mason´s case the guy lost himself as soon as he left us..but surely rugby league has to do something to get players to stop switchin codes....or at least minimize it....i dont see many players if any at all switchin from union to league

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Cheka

Totally agree, all too true. Something must be done!!! But first the NRL admin must grow a set and start putting in procedures to stem if not stop the exodus of rugby league talent to union!!! Until then discussions like this become futile, it’s like pissing in the wind. We need leadership!!! We have it at club level with Tod but very little comes from head office, and until such leadership is evident across the entire NRL players with dollar signs in their eyes will use our game as a transit lounge.

B

BoonReturns

Would love to sign him. If he came we could have him and lafai in the side, one could play centre the other wing and both are a fair size. Better than the crap we currently have in Lett, Write, Goodwin etc

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good valid point, although as i said with Lafai coming back from his shoulder injury it at least gives us some quality in the centres with chambers and morris.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
@Cheka

Totally agree, all too true. Something must be done!!! But first the NRL admin must grow a set and start putting in procedures to stem if not stop the exodus of rugby league talent to union!!! Until then discussions like this become futile, it’s like pissing in the wind. We need leadership!!! We have it at club level with Tod but very little comes from head office, and until such leadership is evident across the entire NRL players with dollar signs in their eyes will use our game as a transit lounge.
gallop´s position should be looked at tbh

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@ Cheka

Great minds think alike! I have been thinking the exact thing for quite a while. But who's going to replace him? Tod would do a great job but I am fairly happy keeping him at the Bulldogs!!! Gould imo would be another good candidate with his passion and flair for the game and his no nonsence approach but without him at the panthers that club would fold! They are already having problems finding sponsors for 2012. Maybe we could poach Andrew Demetriou from the AFL his a top notch administrator that's not affraid to make the hard decisions or grow the game in enemy territory, his record speaks for itself but with that said he would come with a price tag of over 1.4 million per year. Not a bad investment imo!!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
@ Cheka

Great minds think alike! I have been thinking the exact thing for quite a while. But who's going to replace him? Tod would do a great job but I am fairly happy keeping him at the Bulldogs!!! Gould imo would be another good candidate with his passion and flair for the game and his no nonsence approach but without him at the panthers that club would fold! They are already having problems finding sponsors for 2012. Maybe we could poach Andrew Demetriou from the AFL his a top notch administrator that's not affraid to make the hard decisions or grow the game in enemy territory, his record speaks for itself but with that said he would come with a price tag of over 1.4 million per year. Not a bad investment imo!!!
demetriou is a w@nker tbh.....wouldve thought gus may have been a good candidate but the panthers would be his priority....dunno how else can be chosen for the position but its something thatshould be reviewed...the tv deals we have had has been sh!t to put it nicely...were not gettin anywhere near enough money pumped into the game...last thing i wanna see is this great game go down the sh1tter

Status
Not open for further replies.