• Yes

Votes: 86 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 119 58.0%

• Total voters

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not Ciraldo personally, it's the fact that we have a rookie coach...
I'm thinking no rookie coach with no experienced half as a leader on the field would of done any better with Ciraldo with the mess that were in and have been for years...
Players are 100% not fully committed or respect for Ciraldo.
Rookie coach with Rookie spine players not working and it doesn't help when senior players in other positions are not standing up..
This side we have now with James Graham 'in his prime' in it would be a competitive side. He used to let rip at team mates but they respected him as he led the way.
Simple we have no leadership on the field or on sideline.
Experienced disciplined coach with a leader on the field, need both 1x halfback and 1 x prop to lead the way is what you need for a rebuild and we got it so wrong it's not funny.
We really screwed it up.....

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Understand we have not have a highly competitive roster in 2023, perhaps one of the most impacted teams with injuries. As such had set my expectations low this year, making the 8 was like a mini grand final. What I am disappointed is not seeing a gradual improvement in players, gradual improvement in the team, setting a bench level no less than last year. As a rookie coach, he made some tactically wrong choices, wrong assessment of players capabilities, strange rotations, problems with fine tuning of defensive structures to suit the team. Not in the inner sanctum but from reports, seems like the Dogs spent less time of fitness more time physical hits in training. I think it is no coincident that we had plenty of injuries during training.

Let's see what 2024 brings, hopefully some magic dust.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiks and Chrichton have had extensive experience with CC and both obviously think he is pretty good.

Both could have signed elsewhere on comparable money.

The coach is always the first in line to cop it from emotional fans who think they have a better grasp on the situation, despite no actual knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes. Same can be said for team selections.

I go back a long way and have heard it all before .... Anderson, Folkes, Moore, Des, Pay, Barrett, were all labeled as rubbish coaches for large parts of their careers.

There are many reasons why seasons derail .... it's not always about coaching. Something happened after our loss to The Roosters. I suspect that some hard truths were told and many of our mentally soft players have folded or spat the dummy. Many of these players will not be here next season. This applies to reserve grade as well. Add all the injuries to the mix and it is not surprising the season has spiraled downward.

Sir Alex Fergerson was almost sacked in his first full season at Man U after taking on a dressing room of underperformers.

Gus stated before a ball was kicked that we would struggle, and he even advised CC to not start coaching until 2024. Somehow this fell on death ears with many of our fans thinking we are much further advanced than we actually are.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still Pays defensive grit was leftover from the Des Hasler systems
dessie always had us humming defensively. Attack wise we were a mess cause he persisted with desball but you can’t deny our line was steel.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Potter wouldn’t of helped bro
Said it time and time again everyone underestimated the loss of Jackson and Vaughan. Have dumb ***** on socials saying oh Barrett did better with a lesser squad... Not taking into account Baz had basically everyone Ciro has now except for Mahoney and Kikau who's been injured.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiks and Chrichton have had extensive experience with CC and both obviously think he is pretty good.

Both could have signed elsewhere on comparable money.

The coach is always the first in line to cop it from emotional fans who think they have a better grasp on the situation, despite no actual knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes. Same can be said for team selections.

I go back a long way and have heard it all before .... Anderson, Folkes, Moore, Des, Pay, Barrett, were all labeled as rubbish coaches for large parts of their careers.

There are many reasons why seasons derail .... it's not always about coaching. Something happened after our loss to The Roosters. I suspect that some hard truths were told and many of our mentally soft players have folded or spat the dummy. Many of these players will not be here next season. This applies to reserve grade as well. Add all the injuries to the mix and it is not surprising the season has spiraled downward.

Sir Alex Fergerson was almost sacked in his first full season at Man U after taking on a dressing room of underperformers.

Gus stated before a ball was kicked that we would struggle, and he even advised CC to not start coaching until 2024. Somehow this fell on death ears with many of our fans thinking we are much further advanced than we actually are.
It’s likely we paid overs to get em here. Ciro was just the cherry on top.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s likely we paid overs to get em here. Ciro was just the cherry on top.
They still would have had numerous options to be well paid elsewhere.

Neither player is at the stage of their careers to just be seeking a pay day.

Belief in our club and CC played a big role in my opinion.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dessie always had us humming defensively. Attack wise we were a mess cause he persisted with desball but you can’t deny our line was steel.
Desball
Suited that wrestling period but we didn’t have the halves for the attack minded game sadly. Josh Morris should have the most tries in the NRL but Reynolds and Hodkinson were shit.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only way Ciraldo doesn’t see out his term Is if he goes to Melbourne to replace Bellamy

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Rookie coach should never have been signed for 5 years in the first place. Unless things change next year I give him 2 to 3 total.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch all the CC knob gobblers all change their tune next year and say we should of signed Flanno.
I actually thought Flanno would have been a better option for us from the beginning but with all the baggage around the supplements scandal etc it seems he was never really considered

Not happy with how we are travelling with Ciro but I’m prepared to bash my head against the wall for another season and see what happens [emoji23]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I actually thought Flanno would have been a better option for us from the beginning but with all the baggage around the supplements scandal etc it seems he was never really considered

Not happy with how we are travelling with Ciro but I’m prepared to bash my head against the wall for another season and see what happens [emoji23]
I'm not saying Flanno is the man but he was a much better option for a club in a "rebuild".

He was desperate for the job, a 1 year contract filled with clauses in our favour would of been signed for peanuts.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For me it’s all on the coach. We already have a core group of quality NRL rep players in Burton, Mahoney, Thomson, Kikau, TPJ, Ado Car, along with a core group of up and coming promising young talented players like King, Sexton, Preston, Kiraz, Skelton, KO and others. It’s up to the coach to mould them into a well drilled cohesive unit. CC has failed to do this in his first year. Let’s hope he changes his approach and tactics for next year because whatever he’s doing is not working.
Hard to argue with that. Im not for sacking Ciro but the further the year roles Id expect to see something positive along the way to give me hope he is the right man for the job. Its a worry.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Potter wouldn’t of helped bro
All Potter did was let them play eyes up footy and was ok for the 3 or 4 games they won when the season was completely over.

Plus he has been in the box all year, he is part of the problem.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying Flanno is the man but he was a much better option for a club in a "rebuild".

He was desperate for the job, a 1 year contract filled with clauses in our favour would of been signed for peanuts.
Yep I agree. We needed a hard nosed coach who knows what it takes to win as well as discipline. Instead we go a rookie coach who still needs to build his brand as a head coach. I feel he’s treading too softly with the playing group and trying to fit in but I could be wrong. Players need to look in the mirror and be reminded they need to earn the jersey they wear. We’ve lost that and as fans it explains why we’re blowing up in every thread that gets created.

All I can say is I ‘ hope’ we do a lot better next year

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys think fitler would have done better or worse in 23 if mr holland got his man?? Lol