Why will the Eels make the 8 this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just wanted to hear some doggies fans thoughts on why parra will make the 8 this year?

And on another note, your honest thoughts on King Gutho, is he the new King, do you rate him? and would you take him at the dogs?

Go Parra!!

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because yous have a proper fullback, a proper half, a proper hooker. All things we don't have.
Haha i wasnt expecting to get a serious answer, nice one.
Well Kaysa Pritchards out for the season, weve only got Will aSmith in our stocks and a very average Cam King at hooker although Smith has been playing well when needed.

One thing weve got up our sleeves is two byes left, we havnt had one yet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I claim Gutho tbh. Said we should of signed him while he was still at Manly, now you ***** have him ffs. How Des didn't attempt to pinch him is fucking ridiculous.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But on a serious note I think it would be down to individual brilliance, if yous can get Gutho and Norman firing then you'll be in the eight comfortably. I feel like if you guys replace Radradra for 2018 with a quality winger + get the Moses and Norman combo to work then there is no reason why you guys can't challenge:

2018:

1. Gutherson
2. French
3. Takairangi
4. Jennings
5. ???
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Mannah
9. Pritchard
10. Evans
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown

14. Matagi
15. Scott
16. Vave
17. Edwards

Gagai would've been a good signing imo.

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely French won't be happy with being back on the wing though, send him this way.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well you guys won the 9s, and every team that has, won a premiership as well so you should at least make the 8. I'd have Gutho at the dogs, he'd be the first choice half easily.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How good is Gutho, wow

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Won't make the eight. Too inconsistent, with too many other good sides in comp. the top eight is almost final. Maybe spot eight still up for Grabs but I'd have Penrith and raiders over parra

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If you make the 8 you will be like us the last few years, just target practice for the top 4.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You make the 8 but you are no chance of winning.

You are missing that one superstar player who has finals experience.

Still... you guys are going to make it further than we are....

Malla

Reaction score
I claim Gutho tbh. Said we should of signed him while he was still at Manly, now you ***** have him ffs. How Des didn't attempt to pinch him is fucking ridiculous.
He would have turned into a piece of shit if he came to play under Des lol

Malla

Reaction score
Parra are like the reverse of us...they have excellent halves and backs but a terrible forward pack incl hooker.

They will make the 8 but will struggle heaps against the top teams because of their bad forwards.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Haha i wasnt expecting to get a serious answer, nice one.
Well Kaysa Pritchards out for the season, weve only got Will aSmith in our stocks and a very average Cam King at hooker although Smith has been playing well when needed.

One thing weve got up our sleeves is two byes left, we havnt had one yet.
People are underestimating Parra.

I think you guys have a very good side. Backline is insane now, halves have potential if Norman pulls his head in off the field, decent hooker (previously), and average forwards.

But apparently you guys are trying to get Peats back... and Will Smith goes okay in the "wiggy wiggy wild wild west".

No reason you guys can't challenge, and the only thing that'll stop a good crack at the Top8 will be if the NRL salary cap auditors come knocking again. That backline can't have come cheap, and with success comes serious contract boosts.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
gutho is on fire at the moment would love to have him here but des would just fuck him up with desball

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely French won't be happy with being back on the wing though, send him this way.
Lol. French is allegedly only 181cm and 83kg (i say allegedly because its from Wikipedia). I'm not going to deny he has skill and is a good player, but if we were happy with that we should've kept Corey Thompson.

Parra are like the reverse of us...they have excellent halves and backs but a terrible forward pack incl hooker.

They will make the 8 but will struggle heaps against the top teams because of their bad forwards.
Yeah agree here. I rate Parra's spine and their backline but their forward pack is shite. I rate Mau and Moeroa - that's it. Mannah and Scott are on a decline and the rest aren't worth mentioning. Two marquee forwards short of a premiership side I think.

Malla

Reaction score
Lol. French is allegedly only 181cm and 83kg (i say allegedly because its from Wikipedia). I'm not going to deny he has skill and is a good player, but if we were happy with that we should've kept Corey Thompson.

Yeah agree here. I rate Parra's spine and their backline but their forward pack is shite. I rate Mau and Moeroa - that's it. Mannah and Scott are on a decline and the rest aren't worth mentioning. Two marquee forwards short of a premiership side I think.
Parra should really push to bring over someone like James Graham for next season for a premiership push... next year will be a massive opportunity for them given that Storm will be without Cronk and Sharks will probably start their decline.

On Mau, I don't rate him at all this season and Moeroa should be so much better at this point in his career... shame Pritchard couldn't bring what he was brought over for. Just a fat plodder these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.