Why will the Eels make the 8 this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra should really push to bring over someone like James Graham for next season for a premiership push... next year will be a massive opportunity for them given that Storm will be without Cronk and Sharks will probably start their decline.

On Mau, I don't rate him at all this season and Moeroa should be so much better at this point in his career... shame Pritchard couldn't bring what he was brought over for. Just a fat plodder these days.
Yeh I'll admit that Mau had a better 2016. If they had Graham/Proctor/James or even take a punt on Dave Taylor (if Arthur can get him back to his SOO form), then have a Papalii or Frizell type in the second row, they'd be set.

I lol at what happened with Peats though. No way he's coming back - got screwed royally. He probably hates the club more than we do

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Pointless to make the 8, no chance to win comp

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Parra are gonna make the finals? Wow is it that time of the decade already?

So it was foretold long ago, that following an extended period of over-achievement in the 80s, Parra's spectacularly ordinary team would continue finding ways to limp, stagger and stutter into the finals at least once every ten or so years....only to prove to be eventual cannon fodder for the clubs that can actually play footy. :P

I take the piss, but yeah we do suck more than you guys right now. Enjoy!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pointless to make the 8, no chance to win comp
Maybe that's why Des has us playing just that little bit crapper this year. If nothing else, he is efficient! haha

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol. French is allegedly only 181cm and 83kg (i say allegedly because its from Wikipedia). I'm not going to deny he has skill and is a good player, but if we were happy with that we should've kept Corey Thompson.

Yeah agree here. I rate Parra's spine and their backline but their forward pack is shite. I rate Mau and Moeroa - that's it. Mannah and Scott are on a decline and the rest aren't worth mentioning. Two marquee forwards short of a premiership side I think.
lol have you seen French play, his 10 times the player Thompson was.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
lol have you seen French play, his 10 times the player Thompson was.
You're wrong there - he's 100 times the player that Thompson is. Fair dinkum all the little bloke would do is run if he got the ball. Was nothing in defence, too short for the high ball and just hung around on the end of passes to fall over the line like Turner did.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Just wanted to hear some doggies fans thoughts on why parra will make the 8 this year?

And on another note, your honest thoughts on King Gutho, is he the new King, do you rate him? and would you take him at the dogs?

Go Parra!!
Fuck Parra. Havent forgiven the filthy ***** for knocking out Patten in the 1st tackle and then Goodwin 2 mins later in the 2009 prelim.

Both knees to the back of the head!

Edit* forget about the best chicken wing tackle I have ever seen on Hannant late in the 1sr half which fucked his shoulder for good.

Never forget Rabs commentary at that moment " I'm not sure what I saw but you all saw it. Cameron Smith can tell you something about it".

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going to be a whole lot harder now that Scott is gone for the season.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, somehow parra have really managed to put a well balanced team together

They should be a top 8 side finally
But won't be top 4 and won't win the comp

You can mark my words

But enjoy the rise
They have a good team to build around for the future

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, somehow parra have really managed to put a well balanced team together

They should be a top 8 side finally
But won't be top 4 and won't win the comp

You can mark my words

But enjoy the rise
They have a good team to build around for the future
They could. I see saints dropping out so leaves 1 spot for Parra, Canberra & Warriors.

I think Canberra will claim it.

That will be good as I hate Parramatta with a white hot passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.