Why the Funk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
Guess what... It doesn't matter if I believe it or not (Same for you Costaki10)... I know what a survey is and it's only a sample of 4-9 thousand (Which is all they need to be 95% accurate BTW) BUT guess what... TV stations revenues are based on those surveys, costs of advertising are based on those surveys, business choose whether to advertise or not based on those surveys. Fact is for the people who matter most (Business) it's a stat that matters :grinning: OH and it even matters to the NRL hahahaha... Every year they release stats on "How strong" the games is based on those TV ratings.
please give me a full description on how they can tell what 22 million people in australia are watching from 4-9,000 boxes?

there is no way in the world anyone can know this from 4-9,000 boxes.

btw 75% of australians are gay because i asked 4 people and 3 said they were.

dont believe ratings and stats like this when they only ask a hand full of people.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
please give me a full description on how they can tell what 22 million people in australia are watching from 4-9,000 boxes?

dont believe ratings and stats like this when they only ask a hand full of people.
Ever studied statistics?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The stats, they speak for themselves.

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
• News Ltd owns Daily Telegraph.
• News Ltd also owns NewsMagazines.
• NewsMagazines produces "Donna Hay Magazine".
• "Donna Hay" was the judge who eliminated Chris (crowd fave) causing servers at MAsterchef forum to crash with peed off people.
• Poh is dating a production member on Materchef.
• Poh was asked to come back after not making it past the first audition.
• Poh could not win final
• First prize was $100,000 and a book deal containing (quote-unquote) "some of your ideas".
• Chris will not sell as many books as Julie.
• Chris had to go.
• Donna Hay ensured it.
• News Ltd are bombarding public sentiment with anti-Chris stories and over-compensating with ongoing attention.

Feeling duped yet ?

Reality TV is like laws and sausages isn't it ?
first 9/11 now masterchef. u lebs can make a conspiracy theory out of anything

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
• News Ltd owns Daily Telegraph.
• News Ltd also owns NewsMagazines.
• NewsMagazines produces "Donna Hay Magazine".
• "Donna Hay" was the judge who eliminated Chris (crowd fave) causing servers at MAsterchef forum to crash with peed off people.
• Poh is dating a production member on Materchef.
• Poh was asked to come back after not making it past the first audition.
• Poh could not win final
• First prize was $100,000 and a book deal containing (quote-unquote) "some of your ideas".
• Chris will not sell as many books as Julie.
• Chris had to go.
• Donna Hay ensured it.
• News Ltd are bombarding public sentiment with anti-Chris stories and over-compensating with ongoing attention.

Feeling duped yet ?

Reality TV is like laws and sausages isn't it ?
LMAO@all the knowledge you've gained from reading the forum :p

I couldn't stand the show. Channel 10 ruined a perfectly good show that's been running for at least 5 years in the UK. Channel 10 is the best at ruining shows and hiring the most annoying judges.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
LMAO@all the knowledge you've gained from reading the forum :p

I couldn't stand the show. Channel 10 ruined a perfectly good show that's been running for at least 5 years in the UK. Channel 10 is the best at ruining shows and hiring the most annoying judges.
It cost me a few hundred dollars in bandwidth and internet connections.
Maybe $2.50 in late charges at the library too !

Oh ... and I spent about 5 years digesting BB.
I loved it ... but it grew up to be very corrupt and morally bankrupt, so it had to die ..... and I was one who helped kill it !

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Thank your lucky stars.

I learnt how a relatively small looking sample can represent a whole lot larger population to a reasonable degree of accuracy amongst many many many other things that I do not want to revisit.

<shudders at compulsory statistics at university>

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score

I guess there are no maths professors in the Bulldogs Army...

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Great answer. . . .
Until you've studied it, what do you want me to say?

I'm not going to google it for you… It’s well known to academics that a sample size that small can be accurate for a population like Australia… How do you think they predict election results in the papers, you think they tell everyone over 18 who they prefer on a two party basis? Obviously some variables need to be taken into consideration which they all do for statistics like TV ratings and Elections IE how they take the sample (Example for the elections, not from a Liberal or Labor stronghold, it needs to be evenly spread). How do you think the RL contracts are worked out (Although the NRL have no idea on how to negotiate)? IF the NRL rates high (From those ratings that said 5 million households watched Masterchef) the contract will be higher as companies will pay more money to advertise during the Footy (Again the NRL have no idea, the AFL on the other hand have).

On the original topic… Whether you guys reckon Masterchef was front page material is irrelevant, obviously the majority of people do or the daily Telegraph and all Major newspaper around Australia would not have put that on the front page! The sun doesn’t shine out of the Kennel website’s arse (It does out of K E though hahahaha)…

BTW on your Gay theory, if you asked 6 or so thousand males spread out over Australia if they were gay then i'd believe your stats... Get cracking!

Last edited by a moderator:

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
No wonder the country has an obesity epedemic, all this gourmet being made on TV.
Those gourmet meals are a better alternative then Maccas and Fast Food.;)
But yeah i agree obesity is a big problem in Australia.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love them - Wish I could remember more from HS.

Frequency Histograms, Standard Deviations - all that juicy stuff :grinning:
OH God.

You just gave me a cold shiver reading that.

Standard deviation is a *****. Excel graphs will be my demise. We have to do them for Molecular biology and other numerous science units to organise data retrieved from experiements. MAKES ME CRY.

Don't know how anyone chooses a maths or statistics path in life. *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.