Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
5 Million households i should say (Including regionals)!!!! :p

Looks like you were in the minority! 5 Million households, say 3 per house... You do the maths!
So 15 million out of roughly 22 million Aussies watched it?

OK. As long as you believe that....

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
From MediaSpy.org

Five Capital City Figures (6pm-midnight)

ABC - 11.6%
Seven - 21.7%
Nine - 17.6%
Ten - 41.3%
SBS - 7.8%

Top Programs for the Night

1 : Masterchef Australia – The Winner Announced (Ten)
Total : 3,745,000
Syd : 1,003,000
Melb : 1,285,000
Qld : 620,000
SA : 385,000
WA : 453,000

2 : Masterchef Australia – Finale Night (Ten)
Total : 3,313,000
Syd : 870,000
Melb : 1,177,000
Bris : 559,000
SA : 326,000
WA : 382,000

Furthermore ....

Masterchef Finale - 7.30pm to 9pm : 3,288,000 total viewers. (1,732,000 were 18-49)
Masterchef Winner - Announced from 9pm-9.39pm : 3,717,000 total viewers. (2,042,000 were 18-49)

The Masterchef - Winner Announced program was the most watched non-sporting program since OzTAM ratings began in 2001.
Those are just capital cities... Add Regionals and the number is a lot higher.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
So 15 million out of roughly 22 million Aussies watched it?

OK. As long as you believe that....
Fact - More people watched it then any NRL or AFL GF... Then any other program (Except a tennis match and Rugby Union WC final in 2003, God what were peaple thinking watching Rugby Union lol). Shows that Reality TV in the form of Masterchef is a hit and here to stay for a few years atleast :grinning:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fact - More people watched it then any NRL or AFL GF... Then any other program (Except a tennis match and Rugby Union WC final in 2003, God what were peaple thinking watching Rugby Union lol). Shows that Reality TV in the form of Masterchef is a hit and here to stay for a few years atleast :grinning:
That's sad TBH. People find entertainment in some no name baking a cake better then some other no name.

"Reality" TV has ruined our society. EVERY "reality" show is fixed from day one. Tight ass networks hire no name wanna be celebrities to save money and people who are amused by someone baking a cake eat it up and ask for more.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Massive Cash-Cow !

Watch the sh*tfight for next series between Coles and Woolies for sponsorship rights !!!

Watch for the entry of SMS voting.

We know the "Book™" will be here before Xmas, but keep an eye out for DVD's of masterclasses and a range of kitchen related merchendise.

I fear it'll be as bad a Krusty-merchendise and "everything concievable" will be avaiable. Masterchef "Egg-rings" ... spatulas .... mixers, blenders, dicers, slicers, homogenisers, ice-cube trays, storage containers, crockery, silverware .....but wait .... there's more.

They'll throw in a free set of steak-knives too - You watch !

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
We ain't ever seeing the full picture.

Imagine whatever is left on the cutting floor.

Hence 'reality tv' is an oxymoron.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
Seriouly if anyone believes there rating are stupid. They get rating from 4000 set top boxes installed in 4000 homes across australia and do figures that way. So if you think 3.1 million people watch the final with data coming from only 4000 boxes than you need help

S

Snake Jailbird

Is it headline and front page news who won a fcking "reality" cooking show?

This may shock some people but I couldn't give a rats arse who can bake a better cake or who can make my over priced steak look the best. Just cook my food and fck off.

Poh. What kind of fcking sht name is that? Is her middle name "Go" and her last name "Stick"?

My day is now complete now that I know that some no name can bake a cake better than some other chick who I'd do.
who cares

S

Snake Jailbird

Fact? Do u have stats for this fact? Do u even know how television ratings work lol. Its impossible to prove what u just said

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't read what you said after "army."

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
That's sad TBH. People find entertainment in some no name baking a cake better then some other no name.

"Reality" TV has ruined our society. EVERY "reality" show is fixed from day one. Tight ass networks hire no name wanna be celebrities to save money and people who are amused by someone baking a cake eat it up and ask for more.
Who are you to say "It's sad"? The world doesn't revolve from your arse! People think it's sad to follow men in shorts bash each other on field, people think it's sad to be religious, people think it's sad not to be religious etc... Everyone to there own!

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Fact? Do u have stats for this fact? Do u even know how television ratings work lol. Its impossible to prove what u just said
Guess what... It doesn't matter if I believe it or not (Same for you Costaki10)... I know what a survey is and it's only a sample of 4-9 thousand (Which is all they need to be 95% accurate BTW) BUT guess what... TV stations revenues are based on those surveys, costs of advertising are based on those surveys, business choose whether to advertise or not based on those surveys. Fact is for the people who matter most (Business) it's a stat that matters :grinning: OH and it even matters to the NRL hahahaha... Every year they release stats on "How strong" the games is based on those TV ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.