Why the Bulldogs will finish either second last or bottom four this season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I
Can't have another season with this bloke on here
I suggested he be allowed to still create his non sensical threads, if people enjoy them, and want to reply or engage, but that he be locked out of game day threads, our players, club history etc. threads.

That way it's optional, whether posters get $hitted off with his trivia....if it annoys them ...then they get the option of choosing to view his threads, or not, if you are amused by them :grinning:

Just a thought... to keep an even keel.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A cautionary post.

I see alot of optimism here at the upcoming season 2021.
I feel the need to temper expectations a bit here.
I feel, like every year, you are getting carried away with your predictions for this year.
Last week I noted how most of you think we will finish around 8 and Wallah ya ad i couldnt help myself and need to give you here a dose of realism.

Firstly, lets look at what we have lost and seasons gone by.
Foran- our best player, if not injury prone, created all our chances and is among the top 5 halves in the league. We dumped him because we were too tight to offer the guy a decent contract. All we had to do is what Manly did and offer the guy a token 'club second year option' and he was ours.
Reimis- A class winger on his day and one of the fastest in the league.
Holland- Attacking genius that was messed around by Pay but could spark something from nothing.
Tolman- I truly cannot make my mind up about this guy, but he was stable.

Just on this, we have lost alot of talent. Right here. Remember, we were going very well last year and couldn't ice games purely due to our fitness.
Take note Kennel, it was'nt our coaching that made us failures last year, it was 100% our conditioning and fitness staff.
This can be verified in three ways, if you dont think my word is enough, which it is.
-A relative of Luke Thompson, a kennel member who i wont name out of respect to England, explicity told us that Luke was shocked at how bad our fitness was last season. I believe him. Do you?
-If not, why did the first thing our new Lebanese led administration do when takin control? They sacked the entire conditioning staff. Thats damning. This stuff NEVER gets past us lebs.
-Trent Barrett, on January 4th, told Hughes on radio he was disgusted at the fitness levels and whilst he avoided criticism, said 'he wont let it happen this year'.

We were ok if we didnt run out of puff.

Lets go back to recruitment and retention.

We lost some quality, but who did we gain?
This is what burns me.
Everyone says we recruited so well.

But did we yo?

Kyle Flanagan-
Can kick goals. Sure. Can he organise? maybe.
But lets look closely at his career.
Started at Cronulla under his Dad. When his dad LEFT, he was not prioritised and the Roosters picked him up cheap.
We all know what happened at the roosters. In unusual fashion, unlike the Roosters and their loyalty levels, they dumped him at seasons end as soon as they could!! Roosters dont do this. This was a red flag. They also had no replacement. They just wanted him gone. No matter what. They paid 1/3rd of his salary to us, thats how bad they wanted him out.
He also screwed up in the Cronulla trial so there has been nothing new I havent seen?
Despite that, I dont think he is terrible, but who was it that called him 'Cogger with a boot?'.

Nick Cotric-
Powerhouse and one of the best young players in the state....as a winger!
Nobody knows talent like Ricky Stuart, kets be honest, this coach is GANGSTA!! He has faith in his guys. He likes Nick. Offered him a contract.
Whst he didnt do, was play him in the centres despite his wishes after 2 players were injured.
Even last season they could have given him a centre spot, but they prefer Scott and the other dude.
If Ricky is hellbent on keeping him away from the centres, what does that say?
What it doesnt say is 'lets give him 650 a year to play a position he has never played before. Never played centre but has seasoned centre money.

*PS. I'm only two players in and already we are saying Ricky and Robinson are wrong but Lynne Anderson (presiding over these recruits) was right. Eeeek.

Jack Hetherington-
Another player paid to play with us.
A player who plays a position that his club desperately needed and has been begging us for a prop.
So cleary has said 'plz bro give us a prop but fuk not that guy'.
Great sign.
The problem is he has a bad rap with the judiciary and is only going to be a negative influence on Thompson who has a psycho himself.
Guys, its going to get ugly when they both feed into each others craziness and they start chewing the ear off a pkayer like Tyson mixed with a 28 weeks later zombie. One will hold a player down whilst the other starts chewing...its going to get real ugly.

Cody Allen-
Trust me, nobody is as big a fan as him than me. I knew everything about him before anyone else did.
But he is white hopoate.
We need speed at the back line and we have bought a turtle where we needed speed most. Will just not have much impact in the faster game.

Barrett-
A failed coach who quit because he didnt have chairs. Who knows how much he truly contributed to the panthers? To be honest he seems ok but the fact remains. We still havent plugged our key position of hooker, have weak halves and we are loaded with second rowers....one of which cannot even make the Mounties run on side`!!!! Yet we have like 2 centres on our books in the 30, and have neglected the position so much that our genuine star outside the 30, Aaron Schoupp, is thinking of leaving!!!

Guys,
We have success ahead of us, but that will be in 2022 when Fox, Burton, Staggs and a new forward joins us.
For now I recommend you jump on the Souths train, have two teams, its good for your mental heakth and they are in for a huge year this year. Trust me. If not them, choose someone else, it makes footy fun in finals time.

Mods, please make this post a sticky!
After watching the speed of last nights game, I agree with you. I think will be a better year, but the top teams will embarrass us. Once the fox and Burton’s on board different story.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top 8 because in a corrupt society only the strong survive.
Let the scoreboard do the talking.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to get another bag of popcorn...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Should have kept Foran?, who did absolutely no good for us, and we didn't make the 8 the whole time he was here. Wow. Sure he can play good footy, in blocks of 2 or 3 matches at a time until hes injured. The disruption when he got injured outweighed the good he did when playing. We need fulltime halves. I was glad to see his overpriced ass gone. Yeh he tried hard, but we need more than that.

Whats with the title, we will finish second last or bottom 4. Second last is in the bottom 4, could have just said bottom 4

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there is more ability, potential in the current team than the last three years hopefully the coaching training n game plans are better as well. However it is still not s strong squad, some weak areas, at least on paper relative to most other clubs atm. I'll still look forward to every game though.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A cautionary post.

I feel, like every year, you are getting carried away with your predictions for this year.
Last week I noted how most of you think we will finish around 8 and Wallah ya ad i couldnt help myself and need to give you here a dose of realism.

Foran- our best player, if not injury prone, created all our chances and is among the top 5 halves in the league. We dumped him because we were too tight to offer the guy a decent contract. All we had to do is what Manly did and offer the guy a token 'club second year option' and he was ours.
Holland- Attacking genius that was messed around by Pay but could spark something from nothing.

Just on this, we have lost alot of talent. Right here. Remember, we were going very well last year and couldn't ice games purely due to our fitness.
Take note Kennel, it was'nt our coaching that made us failures last year, it was 100% our conditioning and fitness staff.
This can be verified in three ways, if you dont think my word is enough, which it is.
-A relative of Luke Thompson, a kennel member who i wont name out of respect to England, explicity told us that Luke was shocked at how bad our fitness was last season. I believe him. Do you?
-If not, why did the first thing our new Lebanese led administration do when takin control? They sacked the entire conditioning staff. Thats damning. This stuff NEVER gets past us lebs.
-Trent Barrett, on January 4th, told Hughes on radio he was disgusted at the fitness levels and whilst he avoided criticism, said 'he wont let it happen this year'.

This is what burns me.

But did we yo?

Kyle Flanagan-
Started at Cronulla under his Dad. When his dad LEFT, he was not prioritised and the Roosters picked him up cheap.
We all know what happened at the roosters. In unusual fashion, unlike the Roosters and their loyalty levels, they dumped him at seasons end as soon as they could!! Roosters dont do this. This was a red flag. They also had no replacement. They just wanted him gone. No matter what. They paid 1/3rd of his salary to us, thats how bad they wanted him out.
He also screwed up in the Cronulla trial so there has been nothing new I havent seen?
Despite that, I dont think he is terrible, but who was it that called him 'Cogger with a boot?'.

Nick Cotric-
Nobody knows talent like Ricky Stuart, kets be honest, this coach is GANGSTA!! He has faith in his guys. He likes Nick. Offered him a contract.
Whst he didnt do, was play him in the centres despite his wishes after 2 players were injured.
Even last season they could have given him a centre spot, but they prefer Scott and the other dude.
What it doesnt say is 'lets give him 650 a year to play a position he has never played before. Never played centre but has seasoned centre money.

*PS. I'm only two players in and already we are saying Ricky and Robinson are wrong but Lynne Anderson (presiding over these recruits) was right. Eeeek.

Jack Hetherington-
A player who plays a position that his club desperately needed and has been begging us for a prop.
Great sign.
The problem is he has a bad rap with the judiciary and is only going to be a negative influence on Thompson who has a psycho himself.
Guys, its going to get ugly when they both feed into each others craziness and they start chewing the ear off a pkayer like Tyson mixed with a 28 weeks later zombie. One will hold a player down whilst the other starts chewing...its going to get real ugly.

Cody Allen-
Trust me, nobody is as big a fan as him than me. I knew everything about him before anyone else did.
But he is white hopoate.
We need speed at the back line and we have bought a turtle where we needed speed most. Will just not have much impact in the faster game.

Barrett-
A failed coach who quit because he didnt have chairs. Who knows how much he truly contributed to the panthers? To be honest he seems ok but the fact remains. We still havent plugged our key position of hooker, have weak halves and we are loaded with second rowers....one of which cannot even make the Mounties run on side`!!!! Yet we have like 2 centres on our books in the 30, and have neglected the position so much that our genuine star outside the 30, Aaron Schoupp, is thinking of leaving!!!

Guys,
We have success ahead of us, but that will be in 2022 when Fox, Burton, Staggs and a new forward joins us.
For now I recommend you jump on the Souths train, have two teams, its good for your mental heakth and they are in for a huge year this year. Trust me. If not them, choose someone else, it makes footy fun in finals time.

Go back into hibernation for good, YOU IDIOT. the only reasons we will finish bottom 4 are.
(1) injuries.
(2) referees and NRL cheating us out of games..
As far as our mental health is concerned, you should look at your own, but then you cant because yours is beyond repair

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hope you continue posting daily Nasheed. Reading comments from grown adults having a tantrum because they have a different point of view amuses and confuses me. Instead of watching the football, perhaps some of you might like to develop some life skills. I would imagine this is what it is like being a childcare employee. Some tools/skills which might be helpful if you are one of these wood ducks are meditation, CODA - a 12 step program, counselling. Cheers to developing some emotional intelligence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who let him back on here
If it's not him, it's Eagle or another of his alias'.

Seems to have outsmarted the Mods or else he is like our ol' mate Pepe la Poo... a harmless, yet annoying pest lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope you continue posting daily Nasheed. Reading comments from grown adults having a tantrum because they have a different point of view amuses and confuses me. Instead of watching the football, perhaps some of you might like to develop some life skills. I would imagine this is what it is like being a childcare employee. Some tools/skills which might be helpful if you are one of these wood ducks are meditation, CODA - a 12 step program, counselling. Cheers to developing some emotional intelligence.
Oh no, he has a cult following as well

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Or Oately Dog who suddenly became Twin Turbo, if they are not the same person then 100% they a soul mates :tearsofjoy:
There seems to be a lot on here who love to have fun with split personality handles lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Finish second last or bottom four" hahaha!!!! I'm hurting with laughter LMFAO.
Yeh and Storm will come 1st or top 4. lol

So which one is it? Second last or bottom four?

You see you can't even be confident within yourself to predict either one of them. Why? Because your assumptions and your critiques are baseless and not worthy to have you called a Bulldogs Fan.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I'm somewhat realistic in my expectations and know that while we could still finish in the bottom four I don't think we will. We've upgraded a couple of areas that we were lacking in last year.

Flanagan.
While I'm not ready to tout him as a future immortal, he has a kicking game with variation and is an organiser. If he's ablke to offer a variety of different kicks on tackle 5 we instantly become a bit less predictable in attack. I thought Cogger was our best general play kicker over the last few years, but he wasn't favoured by the coaching staff who seemed pretty happy to see low cross field bombs all year. Hopefully this year we have an attacking kicking game. Meaney at least will benefit from this as one of his strengths is in kick reception. DWZ has in the past been pretty decent with this if he stops seeing spiders on the ball. But Cotric should also be capable of kick reception in attack on DWZ's side.

Hetherington.
Bit of an each way bet with how his year will go. Brings aggression and other attributes. Doesn't seem like he's here to be a workhorse which the last few coaches including Hasler have favoured. I think the forwards in general will be a bit quicker and more likely to ball play when they see opportunity. If Jack inspires some aggression it won't hurt us. Hopefully the worst of his suspensions are behind him though.

Allen.
I know he's not the first choice for fullback for queensland, but the simple fact is that he's among their options. So despite him not having blistering pace, he's not a dud. I actually thought Meaney was developing nicely in his games at the back last year and he will be a decent backup if needed there this year. But Allen seems to offer a better passing game there and will hopefully create some chances if he plays to the best of his ability and has support play.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions about how we'll go. I personally think we'll be somewhere around 10th when the season ends if the squad stays reasonably healthy. I hope we come out firing and display enough throughout the year to sneak into the finals. But it's a long season and we don't really know what to expect yet. I prefer cautious optimism rather than outright pessimism. There will be time to stick my head in the oven if we haven't won a game by the halfway mark of the season. Until then I'll put pies in there on game day and probably a few scotch and cokes on game day.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A cautionary post.

This is what burns me.

But did we yo?

Kyle Flanagan-

Nick Cotric-

Jack Hetherington-
Great sign.

Cody Allen-
But he is white hopoate.

Barrett-

Guys,

You're on the Bulldogs fan website and you're asking them to support your team and the mods to make your post a sticky...you're setting a new level for stupid dude.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A cautionary post.

This is what burns me.

But did we yo?

Kyle Flanagan-

Nick Cotric-

Jack Hetherington-
Great sign.

Cody Allen-
But he is white hopoate.

Barrett-

Guys,

Your a goose we will easily make the top 8 go back to your burrow.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Hey brother,

Thankyou for the detailed post. I can see you have taken time to construct this post so thankyou.

I am unsure about a few points you make but majority I can see what you are aiming at. I won't try to argue you on the points I see unfit because I do understand you are always judged here on this forum just like I find myself at the moment.

Thanks again for the post and a different point of view on things.

Fyi I think we can make top 8 this year. Just my honest view.
HAHA this is the best comment. Nasheed responding to himself. Gold

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A cautionary post.

This is what burns me.

But did we yo?

Kyle Flanagan-

Nick Cotric-

Jack Hetherington-
Great sign.

Cody Allen-
But he is white hopoate.

Barrett-

Guys,

Bro how long did it take you to write this shit and that’s all it is nothing but shit

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for follow two teams bs what’s that about there is nothing but the Bulldogs it starts n ends with the Dogs