Why the Bulldogs had no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree they were better on the night, but I'm sure I heard Gould say the bunnies had more than 80% of the ball in the first half and they only lead by 6. I think all that tackling took it out of them and it showed in the end.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I liked the bell, it was a call to the old days. What I did not like was Glory Glory playing as they ran out. Isn't that a victory song it burns my ears. And 'who let the dogs out' is ridiculous and a laughable team song. Surely we have a traditional anthem ffs
It's not a victory song, it is their team song. I have no problem with them playing it when they run out. Like I said before if we wanted something done for us we could have organised it

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuk everyone
They were better then us coz we had no ennis. They had no luke but koirisau good replacement. Mbye did well but big shoes to fill in. Showed micks importance to our team
Thats garbage we still would have got pumped with Ennis we need flair and speed more then anything we need a Greg inglis or a j hayne.
Some teams have two or three of these players

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I had a chuckle when I read this thread.
Some of you guys must have watched a different game than what I saw last night. South won because they controlled the ball 21/21 sets in first half (if I remember correctly), missed only 4 tackles and as a consequence ended up with 57% of possession. We on the other hand, dropped ball, pushed passes and had nothing when it came to last tackle options.
Yes, it's a good story for the league but man up and admit we got bent over by a WAY better team on the night.

Congrats to the Bunnies. Well played and well deserved. We on the other hand got exactly what we deserved.
On a more disturbing note I am less than impressed with Browne leading with his head in the scrums trying to 'test' Sam Burgess' injury. Low dog act if that was the intent.
I agree regarding the Tim Browne incident, did not look good and was a dog act, I was inspired by SB performance and would trade him for 3 Tim Brownes if I could.

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ever heard a team's victory song played before the game starts? Or that crap about the bell being rung because Souths were in the Grand Final? I haven't..no team has been afforded so much bias and propaganda leading up to a Grand Final in recent memory.. Dogs had no chance!
Exactly! This isn't about South's not being the better team on the night duh!!
It is all the lead up BS to the game, like South's team song & bell ringing before a Major Grand Final Game [i've never heard or seen that done in any sport of a major competition where the promoters (NRL in this case) allowed such bias towards 1 team before kick off. Channel 9 commentators are disgraceful. It must have been Nines and the NRL's best scenario that it was the bulldogs against the wabbits, because the disrespect leading up and during the game they showed the dogs, no other club would have stood for it (especially the storm and broncos)

Congrats to the winners - The doggies will be back and better then ever

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. We should be more concerned our dumb ass fans would rather go watch the game at Belmore instead of supporting their team
I spent 2 nights ( 9 hours partying with doggies fanatics dancing cheering and cruising in loops around in belmore in my car I spent 3 hours decorating) to fire up the doggies supporters. I was there to soak in the atmosphereband add to it. I wore my supporters gear all week to / from and at work.

I tried...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree regarding the Tim Browne incident, did not look good and was a dog act, I was inspired by SB performance and would trade him for 3 Tim Brownes if I could.
I doubt he will be in our top 17 if at full strength.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Should Sam Burgess have been taken off for the blood bin rule?

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I don't think Browne deliberately headbutted because it would be a chance of screwing up his skull.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter who played Souths in GF it was always going to be all about them (except if the opponents were Roosters).

As much as I got angry with the commentating, angry with some blatant ref bias, we lost. We were simply not good enough to compete with their forward pack.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
They didn't let the hype get to them, they played well we didn't play that good end of story

I'm not going to congratulate them because the f them and the media

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree they were better on the night, but I'm sure I heard Gould say the bunnies had more than 80% of the ball in the first half and they only lead by 6. I think all that tackling took it out of them and it showed in the end.
That's true, sis - but who's fault was it that the Bunnies had so much ball? We gifted them possession. When we had a better share in the second half, we had them on the ropes; but gave them all the ball again at the end.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 2 penalties in a row in a game where the referee had swallowed his whistle for the Rabbitohs to have an 8 point lead was what made me finally realise we never had a chance last night.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Agreed. We should be more concerned our dumb ass fans would rather go watch the game at Belmore instead of supporting their team
You're one of the biggest dumbasses here mate.

But we all support the one club, so we shouldn't always be giving each other personal attacks.

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why?

If we lost cause someone rang a bell to help promote the game of Rugby League then we have major problems
Sorry, if you think pre match, grand final week psych games don't have a bearing on games you're not living in the real world.

That gf build up and the day itself was the most one eyed, bias rubbish I've ever seen in football. The only saving grace is they can't pull this crap again next year as the bandwagon won't pull the same crowd.

We had no 9, 6 & 7 were busted. Forwards were matched and the bounce went against us every time. Hold your head high and think 2015.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For anyone going on about the poor number of bulldog supporters at the game or being majorly out numbered by Souths, lets not forget they had a whole 24hrs to buy tickets after they won last friday night.

In saying that we lost to a better team who played for the whole game, we just didn't have anything in that last 10min to get us over the line.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For anyone going on about the poor number of bulldog supporters at the game or being majorly out numbered by Souths, lets not forget they had a whole 24hrs to buy tickets after they won last friday night.

In saying that we lost to a better team who played for the whole game, we just didn't have anything in that last 10min to get us over the line.
They were the favorites to win as well when the tickets went on sale back in august.

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't blame the NRL for promoting the Marketing giant in Souths and their history like the bell and such but I am pissed off that many Dogs fans couldn't get tickets. I know scores of Dogs fans that couldn't get tickets and it appeared last night that they outnumbered us 3 to 1. But all in all they out played us last night and were too determined.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I haven't read all the thread but some good points made. The GF is not about the teams that play it. Tickets are sold well in advance and are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.