Opinion Why should we care about Barretts/Panthers handshake deal?

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone read that telegraph article about georgalis wanting to stay on as assistant? Does it link any other coaches?
Personally i think a complete clean out coaching staff would be best. Get rid of all dead wood from past few years to avoid ild habbits and old ideas

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nah fuck em honestly. Panthers don't dictate to us, never have never will.
Out of spite Barret should bring over Burton, The hooker who's name I can't spell & just to show Ivan we mean business bring his son Nathen Cleary over as well.

A

Alexander the Great

you ***** are tripping if you think this nice guy ain't pulling strings already in the background.

He gave the thumbs up for Wakes and RFM.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day, if a player wants a payrise, a better opportunity, or a change of scenery, they will seek it out or get their manager to do so. So with this in mind I think its really just a P.R exercise when Cleary and Barrett publicly agree to this deal, so that Panthers fans don't lose any sleep worrying which players will want to leave.
Barrett will have a very good idea of what players are worth pursuing, whether it be from the panthers, manly, or any other club, and i fully expect him to pursue those players!!!!

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
His manager would be already doing the rounds. Penrith are in discussion to upgrade so he can use us as well

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
*spoilers if you haven't seen the movie*

Like the movie Any Given Sunday, TBaz should just be like Al Pachino at the end and announce he is coaching a new team and taken their reserve turn star QB (in this case Burton) with him as the starting QB (starting half) at said new club, straight out from under their noses.