why o why!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
someone should be very very very ashamed of themselves for letting issac luke go. from the sounds of it, he has a fantastic attitude eg. he wants to be an example for kids back home in ruff areas in NZ. honestly a player does not follow a recuitment manager from club to club unless its jamie useless lyon.
someone at the bulldogs ****ed up big time by letting luke go, I would rather him over sullivan any friggen day of the week, he has a FAR better defensive game allready then sullivan

issac luke is allready 10 times the player corey hughes has ever been. corey hughes is like useless scum scraped off the bottoms of someones shoe compared to issac luke

and the fact that he was small nuggety and very speedy with good D, how come it never occured to anyone at the club that he good be an awesome hooker. how many other players at the club could have been brought along in different postions?

it just ****s me that a club that used to do 10 out of 10 things right, now only gets about 5 right
Excellent post mate, yes he is long gone and hindsights a *****, but had he of stayed I really doubt he'd be even playing PL at this joint especially with folkes love children corey and perry.. Everyones blowing their loads that we signed sullivan but look who we had all along in this damned position.. Full credit to the souths coaching staff for atleast giving him a run, unlike that **** folkes.

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
i'm so sick of everyone whinging proclaiming they are talent scouts when anyone using hindsight can easily see who should and shouldnt have been let go.

Sometimes its not even a matter of that...the player chooses if he wants to go somewhere else and we cant do anything about it.
yeh but all this kid wanted was a shot at first grade if the dogs gave it to him he wouldnt have left souths gave him a go in first grade and that was what he needed to show his full potential

BigDOG2007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
last year in the jersey flegg Isaac Luke and Karl Mcnichol were the standout players in that team and im talking raw football talent and it was obvious to anybody that watched 10 mins of any flegg games last year.All that would have had to have been done was to elevate these guys into the top 25 fulltime first grade squad and they would have hung around for 2 years at least.There is nobody in this years flegg squad who is half as good as these guys so it is fair to say the dogs have lost their 2 best young players over the last 2 years.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
FMD who give a flying fcuk about Issac Luke!!! Get over it already....

Fender

Dogs Supporter (1984 - )
Reaction score
He had too many players in front of him, and decided he didn't want to wait any longer and went to a club with much less depth.

Get over it.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
last year in the jersey flegg Isaac Luke and Karl Mcnichol were the standout players in that team and im talking raw football talent and it was obvious to anybody that watched 10 mins of any flegg games last year.All that would have had to have been done was to elevate these guys into the top 25 fulltime first grade squad and they would have hung around for 2 years at least.There is nobody in this years flegg squad who is half as good as these guys so it is fair to say the dogs have lost their 2 best young players over the last 2 years.
wait a fe more weeks, Ben Barba mite b better than both put 2gether

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Becoming over-rated very quick.
Can we not make critical observations about the club from time-to-time without club "representitives" taking it personally and either attacking the messenger of rationalising the "mistake" by making remarks like this?

The thread is valid, and simply bemoans the fact that we let a real good one get away. And it is even more hurtful when he turns out to be a natural number 9, the very position we were so desperate to fill but a few months ago.

Fender

Dogs Supporter (1984 - )
Reaction score
Are people going to spew if Karl McNichol gets over his injury and goes well at the Sharks next year? He was signed for $200,000 a year and hasn't played a single game of first grade, whilst we struggle to re-sign our established first graders.

You can't keep them all, whether they are good or not.

Is anyone going to have a crack at James Aubusson getting away?

Let me rattle a couple of names off for you ...

Dean Loder
Glenn Hall
Don ****son
Dean Byrne

... all talked up as the next big thing and all failed after leaving the club. Every one of them looked as good as Luke did in the lower grades.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if luke wasnt getting the wraps he is no one would give two ****s.

BigDOG2007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if luke wasnt getting the wraps he is no one would give two ****s.
thats were you r wrong, people were filthy with dogs management last year after his manager asked the dogs for Luke to be promoted to the 1st grade squad for 2007 and was told no chance, so lots of people who watched flegg last year were very dirty.There were plenty of dogs fans putting wraps on him a long time before the media joined in.

BigDOG2007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wait a fe more weeks, Ben Barba mite b better than both put 2gether
i hope he is but the dogs need to promote him into the 1st grade top 25 for 2008 so he can train fulltime and improve and not re-sign someone like Holdsworth or Cutler for 2 more years and hold Barba up.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
i hope he is but the dogs need to promote him into the 1st grade top 25 for 2008 so he can train fulltime and improve and not re-sign someone like Holdsworth or Cutler for 2 more years and hold Barba up.
As much as I hate to say it, I agree with you..and Cutler might be on his way out already...

Status
Not open for further replies.