why o why!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
did any1 see issac luke v the cowboys??...was he one we let go?...he could have been a MASSIVE asset in the 9 next year..COULD HAVE??!!:( ...

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
i'm so sick of everyone whinging proclaiming they are talent scouts when anyone using hindsight can easily see who should and shouldnt have been let go.

Sometimes its not even a matter of that...the player chooses if he wants to go somewhere else and we cant do anything about it.

D

D0ggyStylz

I had been very excited at the prospect of luke coming into 1st grade for a few years. I was spewin when i heard that he signed elsewhere.

Naji

CBF
Reaction score
oh well sh!t happens... sullivan can be just as good imo with the right training.

D

D0ggyStylz

i'm so sick of everyone whinging proclaiming they are talent scouts when anyone using hindsight can easily see who should and shouldnt have been let go.

Sometimes its not even a matter of that...the player chooses if he wants to go somewhere else and we cant do anything about it.
True. apparently he followed hughes over there. He was the one who signed up up at the dogs in the first place.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
im not whingeing pal..just posting a thread...

KaTe Maari

player agent
Reaction score
the dragon fans must have been saying the same thing bout millard.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
while I agree I'm ****ty because we lost him, I think we've done well without him and it's apparent we won't be losing games without him in 08. We've got Sullivan now, with alot more experience than Luke and I'm sure we'll sign someone worthy for 09 to replace Hughes...

We've signed so many players this year that we have alot of depth all around the park. Stop *****ing

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
the only player im going to be spewing about if he leaves from now lol is Ben Barba, he has a future. Hopefully he trains hard cuz i reckon he can b better than thurston

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Becoming over-rated very quick.
i dont think so, this kid does have talent and is really a star. Watch him go, he left the dogs because souths gave him the opportunity 2 play 1st grade and a spot in the top 25, so i give him credit 4 doing that and making the decision.

He and Roy Asotasi are South Sydney, and without them they r nothing.

It is a big loss, but at the same time, it was better 4 his carrer and now we should just focus on Michael Sullivan because Issac is never coming back.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can't deny he carved right up though. And lately when souths have been won/been close to winning, Luke has produced some brilliance throughout the game..

If he can keep producing it week in week out is another question.. but he's been doing good so far for souths.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i it was better 4 his carrer and now we should just focus on Michael Sullivan because Issac is never coming back.
yeah with the way Jason Taylor is talking Souths will be re-signing him for at least three years.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Souths' new 'poster' boy

A player from the wrong side of the tracks who used to tackle goalposts to perfect his defensive technique is the next superstar of the game, according to South Sydney coach Jason Taylor.

Issac Luke, in only his seventh first grade game, destroyed the North Queensland Cowboys to spearhead Souths' invaluable 20-14 victory at Telstra Stadium on Sunday.

The lightweight rake, who weighs just 80kg, scored a crucial try midway through the second half and pulled off some mighty hits to stop much bigger men dead in their stride.

The former Bulldog, who arrived at Redfern this year without any genuine long-term prospects, is now being talked about as a possible New Zealand Test player.

And Taylor wasn't about to downplay the 20-year-old's ability.

"Issac - we need to keep his feet on the ground - but he's a superstar in my opinion," he enthused.

"He was the difference, at times, between the two teams."

Co-captain Roy Asotasi agreed with his coach's assessment of Luke, adding: "He's a superstar in the making. He gives us that go-forward, he's quick off the mark and that's what you need."

"Issac provides that for us."

Luke hails from the tough New Zealand town of Hawera on the west coast of south island and honed his skills by taking on wooden posts at a family friend's place.

He shyly told the media after Sunday's game: "My dad's mate had (some goalposts) and thought I'd have a go at it, see how I went."

"Sometimes I'd go through it."

He elaborated a little more when pressed on his rise to prominence with Souths - a rise which is likely to result in a new two-year deal.

"I was all over the show when I was with the Bulldogs and couldn't secure a spot," he explained.

"But (Souths recruitment officer) Mark (Hughes) believed I could have a go over here and I just got lucky."

"I love the team and hope they love me and we'll see how we go."

On his prospects of playing for the Kiwis in October's one-off Test against Australia, Luke said: "That's my dream ever since I was a kid. It'd be good."

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why we're talking about a Souths player in the Bulldogs section, but:

Keep in mind this is his first season in first grade. When he does this year-in-year-out, then he deserves all these BS raps he's getting now.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Good luck to him hes gone FFS move on & get over it
Sullivan will do the job next year then hopefully Flanagan/Sullivan combo in 09 to carvre it up
Were looking good for next year beyond

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Talk about envying your neighbours. The Bulldogs have THE best forward pack and people want to cry about letting a Hooker go who has potential?

WTF would people do had we lost Maitua, Mason, SBW, Ryan etc..?

I think there would be mass suicides in Belmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.