Opinion Why not put Lewis in the centres?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better as a lock too slow for center reminds me of Simon gillies

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Britts last two games have been terrible - missed a lot of tackles against St George - unless in the middle he appears to lack the lateral movement n speed to defend one on one. Lewis on the bench, at best, just to do as much defensive work as possible instead of Britt.
Britts first up contact is abysmal..like seriously bad.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Britts first up contact is abysmal..like seriously bad.
Britt went well in the trials and in the first game - but his last games have ben horrible - and show why he is a NSW Cup / bench forward at best - a depth signing? He cant defend wide of the ruck, may as well have another back on the bench who can defend.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Britt went well in the trials and in the first game - but his last games have ben horrible - and show why he is a NSW Cup / bench forward at best - a depth signing? He cant defend wide of the ruck, may as well have another back on the bench who can defend.
I originally didn't want this signing but came around to him after the trials...looks like I was right about him in the beginning and like you said he's reserve grade quality at best. I'm still scratching my head trying to work out how he got more minutea than To'omaga.

Maybe it's time we give Katoa an opportunity off the bench at hooker? I don't rate him in the slightest but he may give us a bit of spark from dh. JMK can also shift to lock for a period of time and give us a little more pace through the middle while handling the defensive duties better than most other options.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I originally didn't want this signing but came around to him after the trials...looks like I was right about him in the beginning and like you said he's reserve grade quality at best. I'm still scratching my head trying to work out how he got more minutea than To'omaga.

Maybe it's time we give Katoa an opportunity off the bench at hooker? I don't rate him in the slightest but he may give us a bit of spark from dh. JMK can also shift to lock for a period of time and give us a little more pace through the middle while handling the defensive duties better than most other options.
Will need a new centre when Reimis gets a weeks suspension also Holland out for a week with injury.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Will need a new centre when Reimis gets a weeks suspension also Holland out for a week with injury.
Harper? DWZ centre Crichton wing? Suprise debut to Topine but he probably still doesn't have a development contract and can't play lol. Yh we don't have many options...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad I wasn’t the only who noticed this. He is average at best. You can see why he was on the fringes at the storm and Souths. He will retain his spot because we won.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harper? DWZ centre Crichton wing? Suprise debut to Topine but he probably still doesn't have a development contract and can't play lol. Yh we don't have many options...
Tass could also be a option I guess. What are the chances of complete reshuffle with DWZ to fullback and Hoppa to centre with Crichton to wing.........

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tass could also be a option I guess. What are the chances of complete reshuffle with DWZ to fullback and Hoppa to centre with Crichton to wing.........
Surely he wouldn't lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland will be the easiest and cause the most disruptions this week at a guess. I’d go with Harper leaving Holland where he is.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here's another idea

Why not put lewis either on the bench, or better yet out of the team
Exactly. What makes him entitled that he must remain in the team . If there are better options then they should start ahead of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland will be the easiest and cause the most disruptions this week at a guess. I’d go with Harper leaving Holland where he is.
If Holland is out and Harper has signed at Manly I'd go with Tass. I don't see the point of giving Harper game time if he's gone next year.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Holland is out and Harper has signed at Manly I'd go with Tass. I don't see the point of giving Harper game time if he's gone next year.
100% agree. Just might be the wrong team to debut against. I did think of that but the Chooks is a tough ask.
In saying that why the fk not I guess haha

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just can't believe how bad the standards have dropped when a halfback is unable to do the most basic of the required skillset which is to pass the ball and link up with your outside backs. Even Kris Keating could pull it off.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely DWZ to centre and Crichton wing causes least interruptions.Wakeham to bench

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely DWZ to centre and Crichton wing causes least interruptions.Wakeham to bench
DWZ is so good on the wing and genuinely offers more to the team from there than anywhere else imo. Really hope we don't move him but I guess we might have to.

What about Schoupp? Is he even training the top squad at this stage? Honestly don't know much about him other than him supposedly being highly rated.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayyyy to slow!
I think his future will be somewhere in the forwards purely on the strength of his defence.