Why Keating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
look there is a huge difference between first and second grade. there is not many in the reserve grade team that would make the first team, hance why we are still in the market for 3 more players.
the problem is we have no impact players in the forwards, we desperately need Eastwood, and id go all out for Manu or Blair who can offer second phase play.
we also need another centre
Thanks captain obvious.

All i was doing was addressing the point that not all our back up players are useless

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone think that we signed Keating ages ago because we didn’t think we would get Trent Hodkinson because of manly and the extra money for the cap.
Then after we got Hodkinsonwe tried to not complete the deal with Keating but it was too late.??

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Listen.

1. Roberts won't accept a bench spot.
2. We have too many cap crucnhers e.g Warburton, Halatau.
3. Roberts IS NOT GOING TO CENTRE.

That is all.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Listen.

1. Roberts won't accept a bench spot.
2. We have too many cap crucnhers e.g Warburton, Halatau.
3. Roberts IS NOT GOING TO CENTRE.

That is all.

Cap crunchers? Please i high doubt waburton is on decent coin, Halatau prob came cheap too he would not have made the 17 @ the tigers this year.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cap crunchers? Please i high doubt waburton is on decent coin, Halatau prob came cheap too he would not have made the 17 @ the tigers this year.
You'd be surprised how much these duds take up in the cap...Yes they can be used as backups but...
a) They would want to be in the starting 13 and...
b) What are juniors for? There are a few whoI think are ready to make the leap.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how much these duds take up in the cap...Yes they can be used as backups but...
a) They would want to be in the starting 13 and...
b) What are juniors for? There are a few whoI think are ready to make the leap.
Juniors are exactly that they are kids, they are not first graders and alot will never become first graders just because they are there it does not mean that they will make it.

Dogmad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
roberts should def. get a start infront of keating. at least he didnt walk out on us in 08 and had a blinder last year. he might be hot and cold at times but hes a much better player than keating imo

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Juniors are exactly that they are kids, they are not first graders and alot will never become first graders just because they are there it does not mean that they will make it.
The whole point is to give them a go...If it wern't for Barba imagine where we would be right now with Green still at five-eight.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
our 20s side is decent and our reserve grade side is first.. we must have some decent back up at the club. They arent all duds. We just obviously aren't using the right players to fill the gaps
thats right

we have all this talent in the lower grades and moore only chooses these duds who have played fg before havent been performing in NSW cup and in FG

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our 20s side is decent and our reserve grade side is first.. we must have some decent back up at the club. They arent all duds. We just obviously aren't using the right players to fill the gaps
I didn't say they were ALL duds...just the ones I listed.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
My thoughts:

#1 - Barba
#6 - Keating
#7 - Hodkinson

#14 - Roberts (sub for Ennis - much better @ hooker than 5/8)
Agreed, or Roberts to be in the centres.

It's better to have more people competing for the halves positions than to have none at all.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go
1. Barba (defensive worry but has 1 more off season to work on it)
6. Roberts (need his experience & a better organiser than Keating IMO)
7. Hodkinson

14. Keating (covers hooker, halves, quick enough to do well in the outside backs and someone said he can play lock too)

I Prefer Roberts at 6 for his experience and ability to set players up. Keating seems to be more of a player who reacts to chances with his elusiveness and acceleration. He'll be in everything on his side of the field but needs someone to start it (eg a line break or offload). His junior halves pairing with Hodkinson may have been great but i'm not convinced he'll be massively effective in a side without lots of offloads. I'm going to sit on the fence and see what Moore decides. It's good to have extra halves options though and if Keatings on 140,000/season then hes not a highly priced one plus he's got utility value. Could be a dud signing or the low value recruit of the year. I hope he goes well for us in whatever role he's given.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mabe keating is our future number 9? Ennis has not extended his contract yet mabe the rumors are true.

MountyHood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Do we seriously need this oxygen thief??

He has deadset done **** all for the Parrascum, what makes us think he will be of any worth to us?

dogggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is good at Parra, wot games do u watch? (mountyhood)

Ennis will be gone after next year... heaps of rumours of him going to parra, hayne and ennis are good mates.

Ennis is too hotheaded... he gives penalties away at wrong times. we dont need him.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is good at Parra, wot games do u watch? (mountyhood)

Ennis will be gone after next year... heaps of rumours of him going to parra, hayne and ennis are good mates.

Ennis is too hotheaded... he gives penalties away at wrong times. we dont need him.
And u heard this where?

dogggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
its on differant blog sites, and i read a twitter thing. i googles it and it came up.

half of what u read is crap, i know, but also alot comes true...

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ennis loves the club, i would be suprised if he went anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.