Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously Why did we sign this guy?

We Have:
- Hodkinson
- Roberts
- Barba
- Seizer

I think signing him was a waste of money.

Lets say Braba does go to fullback and Roberts and Hodkinson in the halves i wouldnt mind Seizer as utility on the bench his been outstanding in Toyota Cup, Keating i think is too much and hasnt shown much with the Eels

What do you guys think?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My understanding was we got him fairly cheap and he offers us more versatility in the halves.

That in combination with his old school friend and junior playing buddy Hogkinson they have the possibility of forming a good combination.

Barba is poised to be the next fullback and Roberts is a mystery.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Roberts = left right out where he belongs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sezer does not belong anywhere near first grade..

BullDoggiez

DogsOfWar
Reaction score

We Have:
- Hodkinson
- Roberts
- Barba
- Seizer

Lets say Braba does go to fullback and Roberts and Hodkinson in the halves i wouldnt mind Seizer as utility on the bench his been outstanding in Toyota Cup, Keating i think is too much and hasnt shown much with the Eels

What do you guys think?
Kevvy has already said barba is most likey gonna slot into fullback, trent is halfback and well probably based on form who is 6 and who is utility because both roberts and keating can fill in alot of different postions.

BullDoggiez

DogsOfWar
Reaction score
seizer is still a baby when barba was in NYC he tore them to shreds, seizer not so much but could be a good player in the future he needs time to grow and mature

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Great utility player, could come in handy during origin time, wans't that expensive

Christian

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
keating will be used as a utility mainly and provides competition for places pretty healthy situation if we can get forward

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
keating will be used as a utility mainly and provides competition for places pretty healthy situation if we can get forward
Really ? I read previosuly that Moore hoped his combo with Hogkinson would lead the dogs in 2011.

Christian

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really ? I read previosuly that Moore hoped his combo with Hogkinson would lead the dogs in 2011.
I thought he said he's happy cos Keating can play a few positions,hooker etc and that it will create good competition for spots in the halves as far as i was aware he isn't thinking straight up combo with Hodko

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

We Have:
- Hodkinson
- Roberts
- Barba
- Seizer

What do you guys think?
horrible opinion IMHO :P

A) Sezer hasnt even played NSW Cup and you want him to go straight into first grade? He isnt on the same skill level of Barba when Barba was at his stage.

B) Roberts wont be starting at 5/8. Well he shouldnt be. We bought them both to play together as they have done it before.

C) I agree we didnt need to buy Keating, but since we have we might as well give him a go.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts:

#1 - Barba
#6 - Keating
#7 - Hodkinson

#14 - Roberts (sub for Ennis - much better @ hooker than 5/8)

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We Have:
- Hodkinson
- Roberts
- Barba
- Seizer

What do you guys think?
To be honest with you im not particularly excited about any of our signings except for Tolman, as for the other 2 ive been following both of them since news broke that we signed them & im not impressed with what ive seen so far. But im not going to start bagging them out just yet ill wait & see how they go in the first 6-8 rounds to make my judgment. Hopefully we have unlocked a lethal halves pairing with these 2, time will tell.

Dogmad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
didn't we sign green as a utility and to a lesser extent halatau?? kk a waste of money>:(

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We didn't buy Keating for nothing, especially considering he and Hodkinson shared a partnership in their youth. He will definietely start.

As much as I didn't want him either, we have to accept he is here now.

It's looking like this:

1. Barba

6. Keating
7. Hodkinson

Roberts - Who knows? Could move anywhere from Centre to Lock and even as a utility off the bench.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And Blocker mentioned last week that Hodgo has done nothing since he signed with us

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We didn't buy Keating for nothing, especially considering he and Hodkinson shared a partnership in their youth. He will definietely start.

As much as I didn't want him either, we have to accept he is here now.

It's looking like this:

1. Barba

6. Keating
7. Hodkinson

Roberts - Who knows? Could move anywhere from Centre to Lock and even as a utility off the bench.
I agree with you!... There here now so lets just wait & see how they go, who knows they might surprise alot of us. After all my expectations arnt to high but im hoping they form a good partnership because as individuals I havent been overly impressed.

What we really need is a good forward pack for them to work off.

Status
Not open for further replies.