why isn't MBYE lurking?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soo many times last night Woods, Klem and RFM had a loose hand and just offload the ball to another forward. Mbye needs to lurk around the ruck waiting for a loose ball and create something.

He went missing last. To be fair though I have no fuckin idea what are attacking game plan was. Soo painful to watch, i keep telling myself to not get too invested this year but i just cant help myself.

I keep telling myself it'll take at least 18months to see some result, but it still breaks my heart to see this football club turn to shit both on and off the field.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apart from great kick returns which have been nullified by a straight defensive line Mbye needs to learn so much more about being a fullback. Hopefully someone at the club is coaching this into him but unfortunately you can’t coach instinct.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer has thrown like 2 offloads in the last 2 seasons, no point lurking on him. Woods fights too long to get an offload away so a fullback struggles to run onto his passes most the time and either overshoots or undershoots. RFM should be followed like a hawk though (although JMoz and JMK are following him).

The issue is that Pay is using Mbye as another 5/8 in attack most the time, so he is stuck standing out wide while our forwards are offloading infield. This is an issue with the teams attacking structure moreso than Mbye at this point, even if he wanted to get that offload, he is too far away setting up for the next play or the final kick (most offloads occur on tackles 3 and 4). Once Mbye is allowed to play like a proper fullback in attack, we'll be able to judge his support play as a fullback (although he always had great support play back when he was next to T-Rex who would pop a fair few lazy offloads).

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not his job to be lurking waiting for the off load that comes while the prop is fighting to clear the ball. That's the job of the DH and lock and they are the blokes that typically get it. The FB's job is to be there for the short balls and set plays. He's around the ball all night in attack ready to go but if he looks for a hole to run into on one play he won't be there for the next one or two because he is out of position. So do you want him there in case Woods offloads or out wide in case RFM offloads or on the other side in case Jackson offloads. He can't be there for all of them. It will take him a full season to get the sense of which one to follow at which time. What would be nice is if we had enough fast players to follow all three and then it wouldn't be an issue. The Morris' generally are thereabouts for RFM but there's not enough speed if you add Hoppa and Montoya together on the right so that's where you will most likely find Mbye.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He ran for 239m. Doesnt have the fitness yet for fullback. It will come. He ran big metres on kick returns plus his been doing alot of general play kicking and goal kicking these extras also gas you out. If someone else can goal kick and do the general play kicking it not only help moses from gassing out it will also help Foran. SOS Aiden Sezer.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbyes best position is hooker and left centre.

imo for the betterment of our team Mbye should go to hooker and Hoppa to FB until we find a proven FB. Hoppa doesnt have speed but he does have vision and can ball play.

More value with Mbye at 9 and Hoppa at 1 than Lichaa at 9 and Mbye at 1

Lichaa is dead set below par for 1st grade footy

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbyes best position is hooker and left centre.

imo for the betterment of our team Mbye should go to hooker and Hoppa to FB until we find a proven FB. Hoppa doesnt have speed but he does have vision and can ball play.

More value with Mbye at 9 and Hoppa at 1 than Lichaa at 9 and Mbye at 1

Lichaa is dead set below par for 1st grade footy
Cant agree sorry. We would go backwards. Mbye is best suited to FB, just needs some more time. What we need is a 5/8 with strike/kicking and confidence so Foran can lead the team around. JMK is a good footballer but he isn’t the answer.
I’d throw JMK at Hooker.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To tired. Doesn’t have the fitness to play fullback just yet.
Spot on.... Players aren't as fat as the last few years but they don't have intensity. Lichaa is too slow and players are flat footed still

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because Pay.

Pay is making the role to difficult for a bloke that has absolutely no experience playing at fullback. Pay has Moses stuck playing both half and fullback instead of just focusing on him nailing the basics of the fullback role. His role is just over complicated at this stage because our current halves pairing aren't getting the job done. Moses shouldn't have so much kicking responsibility in general play, he shouldn't be stuck trying to organise our next play, he shouldn't be stuck coming in at hooker or 1st receiver, etc.

Pay needs to sort our halves pairing out asap so he can free Moses up and have him doing what we need him to do. Moses' role at fullback should be as simple as trailing the play and then quickly shifting to the edge for our sweep plays where we can get him into a some space and just let him run. Think back to his role on the edge in 2016, it was fullback like at times and if the bloke had the 1 on his back instead of the 7 then most people would have been extremely happy with his output.

At the end of the day nobody in the team is pushing up in support and our players look as clueless as the bloke up in the box atm. Pay really needs to get his shit sorted asap and realise what he actually wants to do. His dropping of Frawley after just 2 weeks was a disgraceful decision by Pay, the bloke spent all off season as his 6 yet he casually drops him for a bloke that doesn't even know where to position himself on the field ffs.

Also while we are talking about this can someone please explain to me why Pay thinks it's a good idea to play Moses at lock EVERY scrum? This is probably one of the most idiotic things i have seen in the NRL yet i haven't seen it mentioned on here? You would have to be a special kind of stupid to take your most elusive player out of play during an attacking scrum so Klemmer can take a fucking 1 out hitup. Just goes to show how much of a dud Pay really is...

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no need to lurk as woods has everything under control or at least he thinks he does

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cant agree sorry. We would go backwards. Mbye is best suited to FB, just needs some more time. What we need is a 5/8 with strike/kicking and confidence so Foran can lead the team around. JMK is a good footballer but he isn’t the answer.
I’d throw JMK at Hooker.
Mbye hasnt got the instinct of a 1 and he will never have it. His ball carry returns against a broken/scattered line are superb and dangerous, but to be honest teams arent going to present him a broken line.

It all starts from dummy half and Lichaa is terrible. Mbye has played hooker on multiple occassions and has been absolutely brilliant.

Mbye has every skill set required for a premier hooker. Defence, speed, kick (more than decent for a hooker), throws bullet passes left to right/right to left off the ground. You put Mbye at hooker and you will not find one weakness from him

Foran has passed his use by date. Noone can convince me his body will come good, blah, blah, blah.....once you suffer injury after injury you are never the same player you once was. The problem is that Foran aint worth his pay packet.

I dont understand how you think getting rid of Lichaa for Mbye at 9 is going "backwards"?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye hasnt got the instinct of a 1 and he will never have it. His ball carry returns against a broken/scattered line are superb and dangerous, but to be honest teams arent going to present him a broken line.

It all starts from dummy half and Lichaa is terrible. Mbye has played hooker on multiple occassions and has been absolutely brilliant.

Mbye has every skill set required for a premier hooker. Defence, speed, kick (more than decent for a hooker), throws bullet passes left to right/right to left off the ground. You put Mbye at hooker and you will not find one weakness from him

Foran has passed his use by date. Noone can convince me his body will come good, blah, blah, blah.....once you suffer injury after injury you are never the same player you once was. The problem is that Foran aint worth his pay packet.

I dont understand how you think getting rid of Lichaa for Mbye at 9 is going "backwards"?
Mbye would be a good 9 if he played like cook. That’s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.