Why is Trent Robinson allowed to criticise official

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a Chhoks supporter I see where some you guys are coming from. The only thing is he didn't do a Sticky or imply they were bent. But a punctured lung can be serious....can't think of when it last happened. All the officials were what blind, checking their Instagram, don't knoe the rules or just boneheads.

Because it wasn't put on report pronto we lost the right to have the 18th man. Not saying it would have changed the result.....we had way too many errors.

Should Trent be handed the the $10k fine, strictly yes. Except that he wasn't saying they weren't bent. But if get get fined I wont be complaining... well spent. Except those officials not just here but they should get a longer relegation because the leading with the knees was so obvious and the injusy so serious.
I don't want him to get a fine. I want Bulldogs coaches to be able to talk about; lopsided penalty counts, players from other clubs getting the sinbin for the same thing ours just was sent off for, etc.

For all of those things that, don't excuse our miserable team performances, but extinguish any hopes that the team might reduce their embarrassment by being allowed to compete

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got to say I was nervous about coming here as a Chook but I've found nothing but respect and polite responses by everyone. And I rreally like that I can share my tthoughts without being flamed. In the end we support different colours but you guys have a great site. Happy I came here,

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got to say I was nervous about coming here as a Chook but I've found nothing but respect and polite responses by everyone. And I rreally like that I can share my tthoughts without being flamed. In the end we support different colours but you guys have a great site. Happy I came here,
Just some advice, I probably wouldn't comment in the game day thread next time we play you guys and we're down 40 points:laughing:
We get pretty feral at times like rabid dogs sometimes turning on each other so a chook might not fair so well.
Its all just heat of the moment stuff.
Seriously speaking, I dont mind that there are other team supporters here. Offer different perspectives and a bit of friendly banter.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will turn on you in a blink of an eye. Lol

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking exactly the same thing. Imagine if Ricky Stuart had come out and said that, it would be have been a fine straight away
because all Ricky does is criticise refs , he rarely blames his team or himself
he will focus on one decision that didnt go his way ( and at end of the day if we are all being honest 99% of decisions are 50/50 because it’s how it’s looked at by the individual ) yet he conveniently forgets all the decisions gone his way or the tactics he has employed to break the rules.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just some advice, I probably wouldn't comment in the game day thread next time we play you guys and we're down 40 points:laughing:
We get pretty feral at times like rabid dogs sometimes turning on each other so a chook might not fair so well.
Its all just heat of the moment stuff.
Seriously speaking, I dont mind that there are other team supporters here. Offer different perspectives and a bit of friendly banter.
Reckon all supporters get feral at times ( Souths fans are always feral) but IF the Chooks get up against you guys I won't be giving you guys shit ( soft spot fot the dogs).
And it's kinda hard for all of us because we're all one eyed.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
because everything he said was fact,Brown should have been sent off. fucking scum act.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet another tackle on Tedesco where he is falling. The Parra player has to be suspended for the shoulder charge but would have hit him in the belly had he not fallen. He is endangering himself.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another tackle on Tedesco where he is falling. The Parra player has to be suspended for the shoulder charge but would have hit him in the belly had he not fallen. He is endangering himself.
100% footy was interesting , gallen called it like you said it and basically blamed teddy ... Fittler was arguing and his myain point was but he is the best player in the game and players need to adjust their tackling for him ... if we listen to Fittler ( who couldn’t beat a makeshift qld team ) we will be playing touch as we have to protect teddy

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The code has to protect players heads as we don't want to end up in a multi billion dollar law suit. Anyone remember Adam Ritson? We don't want more examples of what head highs do.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The code has to protect players heads as we don't want to end up in a multi billion dollar law suit. Anyone remember Adam Ritson? We don't want more examples of what head highs do.
The head knock to Ritson 'saved' his life as he had a cyst on the base of his brain.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's suffered numerous concussions over the years at the Tigers and Roosters because of this very reason.

His gangly, unorthodox running style is what makes him so effective in beating defenders, but it also leads to him taking a lot of shots to the head as he often sticks his head out and his head drops very low when he steps and stumbles.

He can't change his running style at this point of his career, and players have to be careful not to come in with swinging arms. But there's no doubt Teddy's running style plays a part in how many shots he takes..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The head knock to Ritson 'saved' his life as he had a cyst on the base of his brain.

My bad, I didn't realise they were unrelated, I thought was one was the cause of the other.

That said, the code still has a duty to protect players heads.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My bad, I didn't realise they were unrelated, I thought was one was the cause of the other.

That said, the code still has a duty to protect players heads.
Some of the media at the time stated it was related. The media were bullshiting back then. (I know this doesn't shock anyone)

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What was said has no relevance when it comes to what the rules are.

The question is: Did Trent Robinson question the integrity of the referee's? Answer: YES. He called the bunker and the referee "incompetent".

He has to be up for a fine - as this will set a dangerous precedent based on what Greenberg brought in to protect the refs. Which, is just bullshit. Nothing wrong with free speech, champion.

Side note - Bloody oath I agree with Robbo. They completely fudged this one up. Should have been a minimum 10 minutes in the bin...

Now having said all that - I would be happy for him to be fined, and Abdo whispers in his ear that nothing needs to be paid cause he was right. So basically - he gets what the kind of treatment that the Roosters would deem "The usual".

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just dont post an address or phone number!!! lol

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on Robison didn’t need to be fined bandwagon as had a point they put on report at the point of time when they did .. but from what was alluded to on nrl 360 and 100% footy , seems they got a phone call during half time (that was my take ).. buzz essentially said they had a call and on nine they said that polities was in a box next to Abdo...
so the late reporting was due to others involvement ... based off that he should be fined as putting 2 and 2 together his club got brown on put on report

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was said has no relevance when it comes to what the rules are.

The question is: Did Trent Robinson question the integrity of the referee's? Answer: YES. He called the bunker and the referee "incompetent".

He has to be up for a fine - as this will set a dangerous precedent based on what Greenberg brought in to protect the refs. Which, is just bullshit. Nothing wrong with free speech, champion.

Side note - Bloody oath I agree with Robbo. They completely fudged this one up. Should have been a minimum 10 minutes in the bin...

Now having said all that - I would be happy for him to be fined, and Abdo whispers in his ear that nothing needs to be paid cause he was right. So basically - he gets what the kind of treatment that the Roosters would deem "The usual".
Have to disagree. By calling them incompetent Robbo questioned their performance, not their integrity.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Told it how it was, matter of fact, how it should be done. .!!