Why is Tolman on the bench?

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather him not be in the team, but if he has to, he should be starting. The defence in the middle at the start hasn’t been great without him.

Once the game slows down a little, Ogden should replace Tolman and provide some impact.

If Tolman isn’t starting, he should be replaced with To’omaga, who actually provides impact from the bench.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is useless anywhere in the 17, he gets dominated with the ball in hand. Never makes big metres on the carry and always gets put on his back. Then in defence he concedes mass post contact metres. IMO the least desirable regular Nrl forward going around.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is useless anywhere in the 17, he gets dominated with the ball in hand. Never makes big metres on the carry and always gets put on his back. Then in defence he concedes mass post contact metres. IMO the least desirable regular Nrl forward going around.
The sad thing is that the only competition he has for being the least desirable forward in the NRL is Napa. We are blessed with both these flops

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa shouldn't even be in the 17. I can't believe he plays 60 minutes every week. He'd be lucky to play FG for any other club.

Tolman should be rested and if he does play, I agree he offers nothing off the bench and should play no more than 30-40 minutes either way.

We need to develop Ogden, Renouf, Doorey, Topine etc and give them as many minutes as they can handle.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he is resigned for next yr where in big trouble

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't really make any sense to me. Its not as if a tiring opposition is going to be shaking in their boots when he is warming up to take the field...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bench or out of the team. Ogden was good today, 145m/15 runs, compared to Tolmans 100m/15 runs.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is resigned for next yr where in big trouble
Tolman should start the game but told not to go anywhere near the ball after the second tackle, today he got in the way of Foran who managed to turn away from him and get it away out wide for the try but Tolman all most cost us that try, then he called for the ball from JMK who should have scored the try himself almost costing us another try, even the commentators are laughing and making jokes about him, he is a laughing stock & I can not see him still being in the team when Barrett takes over.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: love hate here. When we are winning he is a good but when we lose it’s his fault. That is all

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should not be in team full stop...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Doesn't really make any sense to me. Its not as if a tiring opposition is going to be shaking in their boots when he is warming up to take the field...
Maybe that's it? Maybe he lives in bizarro world where there are no games - only 80min training runs?

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I’d rather him not be in the team, but if he has to, he should be starting. The defence in the middle at the start hasn’t been great without him.

Once the game slows down a little, Ogden should replace Tolman and provide some impact.

If Tolman isn’t starting, he should be replaced with To’omaga, who actually provides impact from the bench.
Mr Ditkovich......you know as well as I do that he was brought on because the mid-field defence was a shambles in that period from 10 mins to 25 mis in the first half. I doubt that SG was thinking of bringing him on so early, but had little option. Unfortunately, he stifles the attack....not that it needs stifling as it is pretty ordinary to start with. At least good old Aiden is a trier (something that some of our other forwards cannot be accused of)

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Ditkovich......you know as well as I do that he was brought on because the mid-field defence was a shambles in that period from 10 mins to 25 mis in the first half. I doubt that SG was thinking of bringing him on so early, but had little option. Unfortunately, he stifles the attack....not that it needs stifling as it is pretty ordinary to start with. At least good old Aiden is a trier (something that some of our other forwards cannot be accused of)
I know why he was brought on that early, and that’s the point I was making.

He should be starting in order to tighten up the mid-field defence in the early stages of the game, and Ogden comes on once it’s slowed down.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think people are massively exaggerating Tolmans defensive value .. he does not contribute to stopping opposition forward momentum.. he gets monstered in attack and defence.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think people are massively exaggerating Tolmans defensive value .. he does not contribute to stopping opposition forward momentum.. he gets monstered in attack and defence.
Yep. He gets so many tackles cause opposition players run at him cause they know he won't hit hard. He is what they call a marshmallow.

Reactions: GDR