No Source Why is Manu not Re-Signed?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's going on at the Chooks? They have not re-signed Manu, he's been on the market since 1st November, his contract expires at the end of next season. Most unlike the Chooks, they usually sign wanted players up well before they go on the market. Is it that they don't want him? Won't pay his asking price? Or is there something secret squirrel going on?

Are the Chooks waiting to see how Tedesco goes in the preseason and early next year, so they can flick him at season's end and give the fullback role to Manu? He's on around $800k (like the other elite centres), a move to fullback would mean a substantial increase in contract $'s.

The overall silence is deafening, why haven't other clubs approached him? Where's the speculation about where he is going. or staying? The Dragons made a 4 year ~$5m offer over a month ago and since then, nothing, radio silence. We are always linked with players off contract, how come no "Bulldogs chasing Manu" media headlines (even if, like many others, it's bullshit)?

Conspiracy theory warning.
Manu's agent is Peter Brown who is based in Auckland, is there some swap deal for 2025 with Manu going to the Warriors and AFB to the Chooks? JWH is off contract at season's end 2024, and likely to retire, AFB would make a quality logical replacement. The Warriors want a swap deal, Manu for AFB is a pretty decent trade, better than most clubs could offer. CNK is the incumbent and he has a contract to 2025, but isn't on big $'s. AFB is on $1m so not a big deal Salary Cap wise to cover any additional for Manu.

It's the total lack of media speculation that interests me, any other player of that calibre a free agent and the media would be all over it. Something smells.

Always a Bulldog
The Warriors have signed RTS and he would play fullback if they weren’t happy with CNK. Signing Manu would have too much invested in the bavks IMO and this really should have no legs.
If I was Manu’s agent I would see what developments go on about the 18th team and just sign a 1 year extension if necessary. Manu would be the perfect face of a new franchise and that makes more sense than him going to the Warriors

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The perfect way to make extra $$
100% so I gave it to woollies what I think about paper bags. I grabbed two large Tubs of yoghurt and a 2 ltr milk. I purposely tore the paper bag as I left the self serve checkout, the bag obviously split as i picked it up and I am not kidding everything in the bag exploded on the floor shutting down the self serve checkouts. Well all of a sudden people pissed out laughing and someone screamed "that's what you get woollies for your shit paper bags" lol. They had to open all their checkouts and staff came running. My contribution was I kept people in a job to serve lol

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% so I gave it to woollies what I think about paper bags. I grabbed two large Tubs of yoghurt and a 2 ltr milk. I purposely tore the paper bag as I left the self serve checkout, the bag obviously split as i picked it up and I am not kidding everything in the bag exploded on the floor shutting down the self serve checkouts. Well all of a sudden people pissed out laughing and someone screamed "that's what you get woollies for your shit paper bags" lol. They had to open all their checkouts and staff came running. My contribution was I kept people in a job to serve lol
You contributed nothing but make a shit day for people who weren’t part of the decision to get those bags in place

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's going on at the Chooks? They have not re-signed Manu, he's been on the market since 1st November, his contract expires at the end of next season. Most unlike the Chooks, they usually sign wanted players up well before they go on the market. Is it that they don't want him? Won't pay his asking price? Or is there something secret squirrel going on?

Are the Chooks waiting to see how Tedesco goes in the preseason and early next year, so they can flick him at season's end and give the fullback role to Manu? He's on around $800k (like the other elite centres), a move to fullback would mean a substantial increase in contract $'s.

The overall silence is deafening, why haven't other clubs approached him? Where's the speculation about where he is going. or staying? The Dragons made a 4 year ~$5m offer over a month ago and since then, nothing, radio silence. We are always linked with players off contract, how come no "Bulldogs chasing Manu" media headlines (even if, like many others, it's bullshit)?

Manu's agent is Peter Brown who is based in Auckland, is there some swap deal for 2025 with Manu going to the Warriors and AFB to the Chooks? JWH is off contract at season's end 2024, and likely to retire, AFB would make a quality logical replacement. The Warriors want a swap deal, Manu for AFB is a pretty decent trade, better than most clubs could offer. CNK is the incumbent and he has a contract to 2025, but isn't on big $'s. AFB is on $1m so not a big deal Salary Cap wise to cover any additional for Manu.

It's the total lack of media speculation that interests me, any other player of that calibre a free agent and the media would be all over it. Something smells.

Always a Bulldog
Roosters don’t trade their quality players - this will not happen (Manu Trade) yet if they were able to sign on AFB with their already stacked team, this I can see (but can’t accept as legitimate)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That part is good :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters don’t trade their quality players - this will not happen (Manu Trade) yet if they were able to sign on AFB with their already stacked team, this I can see (but can’t accept as legitimate)
My question was why haven’t the Chooks signed Manu? The sombrero is big enough, so what’s the reason?

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt he's going anywhere. They'll find another spare Maybach and penthouse in Monaco to help re-sign him...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My question was why haven’t the Chooks signed Manu? The sombrero is big enough, so what’s the reason?

Always a Bulldog
There’s a few contracts late to the table this year, who knows why but I’d be surprised if Manu is not in their plans long term - he’s super elite and these guys don’t release quality players unless there’s an even better one available.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
They might be preparing to do a latrell on him. Uncle Nick doesn’t take kindly to players wanting to test their value on the open market. As many have said they do their business behind closed doors and lockup their stars before anyone can get to them.

.. unless the deal has been done but just not announced

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now the Roosters have signed Mark Nawaqanitawase from Rugby and will be given cap relief from the NRL to do it.

This is after they've signed Leniu, Dom Young and upgraded Butcher, Sitili and a bunch of others.. Who needs a Salary Cap when you can go $4 million over every season?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I was a little suspicious when they publicly said they weren't interested in AFB, made me think the bastards probably are.The concern for me,is they swap May for AFB and we get neither

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now the Roosters have signed Mark Nawaqanitawase from Rugby and will be given cap relief from the NRL to do it.

This is after they've signed Leniu, Dom Young and upgraded Butcher, Sitili and a bunch of others.. Who needs a Salary Cap when you can go $4 million over every season?
The one single thing I like about how the Roosters do business is it’s Bullfrog-like…. Rugby takes one of their good players, Roosters Rugby League takes Australian Rugby Unions best.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

No way the nrl are giving cap relief. The only way that shit will ever work is if the nrl sign players and they sign smaller contracts with clubs. That’s to every player, the nrl can’t just bring that shit in the clubs have to approval everything as they are a partner. Can you imagine Souths approving the roosters cap relief to sign a rah rah after JS. The nrl is the worst run professional sport. They are 10yrs behind. There is no shortage of players in aus the nrl just has to provide a competition for them to steal them off rugby that is broke. A national reserve grade comp with a decent cap to rival the nrl is needed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No way the nrl are giving cap relief. The only way that shit will ever work is if the nrl sign players and they sign smaller contracts with clubs. That’s to every player, the nrl can’t just bring that shit in the clubs have to approval everything as they are a partner. Can you imagine Souths approving the roosters cap relief to sign a rah rah after JS. The nrl is the worst run professional sport. They are 10yrs behind. There is no shortage of players in aus the nrl just has to provide a competition for them to steal them off rugby that is broke. A national reserve grade comp with a decent cap to rival the nrl is needed.
Further to that, I'd argue that if they are giving cap relief to sign Rugby players (which they have in this instance) then the bottom teams should get priority first and they should go reverse order in the ladder to help distribute talent across the clubs.

They can't just help the rich/strong clubs get stronger by giving them more talent and cap relief that they don't need while clubs like the Tigers, Saints etc have to overpay average players just to reach the 97% minimum cap spend that is required.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonderful to see the new Roosters Rugby recruit has agreed to the Roosters miserly code of accepting $300k less than the Rugby Union offer.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Further to that, I'd argue that if they are giving cap relief to sign Rugby players (which they have in this instance) then the bottom teams should get priority first and they should go reverse order in the ladder to help distribute talent across the clubs.

They can't just help the rich/strong clubs get stronger by giving them more talent and cap relief that they don't need while clubs like the Tigers, Saints etc have to overpay average players just to reach the 97% minimum cap spend that is required.
Agree sign over from rugby and help the weaker teams. I don’t roosters got help here mate. Abdo said it’s a thought for the future but they have talked about this shit for years and every time it’s back to why have a fucking cap if you are allowed to break it. It’s already getting done with tpa’s. The competition is already favourable to the bigger clubs with Brisbane free to air every week, we get the shit time slot on tv etc

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree sign over from rugby and help the weaker teams. I don’t roosters got help here mate. Abdo said it’s a thought for the future but they have talked about this shit for years and every time it’s back to why have a fucking cap if you are allowed to break it. It’s already getting done with tpa’s. The competition is already favourable to the bigger clubs with Brisbane free to air every week, we get the shit time slot on tv etc
We'll see if they get cap relief for this signing or not. The media are making it seem like they will but then again the media get it wrong all of the time..