Why is Barba so hard to tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gladiator.

Read your question again you answered them already.

Pound for pound best fullback.

His speed footwork and ability to create opportunities from nothing makes his exciting to watch
easily the strongest in the club (pound for pound)
Thanks guys we didn't hear Rabs & Gould on Friday night.

Barba isn't as small as everyone makes him out to be 177cm maybe a little more and has a fair bit of size on him. He is about the same size as Billy Slater.

G

Gladiator.

From what I've read on the player profiles, Barba around 177, Slater at 178, I don't know what Barba weighs in at now, but Slater is around the 87kg mark

P

Paint.

Pretty sure Barba's around 90kg.
Also interesting to see that Gallen's listed as 180cm... he's definitely shorter than that.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
X factor, we don't know exactly what it is but he has the ability to read the play and put his foot down, little man on big man he always wins, Dally M coming right up.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As the question asks, what is it specifically that makes him so freakish? Fookwork, speed and a great fend no doubt but sometimes you just can't explain to yourself how he does these things every week. ????
If you find out, don't tell the other NRL teams, let's be thankful he is in blue and white

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
barba is becoming the complete footballer, they have an aura about them, they have the uncanny ability to make breaks, save trys, be in the right spot at the right time, the reasons they cant tackle him is easy.

when barba makes a break for it, he is so good even the opposition players stop and watch how good he is, and forget to tackle him

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They say pound for pound he is the strongest player in the side. Strength = power = speed, in saying this - that explains his ability to explode from a standing still point to his maximum speed with in meters which not many people can do.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is obvious that he has speed, side steps, acceleration, imagination which define him as a player.

His biggest quality is he is always willing to back his own ability, take a chance & never say die attitude.

That try with Josh from his own goal line in Mackay is an example of this. Only elite players such as Slater can accomplish this.

Now opposition teams fear him!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Does anyone think "pound for pound" he's the strongest ?

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I like about him is he has lived up to and exceeded the hype around him from the last couple of years.
Also like the fact he does something exceptional every game and that he still has his best footy in front of him!

the next few years are going to be good times to be a Bulldogs fan!

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
I think it's because he is the strongest player at the Bulldogs(pound for pound).

You hear it here first.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They say pound for pound he is the strongest player in the side. Strength = power = speed, in saying this - that explains his ability to explode from a standing still point to his maximum speed with in meters which not many people can do.
There are other reasons such as skill, footwork and the rest of it that he has loads of also, combine all this with his explosive power off the mark and the ability to change direction in an instant and you have Ben Barba, im pretty sure he's only just under 90kg and pretty lean so at his height there will be plenty of power there.

P

Paint.

There are other reasons such as skill, footwork and the rest of it that he has loads of also, combine all this with his explosive power off the mark and the ability to change direction in an instant and you have Ben Barba, im pretty sure he's only just under 90kg and pretty lean so at his height there will be plenty of power there.
Yeah, he's really fast and agile, but he's also pound for pound the strongest in the club. Amazing, right?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Thanks guys we didn't hear Rabs & Gould on Friday night.

Barba isn't as small as everyone makes him out to be 177cm maybe a little more and has a fair bit of size on him. He is about the same size as Billy Slater.
tbh i didnt hear rabs or gus. I was at work and it was on mute. Just saying it from what I've seen.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Natural athleticism. Speed, strength, vision and BALANCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.