Why Foran either needs to improve, or be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Medically retire Foran so he gets his money AND the money is not included on the cap.

Sign Mason Lino and offer Foran a mentoring position for our young halves coming through.
No can do as we knew about his condition when we signed him.

Lino is made to look better with a quality halves partner alongside him.

If our other half lent a hand sometime Foran would be far better off.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is a dominant half. But even I will admit I think he is physically finished. At the start of the season I said he is needed not cause of his physical properties but his brain and game management. With time, I have come to see, his physical side is so terrible. I underestimated how bad his physical state is.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Brad Arthur and Des Hasler related?

They have too much in common with offloading scraps like Hopoate, Foran and Tony Williams

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was pretty much a stop gap/quick fix I reckon.. even though he signed for a few years. Don’t think he can help us reach our full potential like many we have!!

Have to see how it all pans out an if he comes right ! That will give you the answer you require :grinning:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
No can do as we knew about his condition when we signed him.

Lino is made to look better with a quality halves partner alongside him.

If our other half lent a hand sometime Foran would be far better off.
So did Parra with Watmough.

Every half looks better when they play alongside Blake Green. Lino appears to be the best young prospective half that is stuck behind an established longterm combination. Also kicks goals and shits on Cogger atm

Agreed

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He will be great for the club in the long run by teaching the young halves. Remember he only has two more years then he is free to go. I believe he may look to retire and move into a coaching role around that time. Better off releasing almost any other player, we simply don't have any player that can replace him currently
Agree with you there bud would of been the same as Cronk if we signed him even though Cronk is in a lot better shape. But we all know Hasler had a lot to do with his signing. We really need to get rid of all the other deadwood i.e 4-6 of the 14 rostered forwards to make way for quality signings one who can be a successor to Foran and others especially in the backs and hooker positions to bring back the premiership winning bulldogs. Don't see it happening though, all I've seen and heard is useless talk and non action from the club

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran playing like him and Eddie have had a big plunge on the eels.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran tries hard, he really does, but his body isnt right yet. Has to be hard recovering while playing every week. Hes stiff like hes broken a bit. And that stiffness and lack of agility causes him to also make too many errors. Hes not a million dollar player in any match this year yet. He has excuses, but its not money well spent imo.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look if he was on 250-300 even bloody 500 I’d give him a break but when you demand big money you need to live up to your pay packet like any job... his stupid drop balls and kick out on the full at the end etc goes to show he has lost it. His confidence with his body is shot and his slow as a snail. He also looks very unfit hence why he disappears back end of the games. We win against a last placed team. But he played next to no contribution to that win atall

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
LOL I love how everyone is turning on Foran at the moment, whilst completely overlooking how much better our attack is this season.

Three reasons for why we don't look better:
1. Failing to convert opportunities into points due to errors and dropped balls when a try is definitely on.
2. Foran is playing both #6 and #7 at the moment.
3. Other players aren't backing up when he creates opportunities.

If you counted the number of bombed tries and chances so far this year it'd be huge.
Mate couldn't agree more, this thread just proves that there to many kids staying awake, or to many people on drugs as in meth and halusanating during the game.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he tries to hard and keeps fucking up. Not sure why he’s still in the team if he wasn’t on shit load of money he’d be dropped like frawley was

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL I love how everyone is turning on Foran at the moment, whilst completely overlooking how much better our attack is this season.

Three reasons for why we don't look better:
1. Failing to convert opportunities into points due to errors and dropped balls when a try is definitely on.
2. Foran is playing both #6 and #7 at the moment.
3. Other players aren't backing up when he creates opportunities.

If you counted the number of bombed tries and chances so far this year it'd be huge.
1. Foran made half the errors tonight.
2. Foran isn't even playing at half most the game. Mbye is playing 1, 6 and 7.
3. The reason the fullback isn't backing up is because he has to cover for Foran and play in the line as a half.

You even posted the stat earlier that we had scored more points going into this round last season.

We also had 5 wins as opposed to 2.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have not seen Foz play this badly for consecutive games ever! He’s definitely in a rut

Imagine when he fires finally

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Foran made half the errors tonight.
I legit just fact checked my own throwaway statement.

Foran 4 Errors
Bulldogs 8 Errors.

EDIT:

Just going through his stats. Only person to miss more than 3 tackles was Frawley, Foran missed 3.

Foran has our slowest average play the ball speed. Half of his runs at least were on the 4th, so when we needed our quickest play the ball, we got our slowest.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Of course the big issue with Foran is it would cost us an arm and leg to release him anyway, we just have to live in hope he comes good enough for us to win more games. But i do not see him finding his old self ever. His body just cant do it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
it doesnt matter, he has a contract with us and will stick to his guns. He is in our plans andwe should ake it happen

Tonight, we turned when Holland came on, as per usual.

His dummy half running opned the game up.

Cue the 'shutup nasheed' and 'Holland played good but still shit' comments, that i hear literally every second game.

Status
Not open for further replies.