Why Foran either needs to improve, or be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Release foran and woods to free up salary cap. Problem is i dont think any other club is silly enough to pay them what we do. Hang on to mbye i know hes chewing a large chunk too but his contract ends earlier and we can fix that up when it has. And hes younger and hungrier.foran is done he needs to retire he is getting around like a 60 year old shearer.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
LOL I love how everyone is turning on Foran at the moment, whilst completely overlooking how much better our attack is this season.

Three reasons for why we don't look better:
1. Failing to convert opportunities into points due to errors and dropped balls when a try is definitely on.
2. Foran is playing both #6 and #7 at the moment.
3. Other players aren't backing up when he creates opportunities.

If you counted the number of bombed tries and chances so far this year it'd be huge.
Agree. Especially with Point 3. We have to get better at backing up Foran and Woods who has a terrific offload.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just a question, if we do release Foran and woods, do we have to pay out their full contract? More importantly do we have to count it in our salary cap?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a question, if we do release Foran and woods, do we have to pay out their full contract? More importantly do we have to count it in our salary cap?
If I understand correctly, if another club takes a player of ours, his salary can be divided between the two clubs, with the portion we pay not counted under our cap.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, if another club takes a player of ours, his salary can be divided between the two clubs, with the portion we pay not counted under our cap.
Ok thanks brother.

But what if we cut them this year and nobody picks them up next year, does it still count on our books?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not true. Graham's $500k is coming out of our cap. That's the problem with all the "supercoach" solutions - it still impacts on our cap to the tune of whatever portion of the players contract we have to continue to pay. For example people want Woods and Foran gone. Say they soak up $2m next season of our cap. We get other clubs to take them for say $400k each. That means our cap is reduced by $1.2m next season and we still have to find 2 more replacement players

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough question, really. Was a Mbye/Reynolds halves pairing more effective than a Foran/Frawley combo? Probably lol.
Mbye had a pretty good short grubber on him with the only issue being that dickhead making everyone die with the ball on the last

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not true. Graham's $500k is coming out of our cap. That's the problem with all the "supercoach" solutions - it still impacts on our cap to the tune of whatever portion of the players contract we have to continue to pay. For example people want Woods and Foran gone. Say they soak up $2m next season of our cap. We get other clubs to take them for say $400k each. That means our cap is reduced by $1.2m next season and we still have to find 2 more replacement players
Well, that's fucked. I didn't need another reason to hate Hasler, but I've got one.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What if nobody picks them up? Do we cop their whole salaries?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that the only way a club can avoid paying out a players contract in full is if that player is medically retired, I believe his salary is then paid for by insurance in full, and it does not impact on the club's cap. As for Foran the only way I can see out for our club at present is medical retirement, but I guess time will tell.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ideally it would have been perfect to have both.
Foran IMO has not found his previous form because he has ALWAYS been a left side player, since he came to grade. Now he is on the right and i dont think he feels that comfortable.
Reynolds is naturally on the right side.
Also Foran is the guiding around the park type player while Reynolds is a runner.
They would have complemented each other perfectly IMO.
Instead of that money on Eastwood we could have kept Reynolds.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Obviously he is not the player he once was, but he is still the best contributor in the team.
The others need to lift and give him support. Its just not happening.
That is just not true. Mbye contributes way more than Foran at this stage, kicks more, does more playmsking, gets his hands on the ball more. I font think grown has been that bad but yo call him our best contributor is pretty fucking rich.

Mbye and some of our forwards are putting him to shame at the moment.

Trying to make out that Foran is carrying the team is straight up bullshit, dude.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No can do as we knew about his condition when we signed him.

Lino is made to look better with a quality halves partner alongside him.

If our other half lent a hand sometime Foran would be far better off.
He’s got Mbye doing his job for him and fans making excuses for him. Foran doesn’t really have it that tough.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Putting it that context he's a nothing half. He definitely is not a creative half!
If he had support on his linebreak it would have been 26-12.

Foran flopped an easy pass from Martin for a guaranteed try.

The way I see it, Frawley is better than our million dollar 7. Not hating on Foran though, as I see him put a lot of effort behind his runs, often runs harder than our forwards in hitups-but thats the problem, he is supposed to be creating and leading the attack in a side made up of mostly fresh first graders. He just needs to be a leader, and frawley/jmk can ease the burden of linebreaks/running as we have seen in the last 2 games. Mbye needs to get behind those 3 and support them, not be there crutch for kicking.

Sort these out, and I am sure we will be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.