Opinion Why don’t the dogs look at Fiji

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why have we not signed a monster like Sivo from Parra.. I mean these guys are monster quick wingers.. I don’t get why we haven’t had a cracki

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fiji population is 1 mil. How many 14-18 year olds playing Footy. Are there already X amount of NRL clubs that have scouts/contacts/ made inroads already, I dunno. Time, money and resources spent currently sorting out our juniors. Club tapping Northern NSW. Doesnt seem worth it going to Fiji for a player or 2.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There have been a few Fijian players that have tried and failed in the NRL. It's just as hard finding a good player in Fiji then it is in any other place around the world.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just scout from the sevens team... if you're good enough you'll make that team.... beats spending money and ending up with a Eto Nabuli type of player who was average...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Andrew Johns always banging on about why more clubs arent scouting Fiji. He obviously knows more than me but I dont get it

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Makisini richter

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Makisini richter

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why have we not signed a monster like Sivo from Parra.. I mean these guys are monster quick wingers.. I don’t get why we haven’t had a cracki
They are looking at Fiji...
For a holiday :tearsofjoy::fearscream::rage:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parra had Semi now they have the new guy

There’s a Fijian winger at the Crusaders Rugby Sevi I think name is and if he don’t make the all blacks we should pounce

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fiji population is 1 mil. How many 14-18 year olds playing Footy. Are there already X amount of NRL clubs that have scouts/contacts/ made inroads already, I dunno. Time, money and resources spent currently sorting out our juniors. Club tapping Northern NSW. Doesnt seem worth it going to Fiji for a player or 2.
Exactly right. For every radradra and vunivalu there are 1000 tangives and Montoya’s.

I think most of the top talent is gone. It’s not like you go there see a dude climbing a coconut tree and you sign him as a winger.

Better bet is getting the best u21 players and calling their manager offering a first grade shot. Or scouting the rugby 7s and enticing someone over with some cash.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sivo was at Penrith so eels didn't even scout him from Figi. Could be why they sacked the recruitment officer with the other Penrith signings how did he not pick Sivo aswell

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Why don’t the bulldogs do something old school and get some Catholics of Irish origins to play rugby league?