Why Dogs recruits spell bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY DOGS RECRUITS SPELL BAD NEWS

Canterbury premiership winner Reni Maitua says he’s worried the Bulldogs will go backwards before they improve with new recruits Aaron Woods and Kieran Foran.

Maitua understands players will need to be moved out of the kennel to accommodate the two stars under the salary cap, which he says will hurt the team in the short term.

“I think they’re fantastic high-end players that you need at your club,” Maitua told NRL Tonight.

“But I think it’s going to come at a cost, especially for a few players. I’m pretty sure the salary cap is pretty full so they’ll need to move on some players to get those two under the cap.

“I’m not sure if the club’s gone the right way about it, it was a very public negotiation. I’m a little bit worried to be honest.

“I think things are going to get a lot worse before it gets better.”

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I saw the piece and I got the impression he seemed a little bitter to me. I don't think it has been that public, remembering even now that it isn't confirmed. This is no different to any other signing that clubs do, players sign and players leave. If our guys are getting that precious that it affects them that much than they need a glass of harden the fuk up or perhaps take the time being Anzac round to truly reflect on what and who the heroes really are.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
WHY DOGS RECRUITS SPELL BAD NEWS

Canterbury premiership winner Reni Maitua says he’s worried the Bulldogs will go backwards before they improve with new recruits Aaron Woods and Kieran Foran.

Maitua understands players will need to be moved out of the kennel to accommodate the two stars under the salary cap, which he says will hurt the team in the short term.

'Things will get worse''Things will get worse'
“I think they’re fantastic high-end players that you need at your club,” Maitua told NRL Tonight.

“But I think it’s going to come at a cost, especially for a few players. I’m pretty sure the salary cap is pretty full so they’ll need to move on some players to get those two under the cap.

“I’m not sure if the club’s gone the right way about it, it was a very public negotiation. I’m a little bit worried to be honest.

“I think things are going to get a lot worse before it gets better.”
Reni
Get off the drugs mate

The dogs didn't make any of it public you stupid hack

And if players have to be moved on, then so be it

These current players have proved incapable of mixing it with the best teams when it counts

A few high end players included in our stale roster is exactly what is required to get our team back on track

Quote me on this

We will do better next year, than we will this season.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
HEADLINE: Ex-Bulldogs player says things

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maitua probably still thinks the salary cap is 4 mil.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No shit Sherlock.

He should be the Dogs next CEO. lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get why people are so wound up about him giving his opinion.

There's heaps of other "commentators" whose opinions are just as irrelevant such as Corey Parker, Mark Gasnier, Braith Anasta and Blocker.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reni Reni Reni not sure why you want to give your opinion to the press, especially when it concerns negative views on the Bulldogs performance. You will always come off badly. Hope you now have your own life in order now champ....

Status
Not open for further replies.