News Why Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo must accept criticism of his own performance

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
does he? i thought he took back those comments and had a friendly moment with him when they saw each other and it was ok
I thought he only praised him, after he died.

Then he was the coach etc that made his career. Before that, it was he didn't have friends etc.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs have been struggling for 8 years, coaches in and out , how bout we Give CC 2 to 3 years before judgement ,the media want to put the boot in every chance it gets, i have never seen a bad business come out of receivership recover in one or two years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Excellent call Rod..excellent!

Here is an article on what led to his release..

Had forgotten about half of that sheet about Mason...how he acted and disrespected the club and sponsors and what he said about Folksy. I can't see the players respecting him for his own public discretions involving his disruptions to the senior players of the past, or listening to any "advice" he just gave on that podcast. It was pretty unprofessional for paid Admin staff and should gave been kept in house under the circumstances.
That meathead is driving part of the culture?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Excellent call Rod..excellent!

Here is an article on what led to his release..

also to go along with my other stance about gould, steve folkes alluded to the whole situation being created to get mason to the roosters

I guess if I was a cynic I might say that this whole thing was engineered (calm down @DinkumDog this is not me bringing up covid this time) so that he could end up at the Roosters, but I'm not," Folkes said.

"I don't know, it blew up very quickly as a result of us wishing to sit down with Willie and his management and resolve a few issues with regard to wearing the right apparel, fulfilling obligations to sponsors.

remember this is after ricky stuart and chris anderson had gone, ricky blocked previous attempts to get bulldogs players to break contract and i assume anderson would also block such a thing, so its open season on bulldogs player stealing

what made me talk about mason walking back his comments were his quotes after the roosters released him from his contract and that fitler over coached him, he sort of talked about appeciating folkes more, then it was reported folkes and mason had a playful hug/wrestle when seeing each other in the tunnel

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Had forgotten about half of that sheet about Mason...how he acted and disrespected the club and sponsors and what he said about Folksy. I can't see the players respecting him for his own public discretions involving his disruptions to the senior players of the past, or listening to any "advice" he just gave on that podcast. It was pretty unprofessional for paid Admin staff and should gave been kept in house under the circumstances.
That meathead is driving the culture?
Exactly WD. To be honest after that podcast I think his position has become untenable. A member of the coaching staff, absolutely should be passionate about what he’s doing, but the way he expressed his vitriol on Public forum is completely unprofessional. It definitely did not meet Bulldog standards.

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok another bullshit story

The bulldogs have been shit for 7 years now.
In that time we have had 4 different coaches
With CIRALDO as the latest coach.

It's not HIM that is the problem
It's our playing group.
CC Was not even going to come this year but decided to for this exact thing that has happened. To clean out the rubbish.

I support CC and I think this is all part of his plan to clean out the shit.

Next year you will see a team that makes the top 8 and challenges and competes on every game because the players who are left want to.

We have needed a player clean out for a while now.
A new coach doesn't always solve a problem as we have seen last few years.

I think players are more at fault than the coach in most cases except for SOUTHS... They have the players but NOT THE COACH.

HAHAHA I know off topic. I feel for WIGHTON or I don't? Leaving CANBERRA for SOUTHS on less money and the reason? PLAY SEMIS CONSISTENTLY and win a comp!

Canberra might play SEMIS and SOUTHS Def won't this year anyway haha

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
also to go along with my other stance about gould, steve folkes alluded to the whole situation being created to get mason to the roosters

I guess if I was a cynic I might say that this whole thing was engineered (calm down @DinkumDog this is not me bringing up covid this time) so that he could end up at the Roosters, but I'm not," Folkes said.

"I don't know, it blew up very quickly as a result of us wishing to sit down with Willie and his management and resolve a few issues with regard to wearing the right apparel, fulfilling obligations to sponsors.

remember this is after ricky stuart and chris anderson had gone, ricky blocked previous attempts to get bulldogs players to break contract and i assume anderson would also block such a thing, so its open season on bulldogs player stealing

what made me talk about mason walking back his comments were his quotes after the roosters released him from his contract and that fitler over coached him, he sort of talked about appeciating folkes more, then it was reported folkes and mason had a playful hug/wrestle when seeing each other in the tunnel
When you put it that way Rod your argument certainly has a lot of merit..

Ps..wrestling?!

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
(calm down @DinkumDog this is not me bringing up covid this time)
Didn’t read past the tag, but why would I be anything other than calm just because you’re talking shit in another thread? Have at it Zil, my care factor = zero :-)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
When you put that way Rod it makes sense..

Ps..wrestling?!
he grabbed folkes in a headlock and posed for photos with him at Brent Sherwins wedding (i remembered it as the players tunnel for some reason, still am sure something similar happened there as well)

im sure mason is very glad that happened before folkes passed away

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't put shit on someone if you don't name them. There is a media beat-up dragging the club through the mud, and threatening to engulf it. Willie was simply replying to a question being thrown up, and trying to add a bit of perspective to the situation.
That makes it even worse by not naming anyone

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
The line in the sand has been drawn. Ciraldo has made some bold statements and next year's success or failures will be on him.

I expect at least another 3 or 4 wins from this year and a significant improvement on our PA. No exceptions.

This shit has got to stop!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Crawley, Read, Buzz and all the other simps in the media who have taken this line of belief have simply opened a can of worms that perhaps maybe they should not have gone anywhere near. Ex players, current players, coaches and fans are backing CC and giving it deluxe to the reporters who seem to think that asking a player to do punishment, common to all clubs and sports and which is there as a lesson NOT to be late for training or not put in is in some way bullying or out of order. They are also very quick to criticise for poor form or effort yet then in some cock eyed way criticise mechanisms put in place to rectify these issues as "not on".

These guys who are complaining and airing their dirty laundry in public are elite athletes, well paid for what they do, who seem to believe that hard work is a dirty word. The coach is your coach, pure and simple and they are/should be in control of things. You do as you are directed and the only time you should question is if it is something that threatens your safety and not your feelings.

I have to abide by the rules set down by my employer, some of which I may not agree with 100% but nonetheless follow. I agree to that when I sign up and know that there are certain things expected of me. That I be at work on time and do not clock out before I should, that I be respectful and not do anything to cause my peers or those in my care distress or hurt. If I have an axe to grind there is a process to go through and that would not include speaking out of turn to those outside my workplace who then put a spin on what I have said and tell all and sundry in a sensationalistic manner.

Listening to ex greats of the club such as JMoz gives me hope. He was scathing in his criticism of some who want to have all believe that they have been singled out for something in a way that is demeaning or wrong. I am afraid that this type of belief by the players of today is all too common in all walks of life that hard work is not a thing and if you don't want to do the hard yards simply stamp you feet and complain. Soft c@@ks all of them.