Why are you a Bulldogs Supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
a family friend was related to Garry Dowling and the Dogs won in 1980. The year I started supporting them as a young kid.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
My family grew up and were born in the Canterbury area. I'm the (very) youngest of 4 brothers, and was born in Auburn, raised in Parra district.

So yeah, my family were all passionate dogs fans for that reason and made sure I supported the Dogs before I could decide who to support out of my own will.

Thank God for that. I may have been a Parra supporter considering all our teachers at school pushed the Parra agenda on us.
God forbid lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dad was always a dogs fan, his father was Balmain... so thankfully my Dad knew what was going on haha. I only really started getting right into footy (religiously) in 2001 (9yrs old) and what a great time to start supporting the Bulldogs. Yes we had a disappointing exit in 2001 and the salary cap scandal the following year and so on... but there was no doubt we had the best juniors coming through the ranks, coupled with the already established superstars in Price, Patten and the great Hazem El Masri, I was hooked no one could convince or entice me away from the Mighty Bulldogs.

Fun fact. Hazem was and will still remain my favourite ever Bulldog. I never use to have the internet and being a young kid I would never buy the telegraph as that money was better spent on lollies lol. So with that, seeing the basic stats was a rare thing for me. Despite that I would always watch every dogs game, if it was on Austar i would go to my dads/nans as we couldn't afford it. With every trip there I would always take my book and pen, so I could tally how many tries Hazem scored, how many goals he kicked and his total match points (some of the best memories right there haha)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dad was always a dogs fan, his father was Balmain... so thankfully my Dad knew what was going on haha. I only really started getting right into footy (religiously) in 2001 (9yrs old) and what a great time to start supporting the Bulldogs. Yes we had a disappointing exit in 2001 and the salary cap scandal the following year and so on... but there was no doubt we had the best juniors coming through the ranks, coupled with the already established superstars in Price, Patten and the great Hazem El Masri, I was hooked no one could convince or entice me away from the Mighty Bulldogs.

Fun fact. Hazem was and will still remain my favourite ever Bulldog. I never use to have the internet and being a young kid I would never buy the telegraph as that money was better spent on lollies lol. So with that, seeing the basic stats was a rare thing for me. Despite that I would always watch every dogs game, if it was on Austar i would go to my dads/nans as we couldn't afford it. With every trip there I would always take my book and pen, so I could tally how many tries Hazem scored, how many goals he kicked and his total match points (some of the best memories right there haha)
The struggle cuz, thats why I love the Bulldogs they get us and our struggle.

Last edited by a moderator:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Born in bankstown the wog side of the family were bulldogs the Aussies were parra
I was a smart kid and picked right lol

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

I played with Hazem's brother Wessam school footy. We were called the two ironmen. He's much bigger then Haz. He played 2nd Row I played Lock. Undefeated seasons and Grandfinal winners for Belmore Boys High.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I played with Hazem's brother Wessam school footy. We were called the two ironmen. He's much bigger then Haz. He played 2nd Row I played Lock. Undefeated seasons and Grandfinal winners for Belmore Boys High.
thats awesome, would have been awesome going undefeated. In my junior days never won a grand final :( haha went through undefeated one year and lost the GF haha, i played lock to, floated between back-row swell, but a centre these days lol .

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
thats awesome, would have been awesome going undefeated. In my junior days never won a grand final :( haha went through undefeated one year and lost the GF haha, i played lock to, floated between back-row swell, but a centre these days lol .
Club footy for Greenacre losing Grandfinal two years in a row after going through both seasons undefeated. Not a good feeling at all.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I have been following the Dogs since I was about 4 or 5, my favourite colour was blue and I liked dogs lol. I was born in Penriff, my old man is a life member of Panthers - he remembers it when it was a shack next to the stadium blah blah.

As I got older, the more people hated, the Dogs, the more I loved them. Success breeds hate ;)

And my favourite colour is still blue and I still lvoe dogs haha

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Grew up in Bathurst (Penny Panthers) territory and pop was a Panthers man, my old man followed the Bears but now follows the Dogs.

As a kid we really didnt go for any particular team - we loved watching it and had favourite players in each team however one day me and my brother use to play cricket in the backyard and we kept hitting the ball over my neighbours fence, after a while the old man nxt door must of got sick & tired of us knocking on his front door that one day he popped his head over the fence and gave us a Bulldogs rugby ball and that was what started my love affair with the Dogs - Oddly enough when the parents wanted to move to the big smoke we moved to Campsie and 20 yrs later were still here in Campsie.

I was a Bathurst Penguins Junior Ndawai. They became Panther just after my time

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Born in bankstown the wog side of the family were bulldogs the Aussies were parra
I was a smart kid and picked right lol
fkn oath you picked right! imagine the taste of spew in your mouth over the years if you'd gone for the eel? You'd have shares in mentos

Status
Not open for further replies.