Who's better? An expert or a professor?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am recognised as an expert in my work, having done professional accreditations, over 10,000 man hours and have a lengthy list of achievements recognised by professional bodies.. I'm actually called upon by magazine for commentary on certain topics.

But I received mail in my letterbox that was addressed to my neighbour (not the renter). he was titled a professor!! ...

I though to myself who's better? A real expert or a professor? It really depends on what the field is doesn't it?

Let's say I'm an expert in an area where people need it, where he might be a professor of some bullshit topic that noone give a stuff about? Astrology or something like that?

Thoughts? Please state if your an expert or otherwise to precede your reply

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are heaps of highly qualified people about. I would prefer someone who knows how to do the job.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd rather trust someone who can show they walk the walk (hands on experience) than someone who talks the talk (booksmart teacher).

The task at hand would dictate if you need hands on experience or book smarts.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Professor Greg Erickson is no joke.
He actually knows what he’s talking about.

It’s hard to distinguish the difference between a goats baa and a crying baby!
That is why the baboon mistook the baby for a goat. Plus the mother put her baby in a goats pen to rest.
Erickson is correct the rogue baboon was confused.

Also another one of his findings is a baboon views a human male as a much larger threat than females.
That’s right you weak feminists, baboons discriminate against the sexes!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are split 50/50 on this one ,the only way to resolve it is to go to your professor neighbours house and show him youre penis and demand he does the same then measure he with the biggest penis wins,until you do that you will truly never know who's better,so grab you're tape measure and start a knocking

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am recognised as an expert in my work, having done professional accreditations, over 10,000 man hours and have a lengthy list of achievements recognised by professional bodies.. I'm actually called upon by magazine for commentary on certain topics.

But I received mail in my letterbox that was addressed to my neighbour (not the renter). he was titled a professor!! ...

I though to myself who's better? A real expert or a professor? It really depends on what the field is doesn't it?

Let's say I'm an expert in an area where people need it, where he might be a professor of some bullshit topic that noone give a stuff about? Astrology or something like that?

Thoughts? Please state if your an expert or otherwise to precede your reply
By the very definition of the word, an expert is a person who is very knowledgeable about or skilful in a particular area. A Professor is nothing more than the name they give someone with a vast array of knowledge about a great many things. Think welder on a building site and a foreman on the same site.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Expert: Someone who has shown that they are capable of the subject at hand. Jesus Christ, the most important person who has ever wandered the planet, simply would wave his hand over someone and their injuries would instantly be healed.

Professor: Someone who studied thousands of hours including practical hands-on experience studying medicine still can't figure out how to play Tetris.

I'm sure we all know who wins this debate.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you guys are split 50/50 on this one ,the only way to resolve it is to go to your professor neighbours house and show him youre penis and demand he does the same then measure he with the biggest penis wins,until you do that you will truly never know who's better,so grab you're tape measure and start a knocking
I will never win that one :(

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expert gains knowledge via hands on experience which may include study.

Professor gains knowledge through specified study which may entail a certain levels of practicle engagement.

All Professors are experts, all experts are not Professors.

I am neither.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone seen those ANTIFA clowns who claim to be professors?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the very definition of the word, an expert is a person who is very knowledgeable about or skilful in a particular area. A Professor is nothing more than the name they give someone with a vast array of knowledge about a great many things. Think welder on a building site and a foreman on the same site.
So my neighbour is a jack of all trades but I'm the master?