Who will captin the dogs once Ryan leaves ?? Opinions please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Future Bulldogs Captain

If Ryan leaves next year who should be captain?

Stagg would get my vote ahead of Ennis...

Ryan will be making a decision soon, a player swap with an explayer is an option with the ESL...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Michael Ennis.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My first instinct is Ennis. One of the reasons i love him as a hooker so much is his urgency. Watch him at a touch finding penalty kick when we are behind and starting to drag our heels and he sprints to the ball to make the tap. I want the side to be led by someone that knows when to turn the screws. The only aspect of doubt i have is about whether he'd be any good at dealing with refs. He often gets involved in refs discussions now but doesn't appear to be successful. Stagg would be ok i guess. Kimmorley could be another option. Roberts would probably come into consideration too.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ennis. Why would you pick Stagg. 1 reason will do. Working hard isnt a reason to make him captain. I dont see him talking to the team and revving them up now, you dont just pick your favourite player to lead the side, he also has to be a talker. Ennis would be good and should give the refs some unlike Ryan.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis. Why would you pick Stagg. 1 reason will do. Working hard isnt a reason to make him captain. I dont see him talking to the team and revving them up now, you dont just pick your favourite player to lead the side, he also has to be a talker. Ennis would be good and should give the refs some unlike Ryan.
I do agree. Before this season Ennis would have been my pick for captain however his form has really been very disappointing this year.

Currently Romelo is giving us more from dummy half than Ennis. But If Ennis' form improves and hes consistent then fair enough he has the right personality for a captain, however his form MUST improve!

Status
Not open for further replies.