Who will be the first coach to be sacked in 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Steve Folkes is about to be cut from the Queens?

Mick Potter has done well but speculation still surrounds him for some reason.

Who's next?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Neil Henry is gone. Who will take his place?

Who is next: Griffin / Toovey / Price?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Price be the next coach sacked.

N

Natboy

Toovey is safe unfortunately. I would love to see him lining up at manly centrelink (or hit by a truck crossing the road there)
Griffin should be sacked but seems like a protected species and lets see if trying to buy a comp saves price.
I am guessing no

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Toovey? Manly are killing it lately, will be hard to beat come finals.
If we demolish the Dragons on Monday - Price maybe?

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toovey? Manly are killing it lately, will be hard to beat come finals.
If we demolish the Dragons on Monday - Price maybe?
That would be great. They can hire Nathan Brown again

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For some reason the Broncos are backing Griffin, so my guess would be Price.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quality first grade coaches are becoming thin on the ground, will Folkes or Moore ever get another shot?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would say Ricky Stewart on form, but I think the Eels actually want to give him 5 years no matter what.

So I will guess Steve Price. Dragons to miss top 8 even with some great signings.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would say Ricky Stewart on form, but I think the Eels actually want to give him 5 years no matter what.

So I will guess Steve Price. Dragons to miss top 8 even with some great signings.
He must have the best job at the moment. Big bucks & tells everyone that he needs a lot more time, 5 years +

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbie Farah says he wants besieged NRL coach Mick Potter to remain at Wests Tigers

I hope Mick Potter is my coach next season.

He has my support and he must have the support of the playing group because no one has said anything to me.

Since joining us at the end of the 2012 season, Mick's had a difficult assignment from the start.

Our injuries haven't made it easy for anyone here but we're not using that as an excuse.

It's hard to judge him on this year. Coming over from England, it's been really tough for him.

It's hard to make the changes you want to at a football club while dealing with the challenges he has had to.

I know the job has been difficult for him but he deserves to get the chance next year to prove he should be here longer.

Related Content
Uplifting tale: Why tonight's dud clash matters + Axe: Potter on brink at Worst Tigers +

Unfortunately football is a business and it doesn't always end up that way. It's all about success.

That's rugby league. That's professional sport.

We, the players, all need to take ownership of that too.

He's under pressure because we haven't performed as a team. We haven't been winning footy games.

Mick is our coach, but he doesn't go out on the field or make the tackles or make the mistakes we've been making.

We need to win footy games to take the pressure off him.

I have a really good relationship with Mick. I was in his office yesterday just making sure he's alright because I know it's been a pretty stressful week for him.

It's been a really difficult week for him and everyone at the club.

It's particularly hard to see great people like Steve Georgallis and Royce Simmons move on.

Roycey has been my coach right from when I started out and apart from Tim Sheens has had the most influence on my career as a player.

He's a person I speak to a lot. Confide in a lot.

During Origin a couple of months ago, Roycey gave me a call and wanted to catch up for a coffee and he said he wanted to tell me before it got out that he'd decided to move on from the club and that he had a job at Penrith.

I respected that, as disappointed as I am that he's not going to be at the club.

I love the guy as a mate. I just want him to do the best for himself.

It's the same for Georgey. I've known for a while he wanted to move and was looking for jobs elsewhere, to the point where he has me as a reference for him.

He'll be a damn good coach. And I still think Mick can prove he is one too.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ers/story-fn2mcuj6-1226694263217#.UgXm6dIwcTw

I think Mick Potter needs a fair go.

It sounds like the Tigers board are almost as bad as Parras

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Mick Potter. He has uprooted himself to move back to Oz on a 2 year contract coaching this bunch of rabble, not supported by a fueding board, on sh!tty pay.

You cant polish a turd. Hopefully he gets to stay on and make something of the Tigers. Coaches should be judged on their 2nd year, not 1st.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Mick Potter. He has uprooted himself to move back to Oz on a 2 year contract coaching this bunch of rabble, not supported by a fueding board, on sh!tty pay.

You cant polish a turd. Hopefully he gets to stay on and make something of the Tigers. Coaches should be judged on their 2nd year, not 1st.
i agree coaches should be judged on the 2nd year, maybe 3rd so they can get a team they can work with. but shitty pay? i heard he is on 250k a year, how much do you earn a year if thats shitty pay

N

Natboy

i agree coaches should be judged on the 2nd year, maybe 3rd so they can get a team they can work with. but shitty pay? i heard he is on 250k a year, how much do you earn a year if thats shitty pay
That's cleaners wages if you're a first grade coach though

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's cleaners wages if you're a first grade coach though
Not sure how much he is actually on (of course), and on the offload (MMM) over the weekend a figure like $250K was mentioned, but when the first reports went around last year when he signed up, it was said that he was on a very minimal base salary with large incentives (which I doubt he would be getting).

Even if it was $250K no way I'd be doing it - not for the stress and scrutiny.

If they do sack Potter they will have 3 coaches on the payroll. That must be some sort of record.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yep.

You cant make chicken soup with chicken shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.