Who will be the first coach to be sacked in 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
North Queensland Cowboys coach Neil Henry has two games to save his job as coach of the NRL fancies

Last Friday night's loss to the struggling Wests Tigers has placed Henry under enormous pressure - remarkably, just eight weeks after signing a 12-month contract extension.
It is understood he has the next two games - Gold Coast Titans (away) and Canterbury-Bankstown (home) - to convince the board he should stay.
At least the Cowboys aren't trotting out the fatal old line: "Neil has the full support of the board."
A frank chief executive Peter Jourdain admitted last night pressure was building.
"We don't want to press a panic button and turn the whole place upside down," Jourdain said.
"That doesn't mean for future times that we mightn't speak to a few people.
"I can't say to you categorically that we won't talk to other people.
"It happens all the time. You wouldn't be a coach for quids."
As possible replacements were being discussed in rugby league circles and on social media on Thursday, the name of NSW State of Origin assistant coach Trent Barrett kept coming up.
Henry is not surprised that the Cowboys are looking at their options.
"I'm under no illusion because we are in a results-driven game," Henry said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...es/story-e6frfkp9-1226654305751#ixzz2Uqa8tcXM

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would say Matt Elliott is in the most danger.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
neil henry because he has been there a while

matt elliot deserves more time but only a bit

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have thought Steve Price (Dragons), but those retards just extended his contract. They are desperately in recruitment mode to try and turn things around. Will have a decent backline next year, but their forwards are the softest in the game.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the broncos will be the first club to say bye bye to their coach, Anthony griffin first gone

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the broncos will be the first club to say bye bye to their coach, Anthony griffin first gone
Thats a big call but the Broncos always expect success. With their talent pool I cant blame them.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Yea 8 wks ago it was Price for sure !!

Who knows. Potter & Elliott need time.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yea 8 wks ago it was Price for sure !!

Who knows. Potter & Elliott need time.
Potter definitely needs more time & will do well. He has guts and demands his players to perform.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Neil Henry, cant see the Cowboys beating the Titans this weekend or us next weekend

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm going for Henry, Griffin or Price.

The Broncos expect to make the finals every year, and I don't think a finish outside the top 8 will be acceptable.

It wll also depend on what other options are out there. There are only so many coaches around, and the ones who come out from the UK are duds.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Henry or griffin
If we flog cowboys definitely Henry

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Henry and Potter I think....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve Price is a cockhead.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
had lunch at broncos leagues club today (the buffet top feed there), got talking to some blokes at the bar and tab about last night game, some of them old footy fellows there don't like griffin they were going off their chops over last nights effort, claiming hes killed the broncos spirit, chased away players, theres no harmony in the team ,players want out, juniors are leaving....
im still tipping its Anthony griffin

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
had lunch at broncos leagues club today (the buffet top feed there), got talking to some blokes at the bar and tab about last night game, some of them old footy fellows there don't like griffin they were going off their chops over last nights effort, claiming hes killed the broncos spirit, chased away players, theres no harmony in the team ,players want out, juniors are leaving....
im still tipping its Anthony griffin
Well if he was sacked, who would step into his place?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
id say it would maybe be one of the walters brothers the club would look to or .............welcome home wayne

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would Tim Sheens be considered for the Broncos or Cowboys?

Also would Nathan Brown get in somewhere? He has always said he wants to have another crack at NRL coaching.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
give folkes one of those jobs

he must be the only premiership winning coach in history to not get a 2nd chance, by all means go through the history books and find someone to refute me

Status
Not open for further replies.