Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My young bloke asked Des last Friday who was going to be our fullback this year.
Dessy told him either Chase Stanley or Mitch Brown.
Mitch Brown my god he shouldn't even be in the side.
Nsw cup player at best...

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Y'all should forget about the Broncos. They don't owe us anything. They are this champion side of the 90's trying to scrape off the bottom of the ladder with a coach under threat. What would we do to win a premiership? We sold our soul to a Manly immortal, which is ok but imagine how Manly fans feel about us. What will be sweeter is beating the Broncos with the team Des chooses. Can't find a fullback? We will invent one like we always do. Have faith in Des, might not be over night be have patience. Possibles in no order from who we already have = Lafai, Stanley, Templeman, Perrett, Inu?, Morris?. For what it's worth I would narrow down to Lafai or Templeman for this year. I know a lot on here say Templeman ain't ready, to small, can't tackle, needs to play Nsw cup etc. but he is an unknown factor to the rest of the comp. We put confidence in him and let him loose. He has a season to make a bird of it. If he has what it takes it will work. I'm keen to see how he handles it. Are you? What have we got to lose. Lafai would be a big option for mine as well as he could cement a permanent 1st grade spot. I'm open to all criticism but I see no better options for this year with our roster.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
not a broncos fan at all but I don't see it that they did anything wrong or unexpected. We didn't release barba because broncos wanted him. Ben wanted to move to se qld and he had to play for them or play qld cup. He threw himself at them. They dont owe us anything. They are a team rebuilding and arent going to release anyone they can use. No suprise there. Ppl need to get real and also build a bridge ....
Firstly if you believe that barba wasnt lured to the broncos your totally naive or deluded ,or is it a coincedence ben hannant threw himself to them as did anthony milford and a couple more that are rumoured to be "homesick" if you talk the real world like you say " homesick" = being offered alot more money and causing trouble to gain a release .my issue is that the dogs released barba in good faith and if the broncos had any decency or morals they would have released hoffman

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Firstly if you believe that barba wasnt lured to the broncos your totally naive or deluded ,or is it a coincedence ben hannant threw himself to them as did anthony milford and a couple more that are rumoured to be "homesick" if you talk the real world like you say " homesick" = being offered alot more money and causing trouble to gain a release .my issue is that the dogs released barba in good faith and if the broncos had any decency or morals they would have released hoffman
Certainly see what your saying but in hindsight with the donkey's coach on borrowed time he was probably never going to release Hoff. Even though they seem to not want to admit it I think he is a good player. I would also say they probably see BB as a 50/50 chance of falling apart again so they need him their to cover it if it happens.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
F@#k Hoffman don't want him.
There are far better fullbacks then him,maybe not on the market right now but in time.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
not a broncos fan at all but I don't see it that they did anything wrong or unexpected. We didn't release barba because broncos wanted him. Ben wanted to move to se qld and he had to play for them or play qld cup. He threw himself at them. They dont owe us anything. They are a team rebuilding and arent going to release anyone they can use. No suprise there. Ppl need to get real and also build a bridge ....
.They poached Barba whilst under contract. Its not like he left and then he found a team . It was widely rumoured months before it happened. So yeah broncos owe us big time

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to resurrect the Barba thread I think we're getting a bit soft .

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nobody poached barba, the club didnt even want that prick no more. I for one am thankfull we didnt end up with hoff. Nothing special.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody poached barba, the club didnt even want that prick no more. I for one am thankfull we didnt end up with hoff. Nothing special.
You're kidding right? Rumours were rife from march/ April last year. It's like believing your partner didn't cheat on you when two weeks after you've broken up they've shacked up with someone new and shopping for wedding rings.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My young bloke asked Des last Friday who was going to be our fullback this year.
Dessy told him either Chase Stanley or Mitch Brown.
Geez i hope that was a gee up, dead set both players are average at best and that is being nice. I know i'm just a niff nuff with a keyboard and a mouse but either of them two at the back we would have the weakest FB in the comp by a long long way.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters showed if you have Atleast one quality half with a great back rower..it can be done. Mino was no standout FB last year either. But the question remains, within our halves. You get a great dominating half, FB will take care itself. Nothing great, but will just get the job done. It's not the FB position we should be worrying about. Our fowards are the only thing I look foward to this year, rather than our mediocre halves with no kicking game and no organisation. I hope I'm
Wrong and this comment comes back to bites me on the arse!!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Our last tackle options in the opp 20 make me want to stick my tongue in a fan on level 3.

Reynolds is to blame more than Hodko, because he'd try the same thing about every time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're kidding right? Rumours were rife from march/ April last year. It's like believing your partner didn't cheat on you when two weeks after you've broken up they've shacked up with someone new and shopping for wedding rings.
Dogs still didn't want him though. Who cares about bronx players being in his ear for the last 2 seasons, hes a lil shit and he still woulda been a lil shit if they wernt in his ear. Seen first hand what he looks like on a night out, he was an absolute mess.

But none of this matters any more. His gone and his the bronx problem now.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our last tackle options in the opp 20 make me want to stick my tongue in a fan on level 3.

Reynolds is to blame more than Hodko, because he'd try the same thing about every time.
Yes I tend to agree. We have little to no short kicking game at all.

Generally its just cross your fingers and throw up a bomb.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know this may be irrelevant but does anyone have any highlights/ clips of Patty Templeman? Would be great if you could link me a few. Cheers :grinning:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For me, templeman still has a lot to learn. If des decides to teach him in first grade then fine by me, but I think he needs time in NSW cup.
It's not his ability as a fullback, even defensively I think he'll be fine. It's his composure under pressure.
In last years finals the team leant on him heavily, he had a hand in every attacking play, and he crumbled badly. Dropped a lot of ball and lots of passes missed the mark.
When everything's going well and were comfortable on the field, he's brilliant, but put him under pressure (chasing points or defending a small lead) and he leaves a lot to be desired.

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember when Barba was moved to fullback, there were plenty of people on here saying he was too small, had crap defence, no kicking game, was going to fail etc. However, he proved all those people wrong (at least until last year). I reckon Templeman should get a start and get a fair go at fullback, I'm sure he will prove to be a champion.

N

Natboy

Also you don't want to keep young guns out of first grade 'for their own good' for too long or they'll find a club that will give them a go

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I remember when Barba was moved to fullback, there were plenty of people on here saying he was too small, had crap defence, no kicking game, was going to fail etc. However, he proved all those people wrong (at least until last year). I reckon Templeman should get a start and get a fair go at fullback, I'm sure he will prove to be a champion.
Barba is like 20kg heavier than him & pound for pound was one of the strongest in the club, Templeman is not big enough...yet

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba is like 20kg heavier than him & pound for pound was one of the strongest in the club, Templeman is not big enough...yet
That's a really broad thing to say. How do you know that for real? More importantly how do you measure strength? Dead lifts? Squat? Bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.