Opinion Who will be captain this week?

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In an unprecedented selection Jackson Topine will be added to the 30 man roster and be named the first debutant to captain an Nrl side. He will also start the match from the bench.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is an embarrassing situation.. Maybe the trainer could run on and talk to the referee when needed? To be fair, Jackson doesn't do a lot when it comes to a 'captain's presence on the field' and his 'Captain's Challenge' decisions have been poor the last two years. Maybe it is time for a Captain - Coach and give Barrett some boots?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will have to be Flanagan, everyone i think of, have issues of either lack of experience or otherwise. Flanagan is the same but at least he is the person that should be leading us around anyway. Only other person is Hoppa but if he stays in the team, he is finding it hard enough getting himself going let alone a whole team.

I can see merit in Lewis unfortunately, but bringing him into the team and making him captain would be a huge step. He will not be around next year so i don't know if that is the right way forward. I unfortunately see that Jacko should stand down anyway so anyone stepping up it should be more than a 1 -2 week gig.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Senior players at our team

Napa - not playing well enough
Hoppa - How can you lead when you're the worst player on the field.
DWZ - Suspended
Thompson - Suspended
Elliot - Dickhead
RFM - Injured

I don't think the captaincy should be given away cheaply. If there is no one then just appoint someone to speak to the ref.
Why start now lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Cannot see it being The Flange.
Too much pressure on the kid already.
Think it’s likely Hoppa if Jacko not there.
Form is irrelevant for a game or two at (C).
Experience is why he’d get the nod.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d put..... mmmmmm....... pick a name out of a hat... I wouldn’t want hoppa as I don’t want him there

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is no way on earth the club is giving Elliot the captaincy after the off field issues.
I think they're the only 2 realistic options with DWZ out. No other leaders in the team. Hopoate is who I think they'll go with. It's also for 1 game, Elliott's off field issues would barely come into consideration imo.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
has to be Elliott

Hoppa, Napa and Flanagan dont even deserve to be in first grade right now

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is an embarrassing situation.. Maybe the trainer could run on and talk to the referee when needed? To be fair, Jackson doesn't do a lot when it comes to a 'captain's presence on the field' and his 'Captain's Challenge' decisions have been poor the last two years. Maybe it is time for a Captain - Coach and give Barrett some boots?
or maybe Baz or Furner can just text him? "maaateee c'mon wtf were those last 3 x 6 agains for ye koont"

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they're the only 2 realistic options with DWZ out. No other leaders in the team. Hopoate is who I think they'll go with. It's also for 1 game, Elliott's off field issues would barely come into consideration imo.
If it's for one match they won't risk the outcry if Elliot got it. Will to happen. Hopoate PROBABLY gets it. personally I'd give it to Flanaghan in the hope it gives him a kick so to speak. Would be expecting it to be Hopoate though

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably Lewis when he gets named in the squad

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appoint Avarillo captain and see what he can do. Why not? No-one stands out as an ideal choice.