Who needs to be congratulated?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice that when people buy a new car, the dealership congratulates them, their friends congratulate them?

But who really needs to be congratulated? Isn't it the dealer who made the money? The seller of the car should be congratulated for trapping a buyer.

Buyers if new cars just see their value sliced up as soon as they drive the car out of the lot, it depreciates...

If a week later the buyer comes back and says I'd like a refund, does the dealer process a refund and also be congratulated a swell? Or does the dealer refuse to process a refund and kick the buyer up the arse, kick him out of the showroom? But just last week they were being congratulater?

It should always be the person who makes the money that is congratulated not the sucker? True?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I notice that when people buy a new car, the dealership congratulates them, their friends congratulate them?

But who really needs to be congratulated? Isn't it the dealer who made the money? The seller of the car should be congratulated for trapping a buyer.

Buyers if new cars just see their value sliced up as soon as they drive the car out of the lot, it depreciates...

If a week later the buyer comes back and says I'd like a refund, does the dealer process a refund and also be congratulated a swell? Or does the dealer refuse to process a refund and kick the buyer up the arse, kick him out of the showroom? But just last week they were being congratulater?

It should always be the person who makes the money that is congratulated not the sucker? True?
I think privately the car salesman would get congratulated by his boss and maybe a head rub or elbow to the shoulder saying “good work pal”

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

True.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the person who receives the money should be congratulated. They can buy what they want with it where someone who buys a car or other items is stuck with it and likely loses value.

It's better to buy the minimum amount of things and hold as much cash as possible. It's hard to fathom the thought process of renters, they hand over cash each week and receive nothing in return. Imagine going onto a supermarket and lining up in a checkout, pay $100 and walk away with nothing. But renters keep doing it? Mad?

What is there to show at the end of the year? What is there to congratulate.?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same when you buy a house.
They give you a bottle of champagne while you stand there looking like an idiot getting your photo taken when youve just signed a 25 year debth.
Renovators delight my farkin arse.
I know youll agree with me @Blue_boost when I say 'there's alot to be said for renting'.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same when you buy a house.
They give you a bottle of champagne while you stand there looking like an idiot getting your photo taken when youve just signed a 25 year debth.
Renovators delight my farkin arse.
I know youll agree with me @Blue_boost when I say 'there's alot to be said for renting'.
Houses are different they go up in price. People are buying and making hundreds of thousands in a short space of time, whereas renters are being left in the lurch.

As I said they (renters) go to the supermarket, pay money and walk away with nothing. I don't understand it

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Houses are different they go up in price. People are buying and making hundreds of thousands in a short space of time, whereas renters are being left in the lurch.

As I said they (renters) go to the supermarket, pay money and walk away with nothing. I don't understand it
hundreds of thousands in a short space of time?
I wish I had the funds to profit hundreds of thousands of dollars flipping houses.

I know of someone who lives between St Marys and Penrith, small 3 bedroom brick house valued at $750K.
WTF is that?
No wonder renters cant afford to buy a house.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hundreds of thousands in a short space of time?
I wish I had the funds to profit hundreds of thousands of dollars flipping houses.

I know of someone who lives between St Marys and Penrith, small 3 bedroom brick house valued at $750K.
WTF is that?
No wonder renters cant afford to buy a house.
Next year it will be worth $850k.. renters have been waiting for prices to drop since 1932

I agree that renters have been shut out of the market. But I said these things 10 years ago and renters scoffed, I'm not paying $450k for a house between st Mary's and Penrith they said back then. It's now $750k, blink and it's $850k

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t know why people say this... you don’t buy a car and sell it a week later. No loss can be realised...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t know why people say this... you don’t buy a car and sell it a week later. No loss can be realised...
Of course you can say that. Thats how you must think. If you keep spending money on items that lose money how do you accumulate any wealth?

Someone who bought a house in 1998 for $200,000 is now holding $1.5m

Someone who bought a brand new car in 1998 (with deposit money) and rented a house back then is looking at a rust bucket worth nothing and a pair of empty hands.

Who is ahead? Both spent the same

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course you can say that. Thats how you must think. If you keep spending money on items that lose money how do you accumulate any wealth?

Someone who bought a house in 1998 for $200,000 is now holding $1.5m

Someone who bought a brand new car in 1998 (with deposit money) and rented a house back then is looking at a rust bucket worth nothing and a pair of empty hands.

Who is ahead? Both spent the same
Not holding 1.5m until they sell it.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon if you are renting and you buy a house you should be congratulated also.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am a car salesman and I can say that no car salesman gets a congratulations from anyone (customer or management).

Nothing is good enough for either party unfortunately

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a car salesman and I can say that no car salesman gets a congratulations from anyone (customer or management).

Nothing is good enough for either party unfortunately
You do get paid though. That's some congratulations.

But the buyer of these cars, he's/she is the sucker