Who is/was your favourite player growing up from the Bulldogs?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Expedite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Terry Lamb, had a beer with him and the boys after a pre-season trial match in West Wyalong. Absolute legend. Just went up to say hi and he invited me and some mates to sit with the boys that were out that night. A bunch of legends, unlike the soft cocks that play for us now.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to be barba I remember going to the games as soon as that bloke grabbed the ball the whole crowd would stand up on their feet he was a freak.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Loved the barrel with legs!
So many memories but hard to forget the try he scored against the roosters 03’ when we came back to score in the last 2-3 mins to win the game. Anasta set for field goal and Shifty threw the cut out to Utai !

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a kid it was Lamb No.1, with Turvey a close 2nd. Other favourites at that time included Gillespie and Folkes. Years later I was a massive Jason Hetherington fan, then my next big crushes were for Frank the Tank and James Graham.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a doubt it has to be Terry Lamb.

If Baa was in the team then you knew we were always a chance to win the game.

I'm convinced that Terry was the most influential club player ever.

Love, love loved watching him every time he played. An absolute champion.

Special mention to "Cement" David Gillespie.
Growing up as a young second rower, I idolised the way Cement wacked guys in defence "The Old Fashioned Way".
I modelled my defence on how he did it, and made sure the stayed hit.

Oh the glory day, so blessed to have witnessed them, and I hope to God we all get to witness a new era of glory days soon.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Terry Lamb, Silva, Talau, Polly, Hetherington, El Masri, Norton, D Smith, Vagana, Sherwin, Maitua, SBW, Mason, Shrek, ARyan, Utai, Ennis, Pritchard, Kas, Hokko, Barba. Nothing after that.