Who is to blame for our dismal season?

Who is to blame for our poor season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Tony Grimaldi - To start the year off so flat, uncompetetive and off-pace, you have to question what sort of preparation went into the year.

Furthermore, he looks unwell since he played. Either he's contracted malaria along the way, or made a choice to replace red-meat with tofu and cottage cheese. I swear if he shaved his head he'd look like Moby from behind !

What the hell has Grimmers been doing ???

nasty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it confirmed yet that we are getting Eastwood or is it everyone talking ****
as usual cause if we dont get him we have a worse team in 2011,and i cant
see what the club has done to rectify the problem cause we havnt purchased
any forwards with offloading skills or another quick centre.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think one thing you can bank on, Todd Greenburg won't hesitate asking KM all the difficult questions or to sack him if he knew it was in the best interests of the club

nasty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think one thing you can bank on, Todd Greenburg won't hesitate asking KM all the difficult questions or to sack him if he knew it was in the best interests of the club
Do u seriously believe Moore will b sacked

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I think it's premature for that Kratos.

One amazing year.
One disappointing year.
Crowd numbers and revenue are up all across the park.

Another bad year, and then the questions methinks.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Tony Grimaldi - To start the year off so flat, uncompetetive and off-pace, you have to question what sort of preparation went into the year.

Furthermore, he looks unwell since he played. Either he's contracted malaria along the way, or made a choice to replace red-meat with tofu and cottage cheese. I swear if he shaved his head he'd look like Moby from behind !

Grimaldi's job is to keep the squad physically fit, not mentally.

Mentally is where the problems lie.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody in particular. A number of people were not as good as they were in 2009. Patten, way way off his 2009 form, in fact hes been terrible, Moore made a few selection blues through the year, but its only his second year and i dont think he was prepared for us going so bad this year, after last year. BK was not as good as 2009 but i dont go as far as others and say hes been bad, he still is in everything. We need a decent and settled forward pack.

At times they all have been ok, at times they have all been rubbish.

If last year it was a team effort and the coach's when we were successful, the only thing we can say this year is again its a team effort.

Nex year we will have a bunch of new players including Eastwood, Keating, tollman, Hodkinson etc, and the worse form player this year Patten, is going. Barba will go to FB which is where he will retire, and we have a much different mix next year. Anything could happen.
Your 100% on Eastwood coming? I have heard it is close but still not sealed?
Of course next year anything can happen BUT Barba at fullback will be very interesting, he deserves first shot there BUT im unsure how much of a success he will be. I hope Barba is a success at fullback because I dont see him as a longterm answer at half or 5/8. He has been one of our best this year though.

On players I just hope Romelo is given a chance next year, because from his limited time in FG he did give the team some impact off the bench!

I hope the club / coach and players do realise this years form is unnacceptable and do make a public aknowledgement of it

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's premature for that Kratos.

One amazing year.
One disappointing year.
Crowd numbers and revenue are up all across the park.

Another bad year, and then the questions methinks.
Yeah sacking Moore this early will not be justified... Another poor year next year and he should then face scrutiny from the club

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Your 100% on Eastwood coming? I have heard it is close but still not sealed?
Of course next year anything can happen BUT Barba at fullback will be very interesting, he deserves first shot there BUT im unsure how much of a success he will be. I hope Barba is a success at fullback because personally I dont see him as a longterm answer at half or 5/8. He has been one of our best this year though.

On players I just hope Romelo is given a chance next year, because from his limited time in FG he did give the team some impact off the bench!

I hope the club / coach and players do realise this years form is unnacceptable and do make a public aknowledgement of it

Personally
Personally, I think he should be shoved into the fullback role right now, so at least he has some experience under his belt before 2011.

Patten's form has been terrible, and we need to pick a side for the future and throw caution to the wind. Nothing to lose now.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally, I think he should be shoved into the fullback role right now, so at least he has some experience under his belt before 2011.

Patten's form has been terrible, and we need to pick a side for the future and throw caution to the wind. Nothing to lose now.
The best thing for the team next year is Barba playing fullback for the remainder of THIS season

But for all the great service Patten has given us it wouldn't feel right to do that to THE GENERAL.

Patten did the right thing by the club and himself by moving on, I also reckon Ryan should have done the same

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do u seriously believe Moore will b sacked
No that's not what I meant, I meant that if it needs to be done say half-way through next season if its going down-hill from the start. I think Todd would have the stomach to tell him its over. I think he would be the kind to tell him at the end of this season what he needs to do to stay as well.

I don't think Moore will be sacked, not that I wouldn't disagree with it happenning.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Ive been saying this for weeks now, But i still cant see moore growing enough balls to drop patten.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I agree with this.

I have been saying this all season long but our players do not seem fit and strong enough to compete with the other teams in the comp. Not only by looking at the players playing but looking at their physique, upper body especially their arms are not as big or toned as they were last year.

Another instance is Idris who after a full year in pre-season would have developed a bit more muscle for such a young guy, but in comparison to last year he looks exactly the same without as much baby fat.

I think that the concept of fitness training before the Christmas break then doing mostly football drill/skills after the Christmas break needs to stop. A combination of fitness and skills needs to be included throughout the year.
We need a few more experienced trainers maybe we could employ the Commando to train our players along with investing in a range of new training techniques and also it wouldn’t be bad to travel over to America and hire a few trainers and staff from a collage football team to improve our overall players fitness and strength.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I agree with this.

I have been saying this all season long but our players do not seem fit and strong enough to compete with the other teams in the comp. Not only by looking at the players playing but looking at their physique, upper body especially their arms are not as big or toned as they were last year.

Another instance is Idris who after a full year in pre-season would have developed a bit more muscle for such a young guy, but in comparison to last year he looks exactly the same without as much baby fat.

I think that the concept of fitness training before the Christmas break then doing mostly football drill/skills after the Christmas break needs to stop. A combination of fitness and skills needs to be included throughout the year.
We need a few more experienced trainers maybe we could employ the Commando to train our players along with investing in a range of new training techniques and also it wouldn’t be bad to travel over to America and hire a few trainers and staff from a collage football team to improve our overall players fitness and strength.
we need rambo or chuck norris

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it is the coaches responsibilty to get his players up and ready week in week out...i know it not always rosey but using the same lame excuse every week doesnt make ur players feel the need to improve knowing there coach will just back them up after every game,no matter what the results...league is like every other sport in the world..if the team doesnt perform over the whole season,then the coach is the first to get the boot,especially if u have a good playing group like we had.so in saying that,i think moore was the the 1 with the 2nd year syndrom..lets hope he has learnt from this year..i spoke to kris keating today and he is jumping out of his skin to join us next yr and pronised hodkinson and him will bring a very good potent attacking structure to the team..

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moore's got to go. Sticky Stuart to coach us next year.

B

bahadogg

the team is full of recruits and next year more dud recruits

B

bahadogg

I agree with this.

we ayoub he is one of the best trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.