Who hires and fires the coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone help me out. Who hires and fires the coach? Is it Castle or the board?

I have moved on from giving Des shit, yes he is to blame. BUT now who are the ones keeping him on? Who are the brainiacs that think its a good idea to let him have his last year, after what we have just seen this year? Who are the ones that can see we dont have the sqaud, but are willing to persist with the same old same old? Who are these people that think it is a good idea for us to give Hasler a few rounds next year to see how he goes?

Des has done his damage but now we must question the people who are signing off on keeping this fucking plonker here.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Well if they keep Hasler for next year, and god forbid sign off on the two year extension they need the sack asap.
I said it in another thread, they are the biggest duds. They promised so much, and made the Hughes family the villains and death of the Bulldogs if they were to be elected. Even Mortimer sided with this current board. Look at the fu3king results we have had to deal with. What a massive mistake.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here we go again..... another sack Des, Sack Raelene, Sack the Board, cancel memberships Bla Bla Bla... I think everyone just needs to take a step back go for a walk in the sun take 20 steps back, take a deep breath and relook at things again in a few weeks.
I am sure there will be a solution moving forward sooner than later, just sacking people sometimes does not resolve anything at all, specially this case.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here we go again..... another sack Des, Sack Raelene, Sack the Board, cancel memberships Bla Bla Bla... I think everyone just needs to take a step back go for a walk in the sun take 20 steps back, take a deep breath and relook at things again in a few weeks.
I am sure there will be a solution moving forward sooner than later, just sacking people sometimes does not resolve anything at all, specially this case.
He has had long enough, it hasnt worked. If they cant see that a change is needed well then they themselves need to be changed.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has had long enough, it hasnt worked. If they cant see that a change is needed well then they themselves need to be changed.
Thats fine but, who you going to replace Des with who you going to replace Ms Castle with.... what plan would you implement?? and if you do have a plan and a list of replacements..... please let us know who they are and if they are available.
remember... Rona gone, Williams gone, Perrett gone, Browne gone, please offer your plan of action knowing the 2017 season is only 6 months and you have just sacked the Coach! who will be our coach and will he be available and does this person want to be the head coach right now? lots of members feel Dean Pay is the answer..... thats all well and good but, does he want to be there? he has just finished his first year of a 3 year contract with Ricky Stewart with a team plying high at the moment.
You just do not fix problems by sacking a number of people all at once.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Des takes 20 steps back once he gets to the front entrance of the Leagues Club.

20 steps back and down he goes this very deep excavated hole

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats fine but, who you going to replace Des with who you going to replace Ms Castle with.... what plan would you implement?? and if you do have a plan and a list of replacements..... please let us know who they are and if they are available.
remember... Rona gone, Williams gone, Perrett gone, Browne gone, please offer your plan of action knowing the 2017 season is only 6 months and you have just sacked the Coach! who will be our coach and will he be available and does this person want to be the head coach right now? lots of members feel Dean Pay is the answer..... thats all well and good but, does he want to be there? he has just finished his first year of a 3 year contract with Ricky Stewart with a team plying high at the moment.
TBH I'd take you as a coach over Des at this point. At least with you we would have an unknown for next year, with Des we no exactly what we will get. Bumbling and stumbling to the finals and then out in week one or two, hooray!!!!!! Im not saying he isnt a great coach, because he is, it just hasnt worked here and I think he should go.

You're are right though, maybe I need to relax and take a breath. Ive just started season 5 of the Goodwife, which I like so theres that.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely this is a g up. I've heard of people blindly supporting a club but this takes it to a new level.

Who will replace Castle? Is she the only person in Australia capable of leading an organisation.

And all these players leaving. Who made that decision. The coach who you think is blameless.

No one here needs to offer you a plan. That is the job of a capable board and ceo. If the current ones don't deliver they need to gtfo and let someone else take their place. And with a club like ours there should be no shortage of people capable of taking that task on.

No wonder things go unchanged when there's people around who accept anything and think anything is good enough.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The reason we are in this current predicament is because people have taken a step back for so many years...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I eagerly await a bottom 8 finish next year.

Seriously, if we are underperforming by mid next season I'm giving up on the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.