Opinion Who else thinks the Bulldogs are a top8 team for 2021?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trent Barret is bringing a whole new coaching team which looks impressive, plus the former all blacks coach (forgot his name).
We've signed Kyle Flanagan who I think has so much potential, he's a genuine half back and a great goal kicker.
Jack Hetherington is a genuine intimidator, Corey Waddell is a strong runner of the ball. Cotric is a really good strong winger/centre.
And we've already got some good existing players and our team as we've seen over the last couple of years plays with a lot of heart and spirit.
I think we're definitely top 8 and I wouldn't be surprised if we were one of the form teams next season.

If we don't sign Burton I'd like to see lewis play 6 and play as a running 5/8. Ogden and Thompson as our starting props, and To'omago, Hethrington, Napa as bench players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't sign Burton I'd like to see lewis play 6 and play as a running 5/8.
If Lewis in in the 17, we are NO chance of a top 8 finish - especially if he's in the 6 jersey. He has no running game at all - no speed or footwork - so that wouldnt work. Burton on the other hand has (or will have) the physique of Wighton and the footwork of Ponga - he's a real running 5/8 - that's why we're so desperate to get him for next year

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
if recent years show us anything, you just have to be better than tigers who are forever ninth, which we have the squad and coach to do it

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defintely make 8, if we get Burton next year and both he and Flannagan fire then we may scrape into top 4. That's assuming if we don't sign a hooker, then whoever we have does a decent job at 9.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could of made the 8 with the squad this year. It was all about attitude shot themselves in the foot from the get go after the port mac incident no sponsor dean pay sacking we put up a fight in alot of games but then gave up. Hopefully baz gets them going. Make them want it more then the other teams.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I go into every year expecting it, I know that’s stupid in recent years but I can’t help but hope we do it every year. In the past you can lose more games than you win and still get 7th or 8th spot.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can make the top eight (so can every team in the NRL). I don't think we will (especially with our current roster) but that'll make it sweeter if we do. We're currently wooden spooners in the betting (I don't think we'll get the wooden spoon). Anything is possible!

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate everything good you said was lost on me when you said "Lewis as a RUNNING five eight"....LMAO
I think we are all being a bit tough on Lewis, Tbaz obviously sees potential there, With this new coaching & conditioning team and now a few quality players around him & JMK, Katoa, Meanie, DWZ, Okunbur and Wakem we may see these guys start to gain a bit of confidence and surprise us, and if not the days of Pay & SG selection & coaching are over, if they don't perform their gone. Time will tell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we are all being a bit tough on Lewis, Tbaz obviously sees potential there, With this new coaching & conditioning team and now a few quality players around him & JMK, Katoa, Meanie, DWZ, Okunbur and Wakem we may see these guys start to gain a bit of confidence and surprise us, and if not the days of Pay & SG selection & coaching are over, if they don't perform their gone. Time will tell.
Lewis has a very poor running game and he's pretty slow for a half imo. I think his best strengths are being unorthodox, putting up bombs (he's criticised for not having enough last play options) and long kicking game. Last year his defence was solid but it sort of faded this year tbh. Everything else is average or he struggles with. I really wanted Lewis to succeed after seeing him in the back end of 2019 but I've seen enough now where I think we have to move on from him. With the signings of Green and Flanagan and genuine interest in Burton I don't think Barrett sees potential in Lewis.