Opinion Who do you think we'll chase / sign this November for 2023 (if anybody) ?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless someone throws really big money at Cheese I don't think he'll make a quick decision on '23. His manager would be telling him to let the dust settle after the white powder video. I reckon we're still a good chance.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure Flanagan and Allan will be moved on at some stage. RFM is unlikely to be re-signed. Whether Vaughan or Dufty are re-signed depends on how they go next season. A few of our juniors will be ready for FG by then also.

A lot can change between now and then in terms of player movement at other clubs so it's too early to discuss who to sign..
It just seems like bullshit when we have signed Duffy and Vaughan for next year they can be signed by other clubs for 2023 from November....we may not even have a chance to re sign them....just a stupid rule

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are focusing on development, and while there are some great signings for first grade in 2022, seems like there have been many more signings for the youth teams.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d be more focused on who we still need to offload. We’ve signed a few players on 3 year deals on decent coin that have been unimpressive so far. Cotric, Flanagan and Stimson are the ones that come to mind and I’d be looking to offload them if they don’t perform next year. I think Stimson is off contract next year anyway. Use the money to re-sign or upgrade the strong performers.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d be more focused on who we still need to offload. We’ve signed a few players on 3 year deals on decent coin that have been unimpressive so far. Cotric, Flanagan and Stimson are the ones that come to mind and I’d be looking to offload them if they don’t perform next year. I think Stimson is off contract next year anyway. Use the money to re-sign or upgrade the strong performers.
Well there is a prime example of a glass half full mentality. Cotric should revert to his SOO form with a decent centre and 5/8 inside him. Stimson has had a bad run with injuries but he played pretty well once he was over them in the games at the end of the season.

Always a Bulldog

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well there is a prime example of a glass half full mentality. Cotric should revert to his SOO form with a decent centre and 5/8 inside him. Stimson has had a bad run with injuries but he played pretty well once he was over them in the games at the end of the season.

Always a Bulldog
I have time for Stimson .

He’s been part of some pretty weak packs last few years with us and next yr he can focus on not trying to do too much and limit the mistakes .

He was touted as a SOO rep when we got him from the storm , I like to see how he goes with a good off season and playing consistency

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
hodgson reportably going to tigers next year, would have been a handy pick up for us

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unless someone throws really big money at Cheese I don't think he'll make a quick decision on '23. His manager would be telling him to let the dust settle after the white powder video. I reckon we're still a good chance.
My money would be on Cheese and Munster being the Dolohins marquee signings.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Na he has been absolutely shit house the last year or so.
Yeah he looks cooked but even a cooked Hodgson is better than anything we have. I don’t think it’s worth the amount of roster movement we would have to make to fit him in.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
2022 looks like a spending spree, just hope the drought doesn't repeat itself and the budget is managed properly.
Do we need the roosters bean counter?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah he looks cooked but even a cooked Hodgson is better than anything we have. I don’t think it’s worth the amount of roster movement we would have to make to fit him in.
without a dominating 7 he would have been a good fit with 2 running halves. cant fit them all in tho can we

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I honestly think Averillo will be better after another pre season and having a season under his belt, he played really well in the last game and had glimpses of brilliance throughout the season. I am yet to see a halfback in their first season dominate.. it takes time and let’s be honest here, Trent Barrett played at the highest level in the halves and was successful so he’d know the ability of the the kid.
what makes a great halfback?
1.vision
2.Passing game/Kicking game
3.Defence
4.Pace
have I got that in order? And which area does the young fella have to work on??

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Sounds right, and there’s close to $1m.
Only if you don't have to pay part of their wage to move them on early........then we might have around 5-600k ..........If moving a player on before contract ends you will be highly unlikely to recoup their full cost.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think Averillo will be better after another pre season and having a season under his belt, he played really well in the last game and had glimpses of brilliance throughout the season. I am yet to see a halfback in their first season dominate.. it takes time and let’s be honest here, Trent Barrett played at the highest level in the halves and was successful so he’d know the ability of the the kid.
what makes a great halfback?
1.vision
2.Passing game/Kicking game
3.Defence
4.Pace
have I got that in order? And which area does the young fella have to work on??
Needs to work on 1, 2 & 3. Has 4 by the bucketloads, but that’s not the most important for a halfback

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2022 looks like a spending spree, just hope the drought doesn't repeat itself and the budget is managed properly.
Do we need the roosters bean counter?
The roosters don’t need to count anything. They have an unlimited number of beans and paper bags.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The roosters don’t need to count anything. They have an unlimited number of beans and paper bags.
If they spent every cent for 22 whats the chances the castle era will repeat itself by 25?