Opinion Who do we all think will improve the most under Barretts tuition???

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I said he would improve them mate nothing more nothing else.
Turning all these players into champions, just don't get your hopes up too high.

It's not you the post Was aimed at specifically. It's everyone.

remember Barrett is not a miracle maker, he's a failed first grade coach who has been part of a team that has managed to get the best out of a highly talented bunch as an assistant.

it is what it is and it be what it be.
Quiet optimism is what I have called for.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be brutally honest only Averillo and maybe Wakeham out of the spine players. Lewis and JMK have such a low skill level that I don’t think they have that much improvement in them.

I think our packs skill level will improve out of sight with Furner and TBaz encouraging more off loads and ball playing.
You have no idea on Lewis and JMK do you. Lets just wait and see eh. All I know from feedback is that Barrett thinks highly of Lewis. As a strong defender he will become our N Cleary....you heard it here first. So glad your not running our Club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You have no idea on Lewis and JMK do you. Lets just wait and see eh. All I know from feedback is that Barrett thinks highly of Lewis. As a strong defender he will become our N Cleary....you heard it here first. So glad your not running our Club.
Amen,
Lewis has future rep player in him i think, BUT his nect moves are crucial, or he will be another holland.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What feedback is this? Don’t tell me it’s this one phone call that Lewis got? Barrett trying to sign other halves tells me he doesn’t rate Lewis too highly and why would he after what everyone has seen over the last few years. Lewis can make a good tackle but he isn’t a strong defender he makes more bad reads then anyone in the side.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know this will stir many differing opinions, but im curious who you all think will make the most improvement under Barret next year?? for me im hoping it will be Averilo, lewis and JMK. Unless of course we sign a hooker and Flanagan.
Also, overall, which area of the field will improve the most? Our backline? Spine? Forwards? If our spine improves then surely it will have a flow on effect and all areas of the field will improve.
I am confident we will see a big improvement from our spine whether we sign new players in those positions or not. And i suspect this will help the likes of Jackson, Toomaga and Ogden improve as well. I also think RFM will move into our prop rotation under Barrett.
What are your thoughts or expectations for our first year under Barrett?
Everybody, including current and incoming players, staff, board and us fans. When he gets us winning, it becomes infectious, and will spread right through the place from top to bottom.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Turning all these players into champions, just don't get your hopes up too high.

remember Barrett is not a miracle maker, he's a failed first grade coach who has been part of a team that has managed to get the best out of a highly talented bunch as an assistant.

Negativity gets you know where, take it back to Soufs.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Amen,
Lewis has future rep player in him i think, BUT his nect moves are crucial, or he will be another holland.
dumb ****, lewis has rep player in him, thats why we are buying 2 new halves.
you just make yourself look even fuking more stupid

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know Barrett gets plenty of credit for Cleary’s season but Cleary was a pretty decent first grade standard half before TBaz arrived then you add Api to the mix and there’s a few more factors then just Tbaz working his magic.

He certainly has his work cut out for him polishing some of the turds we have on our roster but I think Tbaz I certainly more chance of getting more out them then Pay was.
I think while Cleary was a good half before Baz, it’s Baz’s tactical skills that everyone’s jizzin

You’re a failed indian .. that’s saying a lot because the bar isn’t very high lol

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better coaching this year in attack in opposition 20 with the cattle we had would have seen us win 6 more games. TB doesn’t necessarily need to I improve our D just our conversion rate in opp 20. With the list of players allegedly coming top 8 is not a pipe dream.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hard to say who will improve most really. But I hope that we're able to get our halves creating better structure by utilising the field better.

I think a lot of our issues with attack came from the fact that frequently our second row, halves and wing/centre combination were all playing too close to the sideline and getting in each other's way. It allowed the defence to safely assume that by drifting wide in numbers they'd be safe. Rarely saw the opposition outside backs having to choose who to tackle.

Also hoping our last tackle kicking options improve in the attacking 20m. Since Hasler was here we've relied more and more on the low crossfield bomb which gives the defence as much time to get positioned as it does our own players. Would work better with monstrous wingers with great ability in the air. But we just don't have that in our arsenal.
What Remis Smith and Jaden Okenbour aren't big enough for you. WTF

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The ability to generate repeat sets by well placed last tackle kicks. Been missing since Des decided handing the ball over on the tackle is better than conceding a 7 tackle set.

Winning a game refereed by one of the Sutton's is my big hope.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What feedback is this? Don’t tell me it’s this one phone call that Lewis got? Barrett trying to sign other halves tells me he doesn’t rate Lewis too highly and why would he after what everyone has seen over the last few years. Lewis can make a good tackle but he isn’t a strong defender he makes more bad reads then anyone in the side.
Maybe he doesn't rate the forum darling Wakeham too highly? And yes, maybe Lewis makes more "bad reads" than others around him. But thats partly because at least he's looking at the BOOK (defense) instead of waiting for someone else to like half the numpties last season... Defense is half the game, and the reason we were a force in the 80's (even 2000's). One day the Kennel will understand that...