Opinion Who are the dogs in talks with?

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dean Pay cannot use any more combinations as he doesnt have the talent available.
But relax guys. Big things are coming.
Like what, why so cryptic was all your messages? Are you aware of some imminent signings?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit unfair tbh.
1. He had Broncos going well and built there 2015 side before being punted for the return of Wayne... Broncos wanted him, so it didn't matter who was coaching as anyone would have got the punt then bar Bellamy.
2. He had Panthers playing well and entrenched within the 8... He was only sacked so they could bring in Ivan so they didn't lose young Nathan.

Who knows if he's the right man for the job, but hed be better than Pay
Yep Griffin or Henry we need a Graham Murray type to set us up look what he did for the cows

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I got the sense from Dean pays press conference last night and the tone of his voice when he was talking about recruits that we are going to start to move quickly. I expect announcements soon to keep fans happy, members happy. I feel like we/ dean Pay cant try anymore combinations, basically his ideas are up. He / The club needs new players to move forward plain and simple and I'm sure Dean is seeing that now
All this means though is that they will get desperate and pay overs so expect a cotric sign for 700 K and Bateman 800 and Grant 800. Dogs can get anyone they want if they pay the cheese but contributes to cap mismanagement

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many spots do we have left for our top 30 this yr
Two I believe. We went into the season with one, but CHN and Okunbor were sacked. Thompson's now here. We also don't know if Thompson is on his reported ~850k for 2020, I'd assume not.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see why we don't send an SOS to Garth Widdop or Maloney for half a season

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Heard were still in talks with ronald mcdonald

Looking good free maccas for everyone

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you exactly who we are talking too;

1.Cotric - in talks. He wants to see what Canberra counter with
2.Guerra- Has turned us down. May come to us if Newcastle don't offer a new deal.
3. Grant- turned us down twice. Will see what storm do.
4. Saab- Just talks. He is seeing what else is coming his way before deciding.
5. Proctor- turned us down because he wants to stay at titans but we might come back to him.
6. McCullough- both parties fizzed on this when it hit the public who reacted badly
7.Maloney. Just a chat for this season
8. Hall- dogs approached to see if he could be loaned to us cheap. Didn't eventuate.
9. Fifita- outbid by Titans
Nasheed, I’ve been critical of you once or twice on here but I think your on the mark this time around, talks with those players do not surprise me.. the only one missing is Addo-Carr, I believe there was some talk there but no idea where it’s at.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Josh Kerr for some size, cheap with a bit of agility in the forwards for a change.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
What do you guys think if we got Harry grant tom deardon and Jake Clifford invite them to the Chinese place for a meal at the leagues club and said we want you guys along with averillo to be our spine for the next 10 years offer them a 3 year contract each as a starting point

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you guys think if we got Harry grant tom deardon and Jake Clifford invite them to the Chinese place for a meal at the leagues club and said we want you guys along with averillo to be our spine for the next 10 years offer them a 3 year contract each as a starting point
Clifford??

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Clifford??
Clifford is good imo. Good organiser who isn't afraid to run the ball, take his try against the roosters last season on the central coast as an example. He's not that high on confidence as Cowboys aren't too flash and with Morgan for he wasn't in the starting side. I'd definately sign him or Hastings for 2021

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Clifford is good imo. Good organiser who isn't afraid to run the ball, take his try against the roosters last season on the central coast as an example. He's not that high on confidence as Cowboys aren't too flash and with Morgan for he wasn't in the starting side. I'd definately sign him or Hastings for 2021
Have to agree to disagree on clifford he only takes the line on when he is forced to and his vision in attack is almost as bad as his defensive reads,he is another milford in the making for mine, not to mention he's had three shoulder recos before he turned 18

A

Alexander the Great

a Chinese meal you say?

upload_2020-7-1_13-15-51.jpeg

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Have to agree to disagree on clifford he only takes the line on when he is forced to and his vision in attack is almost as bad as his defensive reads,he is another milford in the making for mine, not to mention he's had three shoulder recos before he turned 18
Joey likes him that's good enough for me. If we aren't keeping Cogger (which someone mentioned here earlier) we need another half as back up. Can't rely on Lewis or Foran... Hastings, Burton, Sezer, whoever it is we will need someone

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bateman 12 (780k), Hastings 7/6 ($500k), Grant 9 ($650k), Kotoni Staggs ($700k) 3. that totals $2,630,000 so if we have 3.5 million to spend we will have $870k in change we could spend on Curtis Rona $450 k and keep Poppy Foran for a year @ $420k

Not a bad line up..

1 Averillo
2 DWZ
3 Hoppa/Schouup
4 Kotoni Staggs
5 Cutis Rona/Smith
6 Kieran Foran/Hastings
7 Hastings/Wakeham
8 Thompson
9 Grant
10 Napa
11 Josh Jackson