Who’s tired?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I get what you said word for word about being an escape for a few hours mate. When’s the last time we have seen a game that you could just enjoy and not be nervous and just enjoy the great tries and come home from the pub if that’s where you watched it or at home on the couch doing the fist pumps and have a bit of a smile for a few hours.
two weeks and 3 days ago

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
just remember in the scheme of life this is just a game.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't say I'm tired because there's more than enough going on in life at the moment and there's plenty of other things to go out and enjoy.

But I will say I really do miss the good times. We had so many great semi final campaigns and I was lucky enough to go to many of our semi finals and grand finals. So I am longing for those times to return, but unfortunately we're all going to have to be more patient than we wanted to be.

A great therapy I'd like to suggest is kayaking. I do it near home, it's so peaceful on the water and I don't find myself thinking about our games and if we'll lose by 50 next week.
Also love doing some Kayaking particularly if there's some fishing involved. At this point in time I know that footy isn't the pick me up that it has been for most of my life. While that's a bit sad, I know that things are cyclical and we'll eventually get some joy from the game again. In the meanwhile I won't slit my wrists over it despite the fact that footy brings me no joy.

I'm among a group here that got to experience a long period of dominance from a young age. It's hard having to see the team being the easybeats of the competition after having never approached a game without feeling like we could win. So while the last few years have taken an emotional drain on me as a fan I'll live in hope that we'll eventually rise to a point where I look forward to our game every weekend.

In the last ten years I've lost a great deal of interest in the game largely due to the perception that

1) It's getting rigged by referees.
2) Certain teams get favoritism.
3) It's hard for any team to climb out of a hole when things go wrong.

Even the fact that the NRL has done it's best to try to keep the fans in the dark with bullshit like fining coaches for having a spray at referees reinforces those thoughts. The rules introduced this year make it extremely easy for the refs to shape the outcome of games without copping the scrutiny. Feels like they assume football fans are idiots. I think that there's a fair chance that they'll kill off the passion of fans for many clubs with things going as they are presently with a few clubs looking like they can't lose and the rest looking like they can't win by landslide scores.

It pisses me off that clubs can't even negotiate deals to pay players out with their own money to dump over paid under performing players, but a few select clubs are able to medically retire players that move on and get contracts later on. It really is bullshit that clubs have to pay a portion of a players wage out of the salary cap to move them on.

There are many factors that have led us to the position we're in. I personally think that going back to a point where we hired outside CEO's that had no love of football or the club started our slide. From the outside I think that we've probably eliminated most of the people that are in our admin just to draw wages and replaced them with passionate people and hopefully that means that we'll rise from the ashes again soon. It's not fun having low expectations, but as long as I can manitain high hopes I won't ever be able to walk away from loving the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Went out for dinner. We all settled in and sat down, just in time to see that last try :(

The abject disappointment and realisation of how far we have sunk, hit like a ton of bricks.
@Alan79 you'll be interested to know we had dinner on Sunday night at The Royal lol...the sweet potato wedges are the best ever! and same goes for the steaks :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Alan79 you'll be interested to know we had dinner on Sunday night at The Royal lol...the sweet potato wedges are the best ever! and same goes for the steaks :grinning:
Glad you enjoyed it. Haven't been getting many shifts since they blew the budget on staff a month back. Starting a second job sometime this week. So I was unfortunately at home watching the game until the my dog convinced me that going for a walk would be much more enjoyable. I don't regret missing the last 10-15 minutes of the game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it. Haven't been getting many shifts since they blew the budget on staff a month back. Starting a second job sometime this week. So I was unfortunately at home watching the game until the my dog convinced me that going for a walk would be much more enjoyable. I don't regret missing the last 10-15 minutes of the game.
Sorry to hear that re shifts.

Sometimes it takes a few weeks to assess staffing numbers and they realise the most valued :grinning:

You have a smart dog lol.

Since reading a few others concern and depressing state about the team, I now have stopped watching (except for the sneaky updates others have admitted too hehe) and feel its ok to pull back on watching the train wreck till better times...or at least for a week or so haha.

In 2008 I threw out all my GF t-shirts etc only keeping the best sentimental jerseys, and regretted it, so it taught me our club can rise again and we just have to hang in there.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Following this team right now is mentally draining. I have a lot going on in life and back in the days, they used to give me something to look forward too and forget about my problems for a few hours. Now, they are just putting the icing on the cake for me. What frustrates me the most is, the teams football IQ is non existent. It’s like they have never played the game. Playing one out, not looking to the edges, always running the same lines and short balls. I know there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but the question is, when ?
I know how you feel. Watching our team play is akin to watching a bad comedy. The glimmer of hope is at the end of this year when we get rid of the deadwood. The more of them we re-sign the longer the tunnel. Our new signings Flanno and Wadell are not long term solutions but backup players when our real stars whoever they may be get injured or if another club is that stupid they should be offered as loan swap players.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I fkn hate the fact commentators and rivals feel sorry for us. We used to be hated for our success. Tired and losing my love for a sport that used to be very important and entertaining for me.
We need a successful injection so that game could be interesting again. But even then it's still not the same. I take a look at the interested in the game I had from the early 90s until the mid 2000s and somewhere in there my love for the game in general subsided. I just don't care these days. I still love my club and want them to win but I know it's just wishful thinking most of the time.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Settle down ***** or you will give yourselves one

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did I bother watching this. Every week I’m so fucking over it