Whisky Appreciation Thread

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I started off on the typical Johnny Walker train and have gone through most the Labels (Red, Black, Double Black, Green, Gold and Blue). Favourite is Green Label by far for price and taste.

Have also had a limited run single malt from 23rd St Distillery in Adelaide (who normally do gin). Glengoyne and Glenfiddich are also top drops, however I have found myself down the Islay Rabbit hole.

Laphroaig 10 is absolutely amazing. Peaty, earthy, smokey and soul warming.

SIde note: whenever you are in USA, find a bottle of Pendleton Whiskey. Canadian style whiskey that's brewed in Portland. Around $30USD and it really is an amazing drop at that price point. You won't be disappointed.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Joined the whisky club. Hopefully a few decent bottles pop up

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is it only murika that spell it "Whisky" and not "Whiskey"?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it only murika that spell it "Whisky" and not "Whiskey"?
Quote from this article.

It is generally spelled “whiskey”—with an e—in the United States and Ireland. It is spelled “whisky”—without the e—in Scotland and Canada, which are both well known for their whisk(e)y, and in several other countries.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Quote from this article.

It is generally spelled “whiskey”—with an e—in the United States and Ireland. It is spelled “whisky”—without the e—in Scotland and Canada, which are both well known for their whisk(e)y, and in several other countries.
Thank you kind sir!

I owe you a drink ;)