Which NRL club had the most passionate fans in season 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MUCH has been said about NRL crowd numbers in 2017, with poor figures drawing criticism over the state of stadiums, transport, ticket prices and more.

All of that aside, though, who are the most passionate fans?

Who are the battlers that show up each week to cheer their team on?

One-team towns Brisbane, Melbourne and North Queensland obviously top the list of club home averages during the regular season. That’s a no-brainer.

But a resurgent Eels and Roosters sides led the Sydney teams for average home crowds while the woeful Rabbitohs slumped to last.

Just five clubs recorded increases in average crowd figures compared to 2016.

See the full list below, as compiled by Big League.

upload_2017-11-8_22-0-33.png

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Would like to see the numbers withoutThursday night matches.
We have quite a few this season also.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought ours would have gone down by more than that tbh.
I would've thought with all the promotion and hype given to the rotters by CH9, they would have every one in Australia except me following them.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think knights fans were most passionate. They have owned the spoon for 2 years but they still show up to games in reasonable numbers, even in the rain.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
roosters the bandwagoners, and no way the titans get 13k

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Probably the Knights.
Souths have the most passion pop fans

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Broncos 30k+ ?
There is no way they get that every game.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure about passionate, but i am very surprised the Rabbitohs are the lowest figure, considering they also have one of the highest number of members.

I was expecting the lowest figure to be the Raiders, Tits or Pennies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely have my doubts about the Roosters figures. Also I am assuming they must have been the home team for the Anzac Day match that was full of St George supporters. Either way still have my doubts about how all of those figures are determined.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about passionate, but i am very surprised the Rabbitohs are the lowest figure, considering they also have one of the highest number of members.

I was expecting the lowest figure to be the Raiders, Tits or Pennies.
Rabbitohs members figures have to be fudged. They have had 30k or whatever members for years, yet they have consistently one of the lowest average home crowd attendance

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos 30k+ ?
There is no way they get that every game.
Haven't you got a tv? Turn it on next season 8pm every Friday and look at the basically full house at Suncorp every second week.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rabbitohs members figures have to be fudged. They have had 30k or whatever members for years, yet they have consistently one of the lowest average home crowd attendance
You can't bring your pets into ANZ nor can everyone get day release so it only leaves the two legged roughly law abiding to turn up - hence the reason they are on the bottom of the list.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah we actually have things to do on a Friday night in Sydney unlike Brisbane ey
Like what, work for the dole, burning down buildings, illegal street racing etc. :tonguewink:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't bring your pets into ANZ nor can everyone get day release so it only leaves the two legged roughly law abiding to turn up - hence the reason they are on the bottom of the list.
We might laugh at their pets membership, but every club does it, including ours....

Status
Not open for further replies.