Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with the idea that Critta has the potential to lift the players around him and also his professionalism should hopefully lift the team in general. But it's very hard to measure that kind of impact.
In terms of single games and a players ability to win a game through individual effort I think we need to look at the halves. Even if Critta was to play at the back as a pseudo half I still believe the player to have the greatest impact on a game will be the controlling half. Since we don't appear as yet to have a dominant game manager/controlling half, I think the player to have the greatest impact on our season will be two players. Sure I know that doesn't make sense with regards to the OP, oh well.
Burton and whoever plays the most games at 7 will be the main reason our season is a success.
Having said that if we don't have a whole team effort in most of the games we play this year I'll need to be working overtime on my mental health exercises. Comeon!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the idea that Critta has the potential to lift the players around him and also his professionalism should hopefully lift the team in general. But it's very hard to measure that kind of impact.
In terms of single games and a players ability to win a game through individual effort I think we need to look at the halves. Even if Critta was to play at the back as a pseudo half I still believe the player to have the greatest impact on a game will be the controlling half. Since we don't appear as yet to have a dominant game manager/controlling half, I think the player to have the greatest impact on our season will be two players. Sure I know that doesn't make sense with regards to the OP, oh well.
Burton and whoever plays the most games at 7 will be the main reason our season is a success.
Having said that if we don't have a whole team effort in most of the games we play this year I'll need to be working overtime on my mental health exercises. Comeon!
You make sense … this is what I’m hoping Critta’s competitiveness brings, I’m hoping his losing isn’t an option attitude, pushes Burton, Sexton and all those around him to want to be better and have his same attitude, train harder, and at least defend and be as competitive for 80 minutes as they possibly can be.

The whole team needs to go into the season with an enough is enough mindset, time to start playing to our fullest potential and start winning at all costs, and when they do lose, they need to leave the other team saying F*** don’t ever want to play them again ..

By the way, can you still buy a battered sav, use to love those ..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spelling: Crichton.

Crighton plays for Rorters :grinning:
Errm I think they’re both spelled Crichton mate. I have never known that surname to be spelled any other way. That’s why it’s funny seeing people with different variations.

Edit: The name actually does have a few variations but I haven’t seen anyone with them before…

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Josh Curran will have a massive impact on the team. He is a workaholic and 100% footy player.
He will combine well with Kikau and Preston. Of course it all depends on the input from the halves.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You make sense … this is what I’m hoping Critta’s competitiveness brings, I’m hoping his losing isn’t an option attitude, pushes Burton, Sexton and all those around him to want to be better and have his same attitude, train harder, and at least defend and be as competitive for 80 minutes as they possibly can be.

The whole team needs to go into the season with an enough is enough mindset, time to start playing to our fullest potential and start winning at all costs, and when they do lose, they need to leave the other team saying F*** don’t ever want to play them again ..

By the way, can you still buy a battered sav, use to love those ..
Last time I had one was from a Greek fish and chip shop in Katooba around '94. The lady who worked there had a fabulous accent when she pronounced coca cola.
Sadly everything seems mass produced these days.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I had one was from a Greek fish and chip shop in Katooba around '94. The lady who worked there had a fabulous accent when she pronounced coca cola.
Sadly everything seems mass produced these days.
Many moons ago my parents owned a traditional old school takeaway shop, I’m talking back when hot chips were wrapped in the white butchers paper and you had them with salt and vinegar ..

You know the type, milkshakes lolly’s cigarettes cold food and stuff one side of the shop ….. hot chips, battered fish, hamburgers, chickens, hot food the others side of the shop, and the tables at the back with the retro red glitter vinyl bench seats where you could sit down and order lunch or dinner, especially an old school mixed grill.

We used to do everything ourselves, cut and batter the scollops, peel and put the potatoes through the cutter for chips, batter the sav’s, one of our best sellers were the whole deep fried potatoes with a bit of curry powder on them, whole front window was full of so many choices, nothing came in frozen, meats and fish etc were delivered every day fresh.

I use to work in that shop after school and on weekends pretty much 7 days a week, loved it, the food was a hundred percent better back then.

Last edited:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many moons ago my parents owned a traditional old school takeaway shop, I’m talking back when hot chips were wrapped in the white butchers paper and you had them with salt and vinegar ..

You know the type, milkshakes lolly’s cigarettes cold food and stuff one side of the shop ….. hot chips, battered fish, hamburgers, chickens, hot food the others side of the shop, and the tables at the back with the retro red glitter vinyl bench seats where you could sit down and order lunch or dinner, especially an old school mixed grill.

We used to do everything ourselves, cut and batter the scollops, peel and put the potatoes through the cutter for chips, batter the sav’s, one of our best sellers were the whole deep fried potatoes with a bit of curry powder on them, whole front window was full of so many choices, nothing came in frozen, meats and fish etc were delivered every day fresh.

I use to work in that shop after school and on weekends pretty much 7 days a week, loved it, the food was a hundred percent better back then.
This has nothing to do with bulldogs discussion. Start a take away shop thread in the lounge if u wish to discuss farther

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau needs Burton to isolate defenders or put him through space. Same with the rest of the blokes on the left corridor.
Kikau can't do much for Burton except run good lines and smash attackers coming his way coz Burtos D is the worst in the league.
I am hoping Burton is playing outside Kiks in the centers.

Hounddub

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's not about an individual doing well, and really about how well this group can come together as a team.

IMHO the key to the dogs success this year is how the forward pack works together to lay a platform for the speed and talent we have outside. Curran, Kicks, King and Preston are the leaders...but the Suttons, Knights and Hughes of the team is where we will be made or broken

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I'd imagine if you replicated that now it would be a very busy place. I used to love the old school chips!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd imagine if you replicated that now it would be a very busy place. I used to love the old school chips!
It was a very busy place back then, back when you made the hamburger patty’s by hand, and you put beetroot on a burger and it was freshly cooked for you, no fast food chains back then .. people didn’t mind waiting for good food to be cooked for them … these days people don’t have the patience … we live in a “ I want it now society” …

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a very busy place back then, back when you made the hamburger patty’s by hand, and you put beetroot on a burger and it was freshly cooked for you, no fast food chains back then .. people didn’t mind waiting for good food to be cooked for them … these days people don’t have the patience … we live in a “ I want it now society” …
Also applies to football teams.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Critta…but if I had to pick one from left field, I’m going to say Tracey, if he can replicate his 250m+ runs he was churning out for the Sharks and can inspire teammates with his fearless kamikaze runs, could be the spark from the back we need.