Where the game will be won vs the storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's your thoughts on how we can beat the storm????

I personally think we have to Bash them up in the forwards and frustrate Cronk, slater,smith we have to put them off there game.

OzHeat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
as if we gonna win, emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
no chance, unless a miracle happens on saturday evo:sorry:

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Need to slow their play the ball down so Smith cant get out and carve us apart

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's your thoughts on how we can beat the storm????
I think we've got to be the team with the most points scored at the end of the game. If we do this, then I think we have a great chance of beating them!

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
thats our issue, we cant slow the play the ball down as we seem to get 'out-wrestled' in the ruck
Yeah i know, i dont care if we give a few penalties away for it but we have no chance unless we start slowing teams down

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure how to beat them, but i think this'll be a season defining game for us, similar to the dragons game at the SFS last year. If we jag a win it'll set us up for a big year, if we get flogged I reckon our season will be done ! I'm predicting something in-between, and an average season !

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Not sure how to beat them, but i think this'll be a season defining game for us, similar to the dragons game at the SFS last year. If we jag a win it'll set us up for a big year, if we get flogged I reckon our season will be done ! I'm predicting something in-between, and an average season !
I agree with you BB thus far the season feels alot like last years same sort of start and this game will be telling of the way the rest of the season goes. Big loss and our confidence will be shattered...

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will be won at AAMI Park.
I know I've quoted it on here before, but it reminds me of that gem from Gordon Strachan (former manager of Coventry, Southampton, Celtic and Middlesbrough) from his days as Southampton manager:

"Reporter: So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?
Strachan: What areas? Mainly that big green one out there...."

And some of his other gems...

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
Strachan: "Velocity" [walks off]

Reporter: Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?
Strachan: No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless."

Its an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson. On Wayne Rooney

http://www.england2010.co.uk/gordon-strachan-quotes.htm

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I predict if we can jag a win this week we wont win the next .

Cameron Smith is the key , if Ennis can into his head and put him off his game we might be a chance , might .
Run our big boys at Cooper Cronk at whatever you do dont kick it to Slater !!!!!!!!

We have to attack early as they nearly never get run down once ahead on points .

One positive is Des has a good coaching record against them

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we've got to be the team with the most points scored at the end of the game. If we do this, then I think we have a great chance of beating them!
The man is a genius. But how do we have those points at that time? ]

With the ball: Strong go forward hit ups. Short passing forays with the forwards going forward. The backs spread it wide with some second phase play. Barba feeding off Kasiano, Payne Eastwood and ayone else going forward with the ball. Kick to open spaces not Slater or the wingers, or kick for touch if we are in frontAnd don't drop the bloody thing.

In defence: Line speed with dominating tackles. First tackler must make his hit stick. Wrap up the ball in tackles to stop off loads. Slow down the play the ball. Don't give away penalties.

We don't have to play a perfect game, just frustrate them into errors.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
The only way to beat the storm is to have a 100% completion rate and give away no penalties. Raiders had some joy by winning the forward battle but in the end their discipline let them down. Lets face it their 1 6 7 9 is far superior than ours and every player on our team will have to play out of their skins for us to be a chance in this one.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Canberra beat them down there last year so you never know

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So if we scored the most points at the end of the game we're still a chance to lose?

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our spine can't compete with theirs at the moment, but their forwards aside from smith are pretty Vanilla and predictable, if we're going to win it we need to dominate the middle and complete around 90%, basically starve their guns of quality ball. Ideally we want to go up early like we did against Merge, easier said than done but they've cruised to easy wins lately, hopefully catch them napping early. Need offensive guns Pritchard and Morris to carve up the edges, Goodwin to have a good night under the cross field barrage that's coming his way and feet for hands Payne and Wright to catch the ball.

Go team.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I can think is they have to lose sooner or later hahaha I just pray its this week. We are capable of beating them. Remember a few years ago at bluetongue, noddy was out injured an Roberts went off hurt early. Holdsworth steered us to victory over a pretty strong storm side. Hopefully we pull a rabbit out of a hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.